End of Huawei outside China?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward for the new Huawei OS to see how good is it.
Another things that I'm looking forward is how they going to "rise from the ashes" drama with USA. :s13:

:D:D Game of Thrones :D:D

If Microsoft can fail, I don't see how Huawei can conquer with their OS. Prove me wrong then.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Microsoft can fail, I don't see how Huawei can conquer with their OS. Prove me wrong then.

Yes. You are right
Not to forget OS is only part of the whole story. Available application play a important part too.

Chai_Latte

Reaction score

I have used the Google Nexus One when Play Store was still in its infancy.

I have also used the Nokia 808 on Symbian and Nokia 1020 on Microsoft's OS.

Microsoft failing doesn't mean others cannot do it.

I'm no expert. All I see is that there is a gap not filled in the market and someone have woken a sleeping giant to fill it.

Probably the strategy by Huawei is to convince the Chinese developers to make their apps in multiple languages, with money from their Govt to push this faster.

They should work with app builder like TikTok to see how their homegrown developers can massively capture the global market in a short span of time.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm no expert. All I see is that there is a gap not filled in the market and someone have woken a sleeping giant to fill it.

Probably the strategy by Huawei is to convince the Chinese developers to make their apps in multiple languages, with money from their Govt to push this faster.

They should work with app builder like TikTok to see how their homegrown developers can massively capture the global market in a short span of time.

The difference that, we were doing that to oppose Apple's rise and we had no other investments prior to droids.

Over the years we have spent so much money on paid apps, subscriptions and games that have their data saved in Google Games, nobody will wanna waste years of efforts and investments away.

And we have nothing to be against Google to support the Chinese (ok... maybe this is a contradiction since I switched over to a Chinese brand, since SONY pulled out and I won't be able to get my hands on an Xperia One, but seeing I am anti-Apple, Anti-Korean and Anti-Chinese, I chose the lesser evil)

Using Chinese phone is still ok if their interface is not 100% iOS copycat. I mean, if any of you noticed, all Chinese brands force us to have app icons cluttered onto our desktops instead of having an app drawer. And this is why I chose to bear with Huawei. At least they bother to give us an app drawer option. Else we would end up having gazillions of pages on our homescreen because of the many apps we have.

I am pretty sure not only will there be spyware and adware (like Xiaomi and Lenovo) in Huawei's new OS, it will be an identical iOS copycat.

So nope, if my Mate 20 Pro will have an option to upgrade to their nonsense OS instead of Q, I rather not update it ever.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You look at problem in easy way. Do you think Microsoft failed in Win OS on phone is due to technology is not as good as other? I don't think so. I believe is timing, they are late to the market, so they are also lack of support from applications developer. In business point of view, they failed.

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
I'm only looking at the positive and have given possible solutions to the issues in my post :)

Like I said I'm no expert.... we will see in a couple of years time.

Huawei have said that the Chinese version of their OS will be ready by end of this year and the International version latest by Q2 next year.

So they do have a strategy to have an International version.

The difference that, we were doing that to oppose Apple's rise and we had no other investments prior to droids.

Over the years we have spent so much money on paid apps, subscriptions and games that have their data saved in Google Games, nobody will wanna waste years of efforts and investments away.

And we have nothing to be against Google to support the Chinese (ok... maybe this is a contradiction since I switched over to a Chinese brand, since SONY pulled out and I won't be able to get my hands on an Xperia One, but seeing I am anti-Apple, Anti-Korean and Anti-Chinese, I chose the lesser evil)

Using Chinese phone is still ok if their interface is not 100% iOS copycat. I mean, if any of you noticed, all Chinese brands force us to have app icons cluttered onto our desktops instead of having an app drawer. And this is why I chose to bear with Huawei. At least they bother to give us an app drawer option. Else we would end up having gazillions of pages on our homescreen because of the many apps we have.

I am pretty sure not only will there be spyware and adware (like Xiaomi and Lenovo) in Huawei's new OS, it will be an identical iOS copycat.

So nope, if my Mate 20 Pro will have an option to upgrade to their nonsense OS instead of Q, I rather not update it ever.

You look at problem in easy way. Do you think Microsoft failed in Win OS on phone is due to technology is not as good as other? I don't think so. I believe is timing, they are late to the market, so they are also lack of support from applications developer. In business point of view, they failed.

bedlamite

Reaction score
MS were late to the market, plain and simple. I had a bunch of Lumias and I was there during the Windows Phone 7 and 8 days. The OS was far, FAR ahead of both iOS and Android in terms of usability, UI, smoothness, what have you. It eventually died a slow death because WP just couldn't get any app store traction. Fat lot of good a fast OS does when there're no apps to use on it.

I remember when Google took away Youtube on WP. Imagine not having friggin Youtube on a modern smartphone lol

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

meowth82

Reaction score
From XDA forum, the guy said online got selling unlock bootloader code. So does it mean possible to install custom ROM in future if you want to upgrade the android version?

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nokia is good brand. I’ve used Nokia N82, 808, N79, 5200, 6500 slide, c6-01, n9. I’m thinking of buying 6.1 plus?

I rather Europe dominate, letting two giant countries to dominate, it’s hell break lose... all suffers.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From XDA forum, the guy said online got selling unlock bootloader code. So does it mean possible to install custom ROM in future if you want to upgrade the android version?

Even there is a bootloader code to buy and then install cutom ROM, you will still be running android. That also mean you cannot access any google services if you are using Huawei devices.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
plain and simple.. unless you are a tiongster or living in tiongland, no GApps or services, the OS dies, just a matter of the company letting it slowly bleed to death or put it out of its suffering early.. simi HongMeng OS will become HongGan OS eventually...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/23/18636841/huawei-android-windows-alternatives-europe-us-editorial

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Even games are using Google services.... If no Google services the phone will be crippled severely. I rather switch to another brand by then. No point using their China OS.

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
see all the SG Huawei warriors on FB talk until got dragon got tiger say HongMeng OS once released will make google and iOS lose its global dominance and their apps gallery can still sideload all the google apps and services.. sibei jialat.. it's ok if they wanna think positive and all but when they shout out their stupidity like this, it makes Huawei users look even worse. the users really have no idea how GApps and services is closed sourced and controlled by Google.. they just see and read that andoird platform itself is open sourced and instantly believe that everything can be sideloaded like nothing ever happened..

right.. can't wait to see the reaction of those FB warriors reading news about HongMeng OS turning into HongGan OS on Tencent, Baidu, Sina Weibo apps when the time comes.

bedlamite

Reaction score
I'm not using any phone with an all-Chinese OS. Who knows what that thing is sending back

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Simi warriors?... People are having intelligent discussion.

Are you looking at the mirror and describing yourself as a warrior when you are writing these below?

see all the SG Huawei warriors on FB talk until got dragon got tiger say HongMeng OS once released will make google and iOS lose its global dominance and their apps gallery can still sideload all the google apps and services.. sibei jialat.. it's ok if they wanna think positive and all but when they shout out their stupidity like this, it makes Huawei users look even worse. the users really have no idea how GApps and services is closed sourced and controlled by Google.. they just see and read that andoird platform itself is open sourced and instantly believe that everything can be sideloaded like nothing ever happened..

right.. can't wait to see the reaction of those FB warriors reading news about HongMeng OS turning into HongGan OS on Tencent, Baidu, Sina Weibo apps when the time comes.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not using any phone with an all-Chinese OS. Who knows what that thing is sending back

Worse, write a self-destruction code onto the phones and happily kaboom in the users' faces whenever the phone detects the user bad-mouthing Chairman Mao and their Motherland :s22:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simi warriors?... People are having intelligent discussion.

Are you looking at the mirror and describing yourself as a warrior when you are writing these below?
you must be one of them, that's usually how they react to any comments replied that would hurt their patriotic hearts. :s13:

Chai_Latte

Reaction score
Oh, yeke aku patriotic? Patriotic kebabai.... lu macam mana punyer betol lah?

Haha, must be?

Once again, Others trying to to have an intelligent conversation... There is a crystal ball thread or fengshui thread somewhere for warriors like you :)

you must be one of them, that's usually how they react to any comments replied that would hurt their patriotic hearts. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.