EDMW Knife Collectors

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score

ComicBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just chanced upon this thread. Looks pretty cool! Bookmarking it as I also have a couple of swords. :D

Lonerider

Reaction score
If you do get a knife I suggest you don't go around telling people you are carrying one for self protection. You'll be getting into trouble really fast.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my knife!
IMG_0760.jpg

fishcake2005

Reaction score
Rick Hinderer Xm18 - Flipper

I have a 3.5 latest Generation from Rick , sporting the Carpenter CTS-XHP High Performance Stainless Steel to let go. Interested pls PM me.

hinnie.jpg

ComicBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanted to share a gentle reminder to all here so we don't get into trouble with the law ...

Carrying offensive weapons in public places.

6. —(1) Any person who in any public road or place carries or has in his possession or under his control any offensive weapon otherwise than with lawful authority or for a lawful purpose shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years and shall also be punished with caning with not less than 6 strokes.

(2) In any prosecution for an offence under subsection (1), the onus of proving the existence of a lawful purpose shall lie upon the accused.

(3) A weapon shall be presumed to be carried with lawful authority if it is carried —
(a) by a member of the Singapore Armed Forces or of the Singapore Police Force or of any visiting force lawfully present in Singapore under the provisions of any law relating to visiting forces; or
(b) by any person as part of his official or ceremonial dress on any official or ceremonial occasion.

Offences relating to scheduled weapons.

7. —(1) Any person who, otherwise than for a lawful purpose —
(a) carries or has in his possession or under his control;
(b) manufactures, sells or hires or offers or exposes for sale or hire; or
(c) lends or gives to any other person,

any scheduled weapon shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years and shall also be punished with caning with not less than 6 strokes, and in the case of a second or subsequent offence to imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 8 years and shall also be punished with caning with not less than 6 strokes.

(2) In any prosecution for an offence under subsection (1), the onus of proving the existence of a lawful purpose shall be upon the accused.

SCHEDULED WEAPONS

1. Any knife, sometimes known as a flick knife, which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife.
2. Any knife, sometimes known as a gravity knife, which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever or other device.
3. Any whip manufactured from bicycle or motor cycle chains or from any similar kind of chainwork.
4. All kinds of knuckledusters.
5. Any blade or other instrument attached to or forming part of a bicycle pump, metal-pipe or stick, and concealed therein, which is capable of being used for cutting or stabbing.
6. Any sword, machete or parang, axe, sickle, bearing scraper, spear, bayonet, iron rod, and the nancha-ku (segments of wood or metal joined by a chain, leather strap or cord).
7. Any knife, sometimes known as a wasp knife, which is capable of injecting a ball of compressed gas that freezes both human and animal tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection.

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanted to share a gentle reminder to all here so we don't get into trouble with the law ...

Carrying offensive weapons in public places.

6. —(1) Any person who in any public road or place carries or has in his possession or under his control any offensive weapon otherwise than with lawful authority or for a lawful purpose shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years and shall also be punished with caning with not less than 6 strokes.

(2) In any prosecution for an offence under subsection (1), the onus of proving the existence of a lawful purpose shall lie upon the accused.

(3) A weapon shall be presumed to be carried with lawful authority if it is carried —
(a) by a member of the Singapore Armed Forces or of the Singapore Police Force or of any visiting force lawfully present in Singapore under the provisions of any law relating to visiting forces; or
(b) by any person as part of his official or ceremonial dress on any official or ceremonial occasion.

Offences relating to scheduled weapons.

7. —(1) Any person who, otherwise than for a lawful purpose —
(a) carries or has in his possession or under his control;
(b) manufactures, sells or hires or offers or exposes for sale or hire; or
(c) lends or gives to any other person,

any scheduled weapon shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years and shall also be punished with caning with not less than 6 strokes, and in the case of a second or subsequent offence to imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 8 years and shall also be punished with caning with not less than 6 strokes.

(2) In any prosecution for an offence under subsection (1), the onus of proving the existence of a lawful purpose shall be upon the accused.

SCHEDULED WEAPONS

1. Any knife, sometimes known as a flick knife, which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife.
2. Any knife, sometimes known as a gravity knife, which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever or other device.
3. Any whip manufactured from bicycle or motor cycle chains or from any similar kind of chainwork.
4. All kinds of knuckledusters.
5. Any blade or other instrument attached to or forming part of a bicycle pump, metal-pipe or stick, and concealed therein, which is capable of being used for cutting or stabbing.
6. Any sword, machete or parang, axe, sickle, bearing scraper, spear, bayonet, iron rod, and the nancha-ku (segments of wood or metal joined by a chain, leather strap or cord).
7. Any knife, sometimes known as a wasp knife, which is capable of injecting a ball of compressed gas that freezes both human and animal tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection.

pt 1 & 2 pretty much includes all folders and assisted/kick deployable folders liao mah....no?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
carrying any form of weapon is not self protection, it is more of a deterrent, especially carried openly just like our home team assets and the army..

self protection is all about situational awareness and conflict avoidance.. all armed forces will teach you that the weapon is to be used only as a last resort and only when your life is endangered.

carrying a concealed weapon is malicious, especially in Singapore where all the security measures is put into place courtesy of the singapore government.

I really do not see the point why anyone here would think their life would be in danger.. if there ever is any threat, the best weapon in life is humility and graciousness.. a smile and a polite attitude makes for a civil and gracious society. I do not believe that "An armed society is a polite society."

Last edited:

ComicBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pt 1 & 2 pretty much includes all folders and assisted/kick deployable folders liao mah....no?

Yep, it basically covers everything!

I guess the point here is if we are buying knives just to keep and display at home, then no issue. The law does not say we can't own or collect them. However, if we are caught in a public place with one, we better make sure we have a damn good reason for carrying one - saying for self-protection probably isn't going to go down well with the law.

Spurgears

Reaction score
carrying any form of weapon is not self protection, it is more of a deterrent, especially carried openly just like our home team assets and the army..

self protection is all about situational awareness and conflict avoidance.. all armed forces will teach you that the weapon is to be used only as a last resort and only when your life is endangered.

carrying a concealed weapon is malicious, especially in Singapore where all the security measures is put into place courtesy of the singapore government.

I really do not see the point why anyone here would think their life would be in danger.. if there ever is any threat, the best weapon in life is humility and graciousness.. a smile and a polite attitude makes for a civil and gracious society. I do not believe that "An armed society is a polite society."

Hi Viix, That's a very good point and I agree with you.

In Singapore, there is no reason to carry knive for self protection. Carrying knive around for self protection will only result in high tendancy to get into unnecessary trouble.

Keeping knifes should purely be as a hobby. Just as I appreciate and specialty steel used to construct the blade and and workmanship in the grinding and polishing of the finsh surface.

I always have this feeling that people tends to think we collect knives are up to something no good... This feeling is especially strong when I was questioned by custom when collecting my package. I think most people link knives to bad things like crime or killing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.