EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

deve2545

Reaction score
I have quite a number of EZ-Link Cards with quite large value locked inside - value which could be put to better use (eg: as money for bank interest gains or investment gains) without surrendering. How I wish I could use EZ-LInk directly at SAM and AXS for large bill payments. Any suggestions to "unlock" these values in EZ-Link Cards without surrendering the cards (before their expiry dates)?

CrashWire

Master Member
Reaction score
I have quite a number of EZ-Link Cards with quite large value locked inside - value which could be put to better use (eg: as money for bank interest gains or investment gains) without surrendering.
How did you end up with so many cards?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
looks like ez-link acceptance rate has dropped since the last time i checked the list. so now i pretty much will use them at 7-eleven, McD, bubble tea shops liao otherwise very difficult to clear the balances.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Even UOB also ceased FP feature.

Wasted my time queuing at the bank.
all the banks alr stopped issuing credit/debit cards with NFP, they realised that it's canibalizing their visa/master role in the SimplyGo scheme, so they took all these off to avoid conflicting interest. custs use Visa/Master, they still earn from them. custs use ez-link/NFP, they instead have to pay to maintain the cost of issuing such cards.

saves cost as well as Gemalto will charge the banks extras to code the NFP/Ez-link features onto the cards.

chiokcc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks like ez-link acceptance rate has dropped since the last time i checked the list. so now i pretty much will use them at 7-eleven, McD, bubble tea shops liao otherwise very difficult to clear the balances.
I thought Fairprice accepts EZ-link, but do not see it listed already ...

I have switched to NFP and ditched EZ-link as my cards start to expire.....

ColorCode

Reaction score

I tried at fairprice using Ezlink. Transaction failed but money got deducted from card.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score

I used to use them at NTUC and cold storage but ever since they don't display the ez link cards I've stopped.

bert7888

Reaction score
Anyone here uses a credit card for their transport daily (like an ezlink card)? I want to know more about the billing from Bank.

oneplusoneistwo

Reaction score
For SimplyGo? visa cards typically next day posted transaction, Mastercard maybe within 10 days or so [combined]? Amex is GLHF~

Singrish

Reaction score
Just return the card to ticket office & get refund lor

chiokcc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go and check it out : https://simplygo.transitlink.com.sg/

I have been using SimplyGo since it started about 4 years ago, when it was known as "Account Based Transaction" (ABT) during the initial, try-out phase.

But there were common and frequent problems, especially with the card readers on buses. Took a long time for all parties to get the "sensitivity" of the card readers right. Past one year, hardly had issues anymore.

While I use Mastercard and VISA for public transport (buses and MRT) on a daily basis, I always have a NFP card as a back-up.

deve2545

Reaction score
Btw I presume any SimplyGo extra promotions / points / credit card benefits during the initial sign-up period should have expired by now right? Anyone knows any banks' VISA / MC still offering any enhanced benefits (as compared to say normal CC spending of the same value as the bus/mrt fare)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.