[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U all keep talking abt sio bak.

My sio bak lunch few days back. $5.
HBwYVUol.jpg

(My "auntie mindset" was playing the devil in my mind alr, "aiyo! Sio bak png only $3 leh". MUST. RESIST. THE. TEMPTATION.)

$5 abit for the above too exp haha. My workplace i order $4 plus 2 lor egg 5 nia plus portion quite more than that

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$5 abit for the above too exp haha. My workplace i order $4 plus 2 lor egg 5 nia plus portion quite more than that

This sio bak no joke. The skin crispy is second to none. Once i ate theirs i nvr fancy other stalls sio bak alr

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their meat are pretty cheap. Grass fed rib-eye only $3.20/100g, grass fed striploin only $2/100g. Some more they will cut it into desired thickness for you and vacuum seal it for you. They also sell bacons and large variety of cheese.

I won't be getting my steak fix from western stalls after buying from QBFood and cooking the steak myself. Cooking steak is after all pretty easy and not at all time consuming.

hmm can ask my parent go there see see. better than go market.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QB food.

If ask them cut steak, vacuum seal, can last how long in freezer?

Need to plan ahead cos its really no joke to drive there. Petrol not cheap. :(

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Sounds good.

Maybe will go on a long distance drive there soon.

Just nice for you and your wife. Coz the minimum number of cuts in one vacuum pack is 2. And you can freeze the package and store the beef for anywhere between 3months - 1year(according to online sources, but I doubt it will last even for a month:s13:)

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
QB food.

You can browse their website to see what other stuff they have in stock. Can stock up on their bacons and cheese.

For steaks, I usually ask them to cut out 200g per slice, which is quite close to the recommended 3/4" thickness that outside uses to cook. 2kg already = 5 packs of 2x200g

If you eat steak or intend to eat it on a regular basis, I would suggest you buy more:)

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
the best sio bak i had so far is at imperial treasures. :lick:

Quite expensive to eat sio bak from crystal jade or imperial treasures. I would buy in bulk from the roast wholesaler in ubi. Iirc $20=1kg. Min is $4=200g.

And their sio bak not bad. On the meaty side but you can chop off the meat and share it with your family members who dun eat the fatty parts:D

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QB food.

My steaks can last around 6 months in the freezer :s34:

The flavour becomes more intense IMHO

b happy

Banned
Reaction score
carey, what if there is a food product, blend into smoothie and in the form of packed drink. That is specifically for LCHF diet. Will you drink it?

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QB food.

I have 6 kgs in the freezer...LOL heck care just eat niah....trust me it's still fresher than eating outside........sometimes outside they store their meats for an even longer time :s22::s22::s22:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
carey, what if there is a food product, blend into smoothie and in the form of packed drink. That is specifically for LCHF diet. Will you drink it?

Nope, we were never meant to drink our food :s13:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Few posts back got someone mentioned Anchor butter being hotseller.

Went to cold storage. Indeed, there was a whole row of anchor butter i saw few days back, now totally wiped out.

Other brands like SCS, President still plenty.

Besides being made from grass-fed cows, what are the other pluspoints?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.