EDMW Knife Collectors

nilfire77

Reaction score
And what do you guys feel about Taiwanese made Spyderco? Are they better than their Japanese or golden counterparts?
I have both.. Based on my experience, the taiwanese spydies edges over the japs in terms of fit and finish. Most dudes at bladeforum seems to agree on this..

Last edited:

killstreak7

Reaction score
I would hold on for a while more until supply catches up. Price now is still a bit on the high side.

You got that right. Knifecenter has it for usd 256 actually to think about its about the same price as a zt 0560 so it's not really that ex.

sojourn88

Reaction score
some more photos of the Caly 3 Damascus:

Caly3_damas_011_wm.jpg

Caly3_damas_015_wm.jpg

Caly3_damas_020_wm.jpg

Caly3_damas_028_029_wm_lr.jpg

Caly3_damas_046_wm.jpg

SpyderHole_03_06_wm.jpg

Last photo with Navy K631

Sonic69

Reaction score
Edge Pro Essential Sharpening system for sale

Hi guys, I am selling my Edge Pro sharpener to fund the purchase of some Japanese waterstones. If you guys are interested to know more, the link is chefknivestogo dot com/ edproesset dot html
I only purchase it a couple of months ago.

It comes with:
Edge Pro Bag
Water Bottle
Micro Fiber Cloth
Edge Pro Sharpener
Beston 500 stone (aprox. 8mm thick)
Bester 1.2K stone (aprox. 8mm thick)
Arashiyama 6K (aprox. 8mm thick)
Balsa strop pre-loaded with boron carbide
Quick load spring
Platform magnet
Drill stop collar

You have to link up the address yourselves as I can't post links with my feeble 50 post level. :s11:
I used it to sharpen my set of 8 kitchen knives plus my ZT0550. It is not difficult to use and I am fairly pleased with it, BUT I'm not in love with it. So, I feel I am ready and would like to move on to hand sharpening with waterstones.

Priced to sell at SGD180. SOLD on eBay!!!!! It's gone.

Last edited:

Sonic69

Reaction score
Straight Razor Shaving

Not sure how many of you use straight razor for shaving but I have just bought myself a Dovo straight razor online. This is another area of edged tools that can get very expensive with collectables. But, like kitchen knives, at least can use the stuff we "collect". A little more practical versus combat/camping/tactical knives that i will hardly if ever use in the role they were built to perform.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you use straight razor for shaving but I have just bought myself a Dovo straight razor online. This is another area of edged tools that can get very expensive with collectables. But, like kitchen knives, at least can use the stuff we "collect". A little more practical versus combat/camping/tactical knives that i will hardly if ever use in the role they were built to perform.

Yeah man.... looking for a straigh razor myself too (though i do not have much facial hair)

Sonic69

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am selling my Edge Pro sharpener to fund the purchase of some Japanese waterstones. If you guys are interested to know more, the link is chefknivestogo dot com/ edproesset dot html
I only purchase it a couple of months ago.

It comes with:
Edge Pro Bag
Water Bottle
Micro Fiber Cloth
Edge Pro Sharpener
Beston 500 stone (aprox. 8mm thick)
Bester 1.2K stone (aprox. 8mm thick)
Arashiyama 6K (aprox. 8mm thick)
Balsa strop pre-loaded with boron carbide
Quick load spring
Platform magnet
Drill stop collar

You have to link up the address yourselves as I can't post links with my feeble 50 post level. :s11:
I used it to sharpen my set of 8 kitchen knives plus my ZT0550. It is not difficult to use and I am fairly pleased with it, BUT I'm not in love with it. So, I feel I am ready and would like to move on to hand sharpening with waterstones.

Priced to sell at SGD180.

I cross listed this on bladeforums so the first to respond gets it.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I am actually a Bus Driver.
An Airbus driver. hehe :s13:

:D pilot spotted!

I don't use straight razor.. always shaving in a rush so I use double edge..
Well, mine are all utility knives.. no shelve queens.. :s22: but I take very good care of my tools so.. :(

Sonic69

Reaction score
:D pilot spotted!

I don't use straight razor.. always shaving in a rush so I use double edge..
Well, mine are all utility knives.. no shelve queens.. :s22: but I take very good care of my tools so.. :(

I also don't have much facial hair but lately I have become so annoyed with disposable shavers. Don't know what it is but not satisfying to shave with them la.

I was initially looking only for the traditional safety razors that use disposable 2 sided blades, but as I looked around the internet I thought why not combine my love of blades and sharpening and maintaining edged tools to shaving as well. So when my sis in law asked me what I wanted for Xmas I said a straight razor! So she offered to buy me a complete kit, like a starter kit. So I ordered the Holiday Straight Razor Set from classicedge dot com - a Canadian site. Excellent right? I order, someone else pays. Fantastic!

Anyway, the package was sent Monday morning Canadian time and hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so it will arrive. I have looked around and just know that I will be buying other beautiful new and vintage razors in time to come. And the best part is I can rotate them for daily shaving. Women go to the spa for facials, I will take my time and enjoy my shave everyday. Can't wait!

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I also don't have much facial hair but lately I have become so annoyed with disposable shavers. Don't know what it is but not satisfying to shave with them la.

I was initially looking only for the traditional safety razors that use disposable 2 sided blades, but as I looked around the internet I thought why not combine my love of blades and sharpening and maintaining edged tools to shaving as well. So when my sis in law asked me what I wanted for Xmas I said a straight razor! So she offered to buy me a complete kit, like a starter kit. So I ordered the Holiday Straight Razor Set from classicedge dot com - a Canadian site. Excellent right? I order, someone else pays. Fantastic!

Anyway, the package was sent Monday morning Canadian time and hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so it will arrive. I have looked around and just know that I will be buying other beautiful new and vintage razors in time to come. And the best part is I can rotate them for daily shaving. Women go to the spa for facials, I will take my time and enjoy my shave everyday. Can't wait!

The great thing about disposables is I can just change out the blade for a sharp one in a jiffy.. I have to shave daily and most of the blades I have lose their shaving edge past 3 shaves.. (yeah, my facial hair is plenty). I did contemplate straight razors but having to strop it before I shave adds an inconvenience.. besides, I can strop to a nice shiny utility edge, but a shaving edge is still a hit and miss lol.. I enjoy the lathering and post shave facial maintenance though =:p which is why I also enjoy going to the spa with the missus for monthly facial and the salon for the occasional body hair & nail maintenance too :D it's not just for woman =:p

Last edited:

sojourn88

Reaction score
news reported that straight or cut throat razors sales up at least 400% after Bond used one in Skyfall... though he did not use it himself..his Bond girl did the shaving for him....
so alot of people going into this... these are really at cut throat prices too.. a good one can be $300, which can get you a high tech electric rechargeable Braun or philips.

Sonic69

Reaction score
Its like that la. People see something on TV or Movies then they think its a good idea. See how long the fad will last.
If anybody is interested, I bought mine from classicedge dot com. An entry level good razor starts from around USD90 if you look around. Must buy a leather strop to accompany the razor otherwise useless. Also, from what I've read, almost all razors won't come "shave ready" from the factory. So make sure the reseller will provide the free service to hone and strop the razor to "shave ready" condition.

Since I don't have a full on beard, I won't have to think about honing my razor for about a year. 8000 grit stone followed by Chromium Oxide on a strop will do the trick. Don't have to worry about angles because you place the spine and edge on the stone/strop. Ready made angle guide!

Anyways, very eagerly anticipating my shaving set. Should arrive next week.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.