EDMW Knife Collectors

Sonic69

Reaction score
Oh I see that I don't have enough post count to post photos. Too bad. So I have to nuisance remark a few more times before I can show you guys my folders.

Sonic69

Reaction score
I also got a ZT0300 Blemish coming.
Benchmade 950 Rift - This one is used, will have to see condition first.
Spyderco Tenacious
and CRKT Ripple (the cheaper one with Aluminium handles). All are new except the Rift. I'm knife crazy.

Sonic69

Reaction score
Some of the PRC knives are really good, for eg. those produced by Kevin John's factory - pity with his ability, skill and resources, he chooses to just copy original designs (right down to logos) and infringe the IPR of others. He's too talented for that, IMO. I guess $$ talks.

Separately, I noticed some guys collect lots of production knives - certainly variety is the spice of life, and they are not really expensive. Do you guys have any theme to your collection - for eg. chinese productions? or movie items =:p? or spydercos? or benchmades? or....and have you considered swapping all those productions for a couple of good custom blades? different strokes for different folks, it's all good ;)

Not sure about my theme yet. There's just a certain look that I like, and also I like variety so I don't buy all the same brands or styles. Innovative techie stuff also attracts my attention like different locking mechanisms and so forth. Seems that medium size is the trend for me. Haven't bought anything 4" or more or less than 3".

Sonic69

Reaction score
Strider Tigerstripe section!! Fall in!!!!!! (Top to bottom: PT Lego, SnG CC, SMF Lego)

Btw, I'm letting go of my regular blade CRK Umnumzaan (Old pivot w/ LBS), interested parties do let me know.

How much you asking for the Umnumzaan?

Sonic69

Reaction score
Alright thanks! I'll find something else then. Any knife to recommend for edc purpose?
I prefer an all steel construction such as the Kershaw Onion series. I do prefer a plain edge recurved blade but i'll consider other choices too, just no tantos please. Size have to be medium to small, the type that fits your palm just nice. Budget below $100. No particular preference with the locking mechanism. Thanks in advance!

I have a CRKT Ripple on the way, K415KXP, this is also a Ken Onion design but not recurve. This is the cheaper aluminium handle one. Another one that you might like is the ZT0350TS, with the Tiger stripes. Both are for sale if you're interested.

Sonic69

Reaction score
Unfortunately it came with a deep scratch on the titanium side. Hope this photo shows it. I'm sending her to Kai USA for a spa treatment. Hopefully she comes back all fixed up.

I was supposed to get 3 of these but Knife Center messed things up and ended up with only one from Knife Works. Knife Works have not responded to my e-mail about the scratch so it's off to Kai. I'm re-considering buying from them again. God knows how much I've spent at their store.

Great knife! I just got the ZT0550, what a solid handling knife.

nilfire77

Reaction score
How much you asking for the Umnumzaan?

MSRP for the zaan is US$425 ~ SGD$544 without factoring shipping yet.

I'm letting go mine at SGD$520. Item is SOLD.
04vecpnzaanopened.jpg

05vecpnzaanopenedback.jpg

Last edited:

Sonic69

Reaction score
it's good idea to carry one wherever u go as a self protection tool

Leroy Jethro Gibbs, NCIS, Rule No.9 - "Never go anywhere without a knife"

LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!

It was actually Gibbs' ZT0302 Desert Tan with Tiger Stripes that got me hooked onto folders.
Now I'm a sick man with a knife addiction.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.