[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

MyNameAxE

Reaction score
for $7 or slightly more can go Cold Storage or NTUC Finest & get almond butter which has a much better nutritional profile & just as tasty.

wow lugi liao for buying a $7.20 peanut butter

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
contains palm oil.

Palm oil is still not so bad...hahah

Red palm oil is actually very good for us but it's very hard to find and it has a strong smell :(

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Illusionist_85

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Btw folks, anyway to beef up? Here's the scenario,

I introduce lchf to my colleague since he mentioned he wanna cut down tummy fats. He's those slim with big belly type.

Fast forward after 8 months or so, he told me his waist drop 2 inch n tummy not so visible.

So now he wanna build up his body while further reducing belly fats, any tips to do so?

He told me he got go for a few clicks run n gym 2-4 times per week depending on workload.

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw folks, anyway to beef up? Here's the scenario,

I introduce lchf to my colleague since he mentioned he wanna cut down tummy fats. He's those slim with big belly type.

Fast forward after 8 months or so, he told me his waist drop 2 inch n tummy not so visible.

So now he wanna build up his body while further reducing belly fats, any tips to do so?

He told me he got go for a few clicks run n gym 2-4 times per week depending on workload.

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

8 months & dropped only 2 inches?? I dropped 3.5 inches in 3 months! Obviously, your colleague's LCHF diet isn't really what it should be. Please tell him if he's serious about fatloss, no processed carbs & junk food at all! He should also seriously read up on LCHF, resistance training, HIIT & tabata protocol.

What exercises does he do in the gym? Sets? Reps? I've seen folks really working out & those who just "work out" if you know what I mean.

For myself I didn't even go to the gym; all I did were TRX & weights metabolic circuits at home every alternate day. An example of a TRX & free weights circuit that I used:

1. Weighted TRX Push-ups
2. Pull-ups
3. TRX 1-arm rows
4. TRX Y lateral raises
5. TRX pikes/DB swings
6. TRX assisted pistol squats
7. Single leg Romanian Deadlifts/TRX single leg curls

I started with just 2 circuits, at the end of the 3 months I was doing 5 - 6 circuits per workout. Every exercise taken to failure & no rest between exercises at all. Rest time between circuits were 60 secs working down to 30 secs.

Note: This is NOT a bodybuilding workout - it's a metabolic circuit to build anaerobic & aerobic fitness and because it's a metabolic workout, it's fantastic for fat burning & raising the metabolism for 48 hrs.

Luc777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I hungry at night...can i jus nom the unsalted butter in chunks?

jus want to lose weight...not working out...

Luc777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best to just drink plain H2O...hahaha

Add a slice of lemon for flavour (and sea salt to replenishment) but that's about it

To be frank, I don't consider ayataka as highly processed and actually list it on my safe to drink list, along with oolong tea and F&N club soda.

The preservatives inside, imo, is the lesser evil when compared to the sugar content and artificial flavoring of other carbonated sodas like coke, 7-ups, pepsi etc.

I would drink ayataka, oolong and club soda as and when I feel like it. However, the majority of my liquid consumption will still be from water.

Also, canned/bottled drinks are definitely more expensive if all you're looking for is to quench your thirst. Stick to our good ol' trusty tap water for that purpose :D Consider investing in a quality water bottle too!

lol...thanks...cos trying to find alternatives to jus plain h2o...trying to control my sweet tooth...so searching for beverages with flavour...teh o kosong jus did not cut it for me... :crazy:

and thank you gkchay korkor for ur explanation too... :)

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dont need to make yourself so miserable lah.

for me i eat nuts, yogurt, peanut butter and cheese.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No pleae don't eat butter like it's a snack; if you do that, your blood lipids will go haywire. Go to Authority Nutrition & do a search for Bulletproof Coffee & you'll know what I'm trying to say. Butter should be taken with other whole foods & not eaten on its own eg omelette fried with grass fed butter.

If you have hunger pangs, eat raw nuts eg almonds, walnuts, macadamias, pecans, brazil nuts, cashews etc.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol...thanks...cos trying to find alternatives to jus plain h2o...trying to control my sweet tooth...so searching for beverages with flavour...teh o kosong jus did not cut it for me... :crazy:

and thank you gkchay korkor for ur explanation too... :)

NP, I'm not kor kor hor, I'm a 58 yr old uncle... Haha

*Pickle*

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No pleae don't eat butter like it's a snack; if you do that, your blood lipids will go haywire. Go to Authority Nutrition & do a search for Bulletproof Coffee & you'll know what I'm trying to say. Butter should be taken with other whole foods & not eaten on its own eg omelette fried with grass fed butter.

If you have hunger pangs, eat raw nuts eg almonds, walnuts, macadamias, pecans, brazil nuts, cashews etc.

Hmm this is something new to me. Are you referring to the article written by Gizmodo? If so, I wouldn't be surprised since they obviously took a negative stand against extreme diets like lchf.

Personally I think it's alright to chunk down butter to ease those irritating hunger pangs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.