Electric fan discussions - kdk and other brands

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
hi guys

can advise kdk ceiling fan V56VK, cannot on off and control the fan speed using remote. Checked remote control, it is working fine power. I like to try repair myself, anyone knows how to fix it? Thank you.
Easiest fix is to replace with a new PCB. This model usually doesn't have any issues with remote response.

If you want to experiment, can try changing the IR receiver on the existing pcb.

cocomeidaizi

Reaction score
The fan other functions (eg.lamp) does response to the remote control. Just that it cannot off and change fan speed from the remote.

The problem is happened past night, but this morning is working fine again.

By the way, where to find a new pcb?

Last edited:

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
The fan other functions (eg.lamp) does response to the remote control. Just that it cannot off and change fan speed from the remote.

The problem is happened past night, but this morning is working fine again.

By the way, where to find a new pcb?
Kdk service centre, shopee, carousell

morkutao

Reaction score
hi all,

planning to purchase p40us.. any idea how i can control via remote/mobile app

tia!

Cancer_Lim

Reaction score
Hi Jmathew1108,
Like to check if u got provide capacitor replacement for my Fanco Icon 48", my fan speed 1 and 2 always stuck slow but speed 3 is ok?

wira

Master Member
Reaction score
hi any advice if my ceiling only has space of 1.5m width ( due to presence of 2 load bearing beams ), can i still fix a small ceiling fan ( maybe the 36" one ) ?

threestageleastsquares

Reaction score
Just replaced some old AC KDK ceiling fans with their DC models (T60AW) - $388 per pop, including installation. Decided not to faff around doing a manual install for some savings and just got the store installers in to do all of them. Quick and efficient.

The DC ones are really leaps and bounds better than the AC ones.

goodchong

Reaction score
My living room and common room both have a false ceiling, might need to install some support internally, has anyone done that ?
Bought KDK fan from Malaysia, do u have recommendation of a contractor for fan installation?

coldish

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which ceiling fan brands are good? The ones that come with lights.
I plan to install 2, 1 in dining area 1 in bedroom.

zystttt

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know if it's possible to integrate Alexa / app control with a 2.4G remote controlled fan? I have a Crestar ceiling fan using a KG31 remote control that's using 2.4G for signal. Is there any sort of product that's similar to a normal IR / RF blaster to control my ceiling fan?

Compact7

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am llooking for good deal + installation to replace my ceiling fan to KDK U60FW. Any good, friendly source to recommend?:)

tingsters

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which ceiling fan with lights the brands are good?
bright euff to cover one room de?

Jackintheboxx

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am llooking for good deal + installation to replace my ceiling fan to KDK U60FW. Any good, friendly source to recommend?:)
Purchase or order from JB. The Sg models are a waste of money. Exact same thing for double the price. Regret my initial purchase of the Sg kdk as I wasn't aware of the price difference.

benozw12

Reaction score
Purchase or order from JB. The Sg models are a waste of money. Exact same thing for double the price. Regret my initial purchase of the Sg kdk as I wasn't aware of the price difference.
Where in JB would u recommend to buy from?

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
I thought its a standard that only under fan would we feel the wind..?
Some of the old metal blade fans you can feel the wind all over the room.

Nowadays most of them only feel directly below. But the popular kdk dc motor models for whatever reason, the spread is poor even for the 60 inch fan. Step out a mere 30 cm from fan radius, only can feel wind at the feet even at max speed.

Jackintheboxx

Reaction score
Where in JB would u recommend to buy from?
Think most lighting shops carry it. I bought from a shop called yes electrical supply.You could also take Panasonic as it is identical to kdk other than branding but around 50 -100rm cheaper.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.