EDMW Knife Collectors

Spurgears

Reaction score
With all the recent teen gangs slashing incidences I really hope it dont indirectly affect us genuine knives collectors...

I read from straits times few days back, some MP even suggest licensing for jungle knives and camping knives :eek:

Ironically if you notice from pictures of newspaper, the knives they used for violence are all kitchen bread knive and cleavers :look:

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read from straits times few days back, some MP even suggest licensing for jungle knives and camping knives :eek:

Ironically if you notice from pictures of newspaper, the knives they used for violence are all kitchen bread knive and cleavers :look:

That's what we call "ivory tower policy making." It's just silly reactionism out of complete ignorance.

The knives people collect are high quality tools that cost a lot of money. Which gangster with any brains is going to go spend a lot of money to order a high quality camping knife and risk going to ICA to be registered, or buy one in a local shop and be registered with the police? Only law-abiding citizens like us would do it.

Gangsters mostly buy kitchen knives, box-cutters and water melon knives which are cheap and can be thrown away after they've done their illegal activity, and won't be registered. If anything, that MP should suggest people register kitchen knives instead.

These kind of stupid laws when enacted only affect the law-abiding folks like us who use these knives for their proper purposes - as tools, not weapons. Criminals will find other ways to hurt people. Are they going to license metal pipes next? Or baseball bats? Or spanners above a certain size?

It's just silly.

holocast

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
true la...

i think stupid to license those jungle knife etc..

i think more for those like samurai swords etc..

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
With all the recent teen gangs slashing incidences I really hope it dont indirectly affect us genuine knives collectors...

MPs and our gahmen system of meritocracy is all about reactive process implementation :s8:
no practicality.. I think a curfew for youth would be better :s13: but then I'm an old shushu liao so dun hate me :o

Spurgears

Reaction score
That's what we call "ivory tower policy making." It's just silly reactionism out of complete ignorance.

The knives people collect are high quality tools that cost a lot of money. Which gangster with any brains is going to go spend a lot of money to order a high quality camping knife and risk going to ICA to be registered, or buy one in a local shop and be registered with the police? Only law-abiding citizens like us would do it.

Gangsters mostly buy kitchen knives, box-cutters and water melon knives which are cheap and can be thrown away after they've done their illegal activity, and won't be registered. If anything, that MP should suggest people register kitchen knives instead.

These kind of stupid laws when enacted only affect the law-abiding folks like us who use these knives for their proper purposes - as tools, not weapons. Criminals will find other ways to hurt people. Are they going to license metal pipes next? Or baseball bats? Or spanners above a certain size?

It's just silly.

Your point is exactly the case!! No gangsters with abit of brain will order expensive knives and risk collecting it from ICA or cantonment station having their particulars recorded, when they have the intention to use it as a weapon to hack their rival and most likely dispose it after the fights, as it will become conclusive evidence against them

But yet, law abiding collectors are the ones that will be affected the most when they tighten the laws on collectable knives and still wont stop the gangsters from using kitchens knifes or other stuff for violence.

Knives can never kill human. Only humans kill humans

Spurgears

Reaction score
MPs and our gahmen system of meritocracy is all about reactive process implementation :s8:
no practicality.. I think a curfew for youth would be better :s13: but then I'm an old shushu liao so dun hate me :o

I agree with you. Curfew for youth and more intensive contant counselling and brain washing will be more effective.

Then uncles like us can continue with our expensive hobby hahaha

BTW, I ordered a Fallkniven PHK from KnifeSupply and received their confirmation, for two weeks now they have not process the order... I sent them request for order status and no reply... think this site really sucks !!

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

who these MP? they got think before they suggest or not?
maybe next they will suggest 3 families sharing 1 kitchen knife. :s13:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
BTW, I ordered a Fallkniven PHK from KnifeSupply and received their confirmation, for two weeks now they have not process the order... I sent them request for order status and no reply... think this site really sucks !!

:eek: that store dun stock items AFAIK.. heard complaints on knifeforums before on their very poor and slow customer service..

Spurgears

Reaction score
:eek: that store dun stock items AFAIK.. heard complaints on knifeforums before on their very poor and slow customer service..

This company is really crap, I waited another week and still no reply to my email.

I wonder this knife supply website is a scam to trick people into disclosing their credit card information

I sent knife supply another email today enquiring about my order... if they still don't, I guess this time really kena con liao.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.. could i just ask is it possible to buy those convenient multi function pocket knife from ebay? does it get hold by the custom?

Those knife like you have screw driver, scissor, maybe a cutter of something.. those not so dangerous looking one. just for casual using.. cos i dont want to get those that has sharp knife.. need to bring it along to outside or school. dont want other thought i bring weapon to school.. lol!

If yes, where to buy them? those cheap one will do =D

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.. could i just ask is it possible to buy those convenient multi function pocket knife from ebay? does it get hold by the custom?

Those knife like you have screw driver, scissor, maybe a cutter of something.. those not so dangerous looking one. just for casual using.. cos i dont want to get those that has sharp knife.. need to bring it along to outside or school. dont want other thought i bring weapon to school.. lol!

If yes, where to buy them? those cheap one will do =D

You mean multitool? Like the leatherman/victorinox those kind? Can get from dragon's blacktactical shop in funan for leatherman (though not cheap).. or if you want cheaper, from army market can go ssrr..

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
This company is really crap, I waited another week and still no reply to my email.

I wonder this knife supply website is a scam to trick people into disclosing their credit card information

I sent knife supply another email today enquiring about my order... if they still don't, I guess this time really kena con liao.

Is it charged to your card already? Ask the CC bank to stop the transaction if it is.. then monitor for fraudulent transaction..

So far I've not encountered any phishing of CC online, but dunno why always kanna when I go overseas.. change a few cards already everytime I return to sg :o

Last edited:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean multitool? Like the leatherman/victorinox those kind? Can get from dragon's blacktactical shop in funan for leatherman (though not cheap).. or if you want cheaper, from army market can go ssrr..

Yup multi tool.. looking for those low mid range which doesnt rust easily and small and good can already.. Oh.. blacktactical shop has move to funan? didnt know! no wonder i dont see his shop at bedok anymore~

Wonder any online shop such as amazon or dealextreme will have them or not.. :s13:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup multi tool.. looking for those low mid range which doesnt rust easily and small and good can already.. Oh.. blacktactical shop has move to funan? didnt know! no wonder i dont see his shop at bedok anymore~

Wonder any online shop such as amazon or dealextreme will have them or not.. :s13:

How cheap u wan and how many tools? ou can check out edcdepot as they've limited multitool for pretty cheap shipping. DX multitools are ok but I wouldn't trust the steel they use as the quality is pretty random.. If you are looking for an online retailler, you can check out Smartgiftidea where I got my MUT.. great seller and very fast shipping.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How cheap u wan and how many tools? ou can check out edcdepot as they've limited multitool for pretty cheap shipping. DX multitools are ok but I wouldn't trust the steel they use as the quality is pretty random.. If you are looking for an online retailler, you can check out Smartgiftidea where I got my MUT.. great seller and very fast shipping.

Maybe low than 30USD? for the tools, as long it has those reasonable tools which normally it includes? such as screwdriver, tweezer, scissor..

Hope you can reccomend something that is randy handy and small.. =D thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.