EDMW Knife Collectors

Sonic69

Reaction score
The great thing about disposables is I can just change out the blade for a sharp one in a jiffy.. I have to shave daily and most of the blades I have lose their shaving edge past 3 shaves.. (yeah, my facial hair is plenty). I did contemplate straight razors but having to strop it before I shave adds an inconvenience.. besides, I can strop to a nice shiny utility edge, but a shaving edge is still a hit and miss lol.. I enjoy the lathering and post shave facial maintenance though =:p which is why I also enjoy going to the spa with the missus for monthly facial and the salon for the occasional body hair & nail maintenance too :D it's not just for woman =:p

I used to go to the Spa too! But I don't like the Singapore practice of selling packages after every session. Damn annoying. So nowadays I drive in to JB for my massage (clean one la!). Ok la, don't have the steam bath and scrub but its much cheaper and I just top up my loyalty card whenever I feel like it. Nobody there ever sales pitch me. 2 hours massage only less than RM200. Buy 5 get 1 free. Bring wife/gf/friends there can also deduct from your card.

sojourn88

Reaction score
sonic.. why you need to post 100 to post pics? i thought u just use the insert image button... but first you need to get your pics into a third party host.. eg, picasa or photobucket... then use the button to add this tag or type manually the tag:
#IMG$http://blahcom/asspicture.jpg#/IMG$

replace # by [
replace $ by ]

see if it worsk?

sojourn88

Reaction score
WTS Benchmade Adamas 275 combo edge. Knife is brand new , not used, just viewed and flipped a few times. This is a huge solid tank, manual axis lock version, non automatic , take note!

No minors please, Please show me NRIC to ascertain age before I decide to sell.
PM me for details.
•D2 Tool Steel with coating Cerakote™
•Handle Material: Desert Tan G-10
•Liner Material: Full Stainless Liners
•Lock Type: AXIS
•Sheath Material: Sand Color MOLLE Soft Sheath with Malice Clip
•Blade Length: 3.82" (97mm)
•Blade Thickness: 0.160" (4.06mm)
•Length Closed: 4.88" (124mm)
•Weight: 7.70 oz. (218.3g)
•Handle thickness: 0.73” (15.5mm)

adamas_ser.JPG

Sonic69

Reaction score
sonic.. why you need to post 100 to post pics? i thought u just use the insert image button... but first you need to get your pics into a third party host.. eg, picasa or photobucket... then use the button to add this tag or type manually the tag:
#IMG$http://blahcom/asspicture.jpg#/IMG$

replace # by [
replace $ by ]

see if it worsk?

Tried Liao. Always get the error message that I don't have the required number of posts to post links or pix. Confirmed by old bird liao. 100 post then only can post pix and links. Zzzzzz

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
OMG, only 59 posts. When am I going to hit 100 so I can post pix? sigh

Here's another thread you can post to hit your hundred lol..
EDMW Wet Shaving Club

I used to go to the Spa too! But I don't like the Singapore practice of selling packages after every session. Damn annoying. So nowadays I drive in to JB for my massage (clean one la!). Ok la, don't have the steam bath and scrub but its much cheaper and I just top up my loyalty card whenever I feel like it. Nobody there ever sales pitch me. 2 hours massage only less than RM200. Buy 5 get 1 free. Bring wife/gf/friends there can also deduct from your card.

Yeah, the local spa are either targeted at servicing specials/gay men or have degraded into groupon and package driven spas.. I also head up to JB.. get twice the service for half the price lol.. not many local establishment have the full facilities that serve couples already..

sojourn88

Reaction score
sonic..
opps.. u type it out in that format and send me.
i post for u la. so on my side i just hit the replace button to replace # and $ ..

Last edited:

sojourn88

Reaction score
The Sanrenmu SRM 710 in 2 different versions, Satin and TiNi black
Type: Frame Lock
Blade length: 70mm
Blade steel: 8Cr13MoV (57 HRC)
Blade thickness: 2.5mm
Open length: 165mm
Weight: 92g
Handle thickness: 0.334" (8.5 mm)
Handle material: Ti coated stainless steel Satin polish / Black TiNi Finish with Laser Etching, Satin polish
Blade Style & Opener: Drop Point Utility, Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV (57-58HRC) / Black TiNi Finished
Handle Material: Satin Polish
Clip: Tip Down

srm-710_005_003_wm_s.jpg

SRM-B4-710_016_wm_s.jpg

SRM-B4-710_034_wm_s.jpg

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of using a razor. But a disposable razor is just way too convenient.

Sonic69

Reaction score
Ordering from Knifecenter

I want to order 1 or 2 knives from Knifecenter. Anybody want to order anything? Can split the shipping. Its USD30 per shipment of up to 3 knives. So it will work out to be USD10/knife.

Sonic69

Reaction score
If anybody is wondering, my next purchase is the Benchmade BM940P - 940 Osbourne. AND.... the Kershaw Ken Onion Leek (assisted opener) with Red/Black Aluminium handles.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Sonic, I can't wait to see pics of your collection. I don't have a fat wallet so I will live vicariously =:p=:p=:p

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
what I am really looking forward to is the Boker Vox Kitchen Set - the one with the sculpted handles. I plan to get a santoku, chef and paring...plus the magnetic knife block. so yummy. Jesper Voxnaes has come a long way from being just a spyderco collector to an award winning knifemaker.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am selling my Edge Pro sharpener to fund the purchase of some Japanese waterstones. If you guys are interested to know more, the link is chefknivestogo dot com/ edproesset dot html
I only purchase it a couple of months ago.

It comes with:
Edge Pro Bag
Water Bottle
Micro Fiber Cloth
Edge Pro Sharpener
Beston 500 stone (aprox. 8mm thick)
Bester 1.2K stone (aprox. 8mm thick)
Arashiyama 6K (aprox. 8mm thick)
Balsa strop pre-loaded with boron carbide
Quick load spring
Platform magnet
Drill stop collar

You have to link up the address yourselves as I can't post links with my feeble 50 post level. :s11:
I used it to sharpen my set of 8 kitchen knives plus my ZT0550. It is not difficult to use and I am fairly pleased with it, BUT I'm not in love with it. So, I feel I am ready and would like to move on to hand sharpening with waterstones.

Priced to sell at SGD180.

The edge pro is a very good investment. And the price is awesome. I used to own one, but now I freehand (not as good as with edgepro, but more convenient for me).

I'm hoping to get a belt sander system set up, once I move to my new place. Hope the neighbours don't mind :D

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
wa so did u sell at e loss$ or later?

QUOTE]

sold at lost as I wasn't aware it was being discontinued. :(:(:( I can't even find one for 30% more than the price I sold. At that time I needed the cash. These days, if I can't sell, I'll just hang on a little.

The large regular sebenza is my favourite - I find it fills the hand better than the zaan, and I love the collared/bushing pivot system. No tweaking, always centered and perfect. Easy to disassemble to clean as well, no messing about.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
HI Vespayguy Care to share where to get the custom kydex made? i have a couple of fix blade which does not come with sheath, or anyway comes with sheath but is not suitable to keep the blade inside the leather sheath during storage. PM me if not convenient to publish the info. thanks!

Sojourn, PM me in 2 weeks. I'm getting my kydex then. If the quality is good (the pricing is certainly reasonable), then I'll share the info. He gets more business, you get your kydex =:p

I tried contacting a guy who does kydex for busses (popular on BF), but he didn't even bother responding. What a turn off. :s8:. I prefer humble makers/craftsman even if they're not the best in the market. I do not care for arrogance.

viking

Reaction score
Noticed that most are collecting 'modern' knives.
Any of you collect traditional folders.
I have three traditional folders - which you guys might find interesting.

3TraditionalFolders-1.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.