Electric fan discussions - kdk and other brands

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
Hi, I remove the fan back cover, is the thermal fuse brown in color? It has shizuki 1.5f ac430v written on it. I tried searching online for the item but it seems like no longer in production. Any alternate brand or model as a substitute? Or do you have leads where I can get the exact same item?

You can see this video on roughly how to locate the thermal fuse. It's the cylindrical thing inside. The brown shizuki thing is the capacitor which I don't think is at fault. But you should also ensure that the bearings are well lubricated and shaft is spinning freely before replacing the thermal fuse otherwise it'll just overheat and blow again.

boliao123

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to install ceiling fans (not necessary for LED light at the btm but i dont mind having) -- was told that Efenz is generally much better in quality vs other brands (e.g. prism)... Anyone has experience in this?

happily1986

Reaction score
Thinking of utilising the climate voucher to purchase a standfan but given the requirement is that it must be DC, it means there are very little choices cos the vast majority of standfans available in the local market are using AC not DC motors

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of utilising the climate voucher to purchase a standfan but given the requirement is that it must be DC, it means there are very little choices cos the vast majority of standfans available in the local market are using AC not DC motors
U go fairprice amk hub

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Has anybody installed KDK Airy E48GP and E60FW or E48FP? Is the LED light for the Airy as bright as the other's?
I am looking to replace my Prism Oasis, which has LED that is too dim for my needs.

colinonglb

Reaction score
Hi experts, after almost 8 years my KDK ceiling fan finally has issues. When I turn on the fan, I can hear a crackling sound at the start, but once it starts running at low or medium speed the sound disappears. And when I turn on high speed 9 and above, I can hear a soft ticking sound as well. Can any experts here explain what’s the issue and how to fix it?
jcbNBES.jpg

Hi guys, i have a similar issue with my KDK U48FP ceiling fan. it makes a ticking sound (https://jmp.sh/qmQfNSV5) at certain speed. any advice to get rid of the sound? TIA

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a similar issue with my KDK U48FP ceiling fan. it makes a ticking sound (
https://jmp.sh/qmQfNSV5
) at certain speed. any advice to get rid of the sound? TIA

Hi, sorry I could not reply your DM coz my iPhone app keep crashing don’t know why. Anyway I heard your audio clip and my ticking sound is very faint, not as loud as yours. I removed the fan, disassemble it, and then reassemble and tightened everything and the ticking sound went away.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

articland05

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello... I'm using KDK R48SP the ABS plastic seems to turn powdery. Is this common? Anywhere I can find ceiling blade replacement? KDK doesnt sell these it seems.

how to resolve this problem if no replacement?

IMG-20240406-152031.jpg

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
hello... I'm using KDK R48SP the ABS plastic seems to turn powdery. Is this common? Anywhere I can find ceiling blade replacement? KDK doesnt sell these it seems.

how to resolve this problem if no replacement?

IMG-20240406-152031.jpg
Buy similar one 2nd hand off carousell and salvage the plastic parts from it. Sometimes can get for really cheap. The silver one doesn't have this issue, only the white, so may want to salvage from a silver unit. You can also use M11SU/K11Z1 parts to substitute if can't get R48SP, all are interchangeable.

articland05

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy similar one 2nd hand off carousell and salvage the plastic parts from it. Sometimes can get for really cheap. The silver one doesn't have this issue, only the white, so may want to salvage from a silver unit. You can also use M11SU/K11Z1 parts to substitute if can't get R48SP, all are interchangeable.
does all KDK white fan have this problem? Issit because white fan lack of some additional coating?

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
does all KDK white fan have this problem? Issit because white fan lack of some additional coating?
All kdk white plastic seems to have. Best just to avoid white varient. I guess the coloured ones have an additional coat of paint protecting the plastic. Also best to avoid using chemical agents when cleaning.

articland05

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All kdk white plastic seems to have. Best just to avoid white varient. I guess the coloured ones have an additional coat of paint protecting the plastic. Also best to avoid using chemical agents when cleaning.
terribly disappointing to know this...
kdk cant even get this simple thing right.
i guess I'll not buy kdk again. not cheap somemore...:frown:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.