[EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS THREAD] - How To Pack An Emergency Bag & Related Discussions(in SG context) - Part 2

xowithmilk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The offence of using abusive words against a public servant or public service worker is punishable under the Protection from Harassment Act with a fine of up to S$5,000, up to 12 months imprisonment, or both.

Those guilty of breaching regulations under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020, such as safe distancing measures, could be fined up to S$10,000, and face up to six months imprisonment, or both.

For first-time offenders, the offence of disorderly behaviour is punishable under the Miscellaneous Offence (Public Order and Nuisance) Act with a fine up to S$2,000, up to six months imprisonment, or both.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...hurling-vulgarities-public-servants-breaching
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...hurling-vulgarities-public-servants-breaching
*Bonus video*

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those of you who have already done your stocking-up, congratulations to you.

Now is the time to dig-in and minimise going out unnecessarily; it is definitely not the time to pop the champagne and celebrate 'endemic living with COVID-19', for that would be a foolhardy thing to do, especially when so many countries are battling new surges and even a fourth wave.

Better to batten down and let this wave wash over us first. As the Chinese saying goes, "稳扎稳打".
Jialat man.
Its always the hospitalisation and ICU numbers. If those can be controlled, no issues with the rest. Unfortunately, those numbers are linked to the total numbers of people who contract covid.
In other words, they need to bring that number down to reduce the load and strain on the medical facilities and manpower.
Urging is clearly not working. People are tired, stressed out by the ever changing messages.
If don't go to malls, go where? Most things are located in malls too.
I've not been eating out in hawkers/coffeeshop/restaurants since the ban on unvacc has been announced. The Mrs just took her 2nd sinovacc shot, so we have been eating in the car.
I suppose this helps to save money, There's a limit to how much u can pack and eat in the car. But its also tiring la. Need to 'hide' in the car like we are doing something wrong.

I don't see this numbers going down anytime soon. Winter is coming, its the flu season again. Coupled with covid, I think it would be a deadlier 4th quarter 2021 for all of us.
As usual, do what you can to keep yourself and your family safe.
For the rest, we can only watch and pray.
As our muslim friends say, Inshallah. God williing.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jialat man.
Its always the hospitalisation and ICU numbers. If those can be controlled, no issues with the rest. Unfortunately, those numbers are linked to the total numbers of people who contract covid.

On a personal level, try not to kena, even when vaccinated. Still can get loss of taste/smell. It's still a rather tricky/depressive thing to be in, esp if you are a foodie, and also coz there is some uncertainty as to when you can get it back.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note, past 10 days got re-classification of the caes, ART +ve asymptomatic and very mildly symptomatics no count. eg like my colleague's wife and a few EDMWers here. No see lor kun no PCR swab one.
And these cases got chance are out and about in the community.

Coz of this, avg daily swabs done is just ~ 32k now for the past 7 days. 3k+ cases 7 days moving avg, you go figure out the case positivity rate and undetected cases in the community.

Cvbnw7n.jpg

xowithmilk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On a personal level, try not to kena, even when vaccinated. Still can get loss of taste/smell. It's still a rather tricky/depressive thing to be in, esp if you are a foodie, and also coz there is some uncertainty as to when you can get it back.
Amen to that.

In these tough times, everyone must imbibe the spirit of James Bond!

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
181 rip past 28days, average 6.46/day.
Average deaths past 10 days is 9.3/day

22 Sept - 19 Oct 2021
55FV + 32PV + 94UV = 181
30.4% + 17.7% + 51.9%

22 Sep : 1FV - 2UV
23 Sep: - - 2UV
24 Sep: 2FV - 1UV
25 Sep: 1FV 1PV 1UV
26 Sep: - - 2UV
27 Sep: 2 FV - -
28 Sep: 2FV 1 PV 2UV
29 Sep: 1FV 1PV 6UV
30 Sep: - - 2UV
01 Oct: 2FV 2PV 4UV
02 Oct: - - 4UV
03 Oct: 4FV - 2UV
04 Oct: 5FV - 3UV
05 Oct: 4FV 2PV 3UV
06 Oct: - - 3UV
07 Oct: 2FV - 1UV
08 Oct: 1FV 3PV 2UV
09 Oct: 4FV 3PV 4UV
10Oct:. 2FV. 3PV. 4UV
11Oct:. 3FV. 3PV 4UV
12Oct:. 2FV. 6PV. 3UV
13Oct:. 1FV. 2PV. 6UV
14Oct:. 5FV. 1PV 9UV
15Oct:. 3FV. 5UV
16Oct:. 2FV. 2PV 5UV
17Oct: 2FV. 7UV
18Oct: 1FV. 1PV. 4UV
19Oct:. 3FV 1PV 3UV

xowithmilk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The weather is so cool and nice to sleep, so I think I won't be staying up late tonight for today's COVID numbers. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope that we don't cross the 4K mark.

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow morning ya.

Have a great evening!

xowithmilk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Luckily I was sitting down when I checked the latest COVID numbers.

Please standby, I am posting next. Make sure you are sitting down.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.