[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is sweet potato ok or not ok? some lchf instagrammers i followed do eat sweet potatoes

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is sweet potato ok or not ok? some lchf instagrammers i followed do eat sweet potatoes

last time i ate it once in a while after my glycogen stores were depleted.

nowadays boh jiak liao. welly long never exercise riaos. :sad:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah but HF... so staple is natural fats

depends on what quantity, how it was prepared , and the level of activity of the LCHFer
oh .. i was inspired to make some healthy fast food haha.
homemade patty with lettuce "burger" and sweet potato fries. gonna bake them or pan fry with olive oil

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Is canned tuna(with EVOO) good/ok/bad for a lchf diet or does it fall under the category of processed food? Good as in can/should be consumed regularly like bacon; Ok as in can be consumed occasionally but generally not recommended as a staple in the diet; Bad as in to avoid completely.

Also, how do you guys classify a food as processed? When it contains lots of other shady ingredients and preservatives? Because to me, canned tuna and cream cheese(high fat) seems to be in the grey area.

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is canned tuna(with EVOO) good/ok/bad for a lchf diet or does it fall under the category of processed food? Good as in can/should be consumed regularly like bacon; Ok as in can be consumed occasionally but generally not recommended as a staple in the diet; Bad as in to avoid completely.

Also, how do you guys classify a food as processed? When it contains lots of other shady ingredients and preservatives? Because to me, canned tuna and cream cheese(high fat) seems to be in the grey area.

canned tuna and sardines in evoo imho, is good as a supplementary meal when one is forced circumstantially to eat them - i.e. reservist. cooking your own meal with real food beats everything else.

always check the ingredients list. nowadays i stay away from anything with preservatives (and also those things that I cannot pronounce).

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
canned tuna and sardines in evoo imho, is good as a supplementary meal when one is forced circumstantially to eat them - i.e. reservist. cooking your own meal with real food beats everything else.

always check the ingredients list. nowadays i stay away from anything with preservatives (and also those things that I cannot pronounce).

Ok. Shall take note of this. I eat tuna only when I get tired of my regular food which mainly consists of eggs, chicken and salad. Also getting quite tired of the roasted and braised stuff.

Thankfully I do not have a sweet-tooth.

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so is fish maw gd as lchf??

as long as from fish is good enough liao.

try fish milt next time. :s34:

Ok. Shall take note of this. I eat tuna only when I get tired of my regular food which mainly consists of eggs, chicken and salad. Also getting quite tired of the roasted and braised stuff.

Thankfully I do not have a sweet-tooth.

why you no love pork belly?

try to add beef and lamb too. everyday chicken i also will sian half. :s13:

the best and fastest to be prepared meal i have so far is stir fry pork lard with eggs, ikan bilis and dried shrimps. :lick: look like carrot cake.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as long as from fish is good enough liao.

try fish milt next time. :s34:

why you no love pork belly?

try to add beef and lamb too. everyday chicken i also will sian half. :s13:

the best and fastest to be prepared meal i have so far is stir fry pork lard with eggs, ikan bilis and dried shrimps. :lick: look like carrot cake.

haha cos the fish maw is found inside rice sack. dunno who so blur put the fish maw inside and threw it away and my parents happens to saw it lol. so is free

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My choice of meat

Beef > lamb > pork > duck > fish > chicken

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.