[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
Yup seems like cold storage only carries 200g packaging of full fat Fage Greek strained yogurt. Unlike Farmer Union which has 1kg packages but is greek styled.

I suppose lard and eggs are the answers to my queries(economically). But lard requires much more time to render, not to mention the kitchen will be smelly and oily(complains from my family members :( )

Have fun with your gym and enjoy your steak :o

500g of greek yogurt is only 3 servings for me. so Fage is out :s13:

anyway Fage doesnt justify the high price difference... and doesnt taste much better anyway.

just buy the pork fat cubes from sheng siong.... $1 big pack throw it in the pan.... well dont throw all. u cant finish in one meal.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Any suggestion on how to up daily oil/butter intake?

On a daily basis I drink 1 cup of coffee + butter(~40g) or VCO(2tbs) and pop a fish oil capsule(~1000mg)

The rest comes from food.

I weigh 120kg, 1.84m and I do P90X3(~30mins HIIT) 6 times a week. My weight loss is pretty slow and fluctuates despite eating on avg <2000kcal daily when my calculated daily intake should be around 3000kcal; I am in a 1000kcal deficit daily but weight loss is slow so I guess the lack of fats is the main culprit?

For example, my meals for today is

Cup of coffee + butter = ~290kcal
200g ribeye = ~600kcal
50g raspberries(1/4 of the NTUC packaging) = ~30kcal
Fish Oil capsule = ~10kcal?
Misc supplements like ACV caps, BCAA(~2g during P90X3)

Total for now = ~930kcal and most of the values are rounded up.

If I were to include dinner and to keep my daily calorie at around 2000kcal-2500kcal, I would need to take in an additional 1070kcal-1570kcal. Any idea or suggestions on what I can and should eat for tonight that has lots of fats in it? Given a choice, I would choose to enjoy my food rather than e.g. to drink VCO on its own. Makes me gag on some occasions.

Thanks in advance :)
my morning coffee i put 3 cubes of butter and blend leh.. 3 cubes is 3oz.. a block of butter is 8oz.. plus 3 tbsp coconut oil.. so my coffee about 700 cal.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Fage is expensive. :(

Did you compare the fats contents? IIRC, the fats content seems to be higher in Farmer Union than Fage.

But so are the carbs in Farmer's Union IIRC. Somehow I prefer Farmer's Union, but thought of trying Fage for a change.

my morning coffee i put 3 cubes of butter and blend leh.. 3 cubes is 3oz.. a block of butter is 8oz.. plus 3 tbsp coconut oil.. so my coffee about 700 cal.

Thats alot! Well I guess I should follow your style. More economical as well.

200g of Fage in 3 sittings??? Gosh, how did you do that? it would be gone for me in one sitting. then again, bui bui satu here.

500g of greek yogurt is only 3 servings for me. so Fage is out :s13:

anyway Fage doesnt justify the high price difference... and doesnt taste much better anyway.

just buy the pork fat cubes from sheng siong.... $1 big pack throw it in the pan.... well dont throw all. u cant finish in one meal.

Yogurt and raspberries are more of a treat than staple haha.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buibui unker too dumb to count calories :sad:

Just know how to eat until full and stop

Next eat only when I am hungry :o

Eating enough fats will keep me full for quite a while :D

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Its tiring to plan the food in advance. With the hawker centres so conveniently located and reasonably priced, its very tempting to just buy a bowl of bak chor mee or chap chye png and dig in. Not because they are tasty, but its so much cheaper and faster.

Now have to prepare own breakfast with lots of eggs and bacon.

Dinner have to go hunt for food with lots of meat and almost 0 carbs, this usually costs few times over a plate of rice with varieties of meat.

Or am I looking at the wrong place.

Like i said, gonna do some shabu shabu tonight. 2 packets of pork belly and beef already $20. zzz.

How do you guys prepare your meals or eat out without cracking your head (and wallet)?

You can eat the usual kway chap, braised pork knuckles and roasted pork but you will get sick of it eventually like me:o

IMO maybe you can skip the beef shabu and just stick with pork belly shabu? Usually the beef shabu are at a premium and they don't necessarily taste that fantastic. I would save the money for the beef shabu and buy from a wholesaler like QBfood for their ribeye which are cheap, grassfed and tasty:s13:

I will only go for beef shabu when I have buffet. En restaurant has pretty decent beef shabu but this is my once in a while treat.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its tiring to plan the food in advance. With the hawker centres so conveniently located and reasonably priced, its very tempting to just buy a bowl of bak chor mee or chap chye png and dig in. Not because they are tasty, but its so much cheaper and faster.

Now have to prepare own breakfast with lots of eggs and bacon.

Dinner have to go hunt for food with lots of meat and almost 0 carbs, this usually costs few times over a plate of rice with varieties of meat.

Or am I looking at the wrong place.

Like i said, gonna do some shabu shabu tonight. 2 packets of pork belly and beef already $20. zzz.

How do you guys prepare your meals or eat out without cracking your head (and wallet)?

i enjoy cooking so i dont feel bored.. i like to see how others cook and think of ways to prepare my meal.
like the other day, my friend showed me how she flatten the chicken meat, roll and stuff with spinach and sour cream. wrap a bacon around it. and bake this whole chunk of yummy lchf food.
you get all the fats and protein?fibre? in 1 roll.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i enjoy cooking so i dont feel bored.. i like to see how others cook and think of ways to prepare my meal.
like the other day, my friend showed me how she flatten the chicken meat, roll and stuff with spinach and sour cream. wrap a bacon around it. and bake this whole chunk of yummy lchf food.
you get all the fats and protein?fibre? in 1 roll.
please share recipe! sounds good and easy (i think) :D

woota08

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

follow fitzai unker footsteps:s12::s12:

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score

Thats basically the problem with me:( Guess it takes time to adapt.

This diet has challenged me mentally more than physically as I am and still am a carb lover. Also the reason why I am usually in a caloric deficit(plus point in a way) as I don't have the desire to eat more fats(or hit my daily intake). This thread, however, keeps me going:D

I am ok with meat, but give me bak chor mee and I can down a few bowls like nothing:s13:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This diet has challenged me mentally more than physically as I am and still am a carb lover. Also the reason why I am usually in a caloric deficit(plus point in a way) as I don't have the desire to eat more fats(or hit my daily intake). This thread, however, keeps me going:D

I am ok with meat, but give me bak chor mee and I can down a few bowls like nothing:s13:

That's why we need high fats cos they give us the satiety that carbs cannot...hahah

Try wolfing down a few bowls of butter :s13:

EatSnakeWarrior

Honorary Member
Reaction score

I got schooled on my fats intake hahahah

Somatic3

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It takes time. I'm not sure about the nature of p90 workout but tbh, if you can't get rid of carbs, it's hard to keep up with this diet.

You need to force your body to be in keto stage to reap the full benefits. Caloric deficit is not exactly a way to go (Think if your body is not in keto and is lacking in calories, where does it take from first? Surely not the Body Fats, also if glycogen store is out, where would they attack?)

Also, you're looking into cutting right?

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
please share recipe! sounds good and easy (i think) :D

very easy 1. just boil some spinach first. put aside.
get a chicken thigh meat. take a heavy object, and flatten it. until like a pancake size. easy to roll.
put a spoonful of sour cream and some spinach inside the flatten chicken and roll.
take 1, 2 bacon and roll over your chicken and insert 2 toothpick to stable it.
bake for around 20mins+

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thks for the info on the unsalted butter!

Enjoy buying! Leave some for me... Next month then buy.. :D

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Squats are the most effective exercise ever, its the core exercise I did for my gym sessions followed by overhead press, bench press, dead lifts and barbell rolls.

Chin ups are awesome too

Think of them as squats for the upper body :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.