[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
The saddest thing is.. hospital pharmacies sell Equal sweetener - which is aspartame - and they recommend diabetics to eat it with no warning despite all these research. My mum eats everyday :( but I bought stevia for her.

But still, no sweetener is best.

from Dietdoctor: "Stevia is a non-caloric sweetener that is relatively new on the international market. It originates in the leaves of a South American plant. Because of that it’s marketed as a “100% natural” alternative to other non-caloric sweeteners.

There’s been some discussion about how natural it really is, as it’s extracted from the leaves using different solvents and goes through further chemical processes before it emerges as a white sweet powder.

Personally I’m no fan of sweeteners, regardless of their origin. They tend to maintain an addiction to sweets. I’ve never seen Stevia as “natural”. It’s purified from leaves and thus it’s no more natural than snorting cocaine (which is also purified from leaves)."

what some of us can see that is everywhere........ everyone is intoxicated.

sugar.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy alrd share your review here... thanks.

i bought once.. put in fridge.. then the noodles stick tgt even when cooked. and the texture.. chew forever won't break. wonder what have i done wrong.

eh.. the same thing happen to my wanton noodles many years ago. so i dont dare to buy and make my own anymore.

i might go to fairprice and search for those instead as suggested by fennel

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey sis, u on LCHF how many months liao? Got lost some kg? Can share ? Haha.

others result better than me lah haha.
i started eat clean last year but lchf probably end last year.
only lose around 4kg leh haha. but for inches i think its around 3" off my waist.

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
only lose around 4kg leh haha. but for inches i think its around 3" off my waist.

3" for a lady.... power leh..

i starting to be able to see my toes liao :o

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
The problem with fat bomb is that it usually needs to be accompanied by sweetener or artificial flavoring in order to taste good / to be palatable.

I made a batch of fat bomb before using grounded flax seed + coconut flakes + cacao nibs + butter + VCO. Needless to say it tasted horrid. Took like forever to finish that batch:o

Now my plan is to just up my butter content for the coffee. Hassle-free and it works.
sigh... why are healthy stuffs not sweet. damn.

ya lor, I use 6 tbsp in my coffee because that's the original recipe: Recipe: How To Make Bulletproof Coffee In 5 Simple Steps | The Bulletproof Executive

Brainless Dumbass

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 is power already !!!

Hmmmm u didnt eat rice or noodle right?!

b happy

Banned
Reaction score
The idea of LCHF came from this one simple truth. You need to eat fat in order to burn fat. Remember to drink more water! Kidney stones and acute gout is more painful than giving birth :D

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
i tried yesterday since im on leave.
last meal on wed was at 8pm, started my first meal yesterday at 7pm.
in between had plain black tea, water, and coffee with milk no sugar. (actually did i did it wrong with the coffee)
was out the whole day. super hungry by 5pm.

wah.. stop 8pm eat 7pm is too long for a start. (this is like a full day fast)

try a 16 hours fast / 8 hour feed fast. (Intermittent fasting) So is like stop eating 8pm.. eat around lunch time 12-1pm.

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow this is the brand the US keto experts researchers use.

can it use standard strips in SG?

keto strip and blood glucose strip same or not?

no, keto and blood glucose are different strips. i don't know what you mean by standard strips in SG.

the device comes with blood glucose strips so need to purchase ketone strips separately and they are not cheap - around USD30+ for 10. blood glucose strips are much cheaper though.

i bought once.. put in fridge.. then the noodles stick tgt even when cooked. and the texture.. chew forever won't break. wonder what have i done wrong.

that's strange, i never had problems with mine. maybe you try not putting them in the fridge? i stored mine in a cabinet and they are ok leh.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 is power already !!!

Hmmmm u didnt eat rice or noodle right?!

ha thanks. actually i hope to get another 1 or 2 inches more off.

i cant say i totally abstain from rice. intially yes. i totally stop eating rice and noodles. but nowadays sat is my cheat day.
i still avoid processed stuffs but i do take some rice. and i will jog to make myself feel better after that haha.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
no, keto and blood glucose are different strips. i don't know what you mean by standard strips in SG.

the device comes with blood glucose strips so need to purchase ketone strips separately and they are not cheap - around USD30+ for 10. blood glucose strips are much cheaper though.

that's strange, i never had problems with mine. maybe you try not putting them in the fridge? i stored mine in a cabinet and they are ok leh.

ya ketostix damn expensive.. sian.

ya i think next time i don't store my miracle noodles in fridge see how.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.