EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

royalmix

Master Member
Reaction score
no need kancheong, the local banks own NETS, they will want it to succeed, so wait for credit card promos, already existing paywaves should qualify for rebates?
if NETS want it to run with flying with colors, should use samsung pay method ie no need data or wifi, everyone can pay! If need data, I am out, other than usual paywave method

Jazzbie

Reaction score
Hawkers will also have to play their part and not say their terminal spoilt or not on.

dc10000

Reaction score
if NETS want it to run with flying with colors, should use samsung pay method ie no need data or wifi, everyone can pay! If need data, I am out, other than usual paywave method

Spay also needs data one. i went msia and cant use without data.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
the rollout should contain paywave/paypass as they are also cashless modes. i'm just kinda surprised AMEX is part of the rollout, as AMEX is not as widely accepted as most ppl thinks.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
nowadays with cc always excluding ezlink and nfp... i am more pessimistic.

its not dining when u topup nfp. the mcc code should be prepaid card i think? stand to be corrected

As others have mentioned, we are talking about using master/visa. Likely it is dining category right

juelim

Reaction score
the rollout should contain paywave/paypass as they are also cashless modes. i'm just kinda surprised AMEX is part of the rollout, as AMEX is not as widely accepted as most ppl thinks.

It is likely to be for their respective e-wallets or debit cards, and not via credit.

royalmix

Master Member
Reaction score
Under the initiative by these agencies, consumers will be able to use some 20 payment schemes, which includes the ez-link transport cards and concession cards and the Nets FlashPay cards.

The schemes will be rolled out progressively in two phases. The first batch of 10 payment schemes will go live by the end of this year. By August 2019, customers dining at coffee shops, hawker centres and industrial canteens can choose from all 20 payment schemes through unified touchpoints.

Merchants will be given a terminal for card payments and the national QR code payment standard, dubbed SGQR, to accept and process transactions from the 20 payment schemes.

The all-in-one e-payment terminals, which can read contactless and chip-based cards, and process QR code payments, will also be rented to hawkers at no charge for the first three years after they sign up with Nets.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh you all got see the image one notch. It says amex, mastercard, visa

yah of course. These are part of the 10 payment scheme in the first batch.

I have a feeling there is a catch somewhere, lower fees to merchant but wider range of payment schemes accepted. Even better than that of stores in malls. Too good to be true. Anyway no point postulate too much will have to see how it work when it gets launched.

Last edited:

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Over the next three years, stall holders will not need to pay any monthly transaction fees for accepting e-payments, as the Government will provide funding support during this period.
Government subsidizes the merchant adoption for the 1st few years and NETS does not charge for the rented terminals for 1st few years.

For credit cards, MCC should be 5812/5814.

keemmeng

Reaction score
I entered a statio gantry with an ezlink card and exit at another station with a MasterCard credit card. How ah?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 9 using GAGT

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I entered a statio gantry with an ezlink card and exit at another station with a MasterCard credit card. How ah?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 9 using GAGT

you will get charged max price on the ezlink card for fail to tap out, can request refund for the extra amount paid on transitlink website https://www.transitlink.com.sg/eservice/eclaim/claim_form1.php

You did not use mastercard to exit as there should be error, so no need do anything for mastercard.

Last edited:

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore rolls out unified payment QR code SGQR in latest cashless push

Dubbed the world’s first unified payment QR code, the SGQR is compatible with 27 payment schemes, such as PayNow and NETS, and will be deployed over the next six months.

the-sgqr-code-displayed-at-a-toastbox-outlet-at-the-100am-mall.jpg

sgqr-code.png

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-payment-singapore-rolls-out-unified-10727568

juelim

Reaction score
Singapore rolls out unified payment QR code SGQR in latest cashless push

Dubbed the world’s first unified payment QR code, the SGQR is compatible with 27 payment schemes, such as PayNow and NETS, and will be deployed over the next six months.

the-sgqr-code-displayed-at-a-toastbox-outlet-at-the-100am-mall.jpg

sgqr-code.png

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-payment-singapore-rolls-out-unified-10727568

So looks like while the SGQR supports various payment schemes, it depends on who the vendor signs up with. See the photo of the Soba Express. It only supports payment via 5 schemes, i.e. the main local banks mobile wallets and Nets Pay. Once Grab Pay is included, it should be in. But not the other 19 schemes.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So looks like while the SGQR supports various payment schemes, it depends on who the vendor signs up with. See the photo of the Soba Express. It only supports payment via 5 schemes, i.e. the main local banks mobile wallets and Nets Pay. Once Grab Pay is included, it should be in. But not the other 19 schemes.

for vendors, less cluster is a plus for them, but unlikely having less cluster will encourage vendor to sign up more payment options

patrons not getting more payment options, even though that's what the headlines seem to suggest. now instead of big stickers, I have to look for small icons :(

I also hope vendors dont do away with NFP as a result ... heng, my fav fried carrot cake stall still accepts :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.