Moon Cake Skin
1. 225 gm almond flour (30.38 gm)
2. 75 gm desiccated coconut (grind into flour)
3. 140 gm xylitol sweetener (melt in a stainless steel bowl under low flame) (140 gm)
4. 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (1.2 gm)
5. 25 ml lard
6. 3 nos. egg yolks (3 gm)
7. 10 ml alkaline water
8. 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (0.25 gm)
(total dough weight ~ 520 gm. Each mini moon cake skin is 20gm)
- Mix xylitol, xanthan gum, egg yolks, alkaline water, vanilla essence in a mixer bowl.
- Slowly pour in almond and coconut flour to the melted xylitol together with the rest.
- Knead the dough.
Salted Egg Yolk
1. 20 nos. of salted egg yolks
2. 50 gm xylitol sweetener (melt in a stainless steel bowl under low flame) (50 gm)
3. 1/2 tsp of sea salt
4. 25 ml of lard
5. 20 gm watermelon seeds
(total egg yolks’ weight – 385 gm) (Each mini salted egg is 10 gm)
- Rinse the salted egg yolks and steam for 10 mins.
- Mashed the salted egg yolks with the rest of the ingredients
- Weigh 10 gm each and make mini salted eggs
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.