[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know it is not religious fasting, else cannot even drink water :s22: But never take in any oil to rev up the body's metabolism e.g. bulletproof coffee:s11:

Power la 500g sio bak. The jelatness will set in before my hunger is satiated :s13:

Why not?

I still take coconut oil during my fast

And I usually end my fast with a big buffet :eek:

No wonder still so buibui :sad: max

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for fasting right.. it happens on weekend for me. fri last meal 8pm. sleep till 11am on Saturday. first meal at 2pm. more than 12 hours of fasting haha. counted right?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for fasting right.. it happens on weekend for me. fri last meal 8pm. sleep till 11am on Saturday. first meal at 2pm. more than 12 hours of fasting haha. counted right?

Can - that's what I do most of the time

And if I am lazy, I will skip lunch and have dinner around 7 so that's nearly 24 hours :D

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello zedane buttie.....on fast days I eat nothing and only drink plain water :o

Not hungry at all, body fully adjusted to using fats as energy I guess.....:o

When i fast around the 40 hour mark sometimes due to work I will feel hungry and tummy will rumble, but it's not the kind of ravenous hunger I experience when I eat eat a whole pot of Ragu Bolognese with lots of cheese ahhahah :s13:

I don't take any supplements like vit D or Vit C powder or fishoil too, cause I read they are best taken with fatty meals for optimal absorption.

dont overeat after fasting wor.

New toy again :o

10300076_4267003088760_1953091299593911301_n.jpg

Showing a moderate ketone reading :D

:eek:

100 odd right? you bought the rudimentary one or the most ex one with the add ons and stuff?

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
why are you afraid of affecting metabolism if it is just a day or two of fast? you still buy into those arguments of eating 6 small meals a day to keep the body in "high" metabolic rate?

you should worry more about metabolic syndrome.

500g is normal reh. maybe i ish bui bui eat too much.

No la, I usually just eat 1 or 2 meals a day nia. But I read that bulletproof fast yields same benefit as a normal fast with some getting even more results so ask lo. My guess is that metabolism was boosted during the bulletproof fast and body becomes more ketone adapted.

Why not?

I still take coconut oil during my fast

And I usually end my fast with a big buffet :eek:

No wonder still so buibui :sad: max

I have come to the conclusion that all the same self-proclaimed buibuis here are fitzai yandaos :o

Hello zedane buttie.....on fast days I eat nothing and only drink plain water :o

Not hungry at all, body fully adjusted to using fats as energy I guess.....:o

When i fast around the 40 hour mark sometimes due to work I will feel hungry and tummy will rumble, but it's not the kind of ravenous hunger I experience when I eat eat a whole pot of Ragu Bolognese with lots of cheese ahhahah :s13:

I don't take any supplements like vit D or Vit C powder or fishoil too, cause I read they are best taken with fatty meals for optimal absorption.

I experienced the rumbling too, but it is usually triggered when I smell food. So at home really very hard to do more than 24hrs fast haha :s13:

I find the need for supplements to be taken with oily or fatty meal contradictory as usually. Those supplements are usually oil based. Unless of course a much higher intake of oil is needed for added absorption, in which case most people who follows the conventional wisdom diet will never achieve :s13:

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Just had an unsuccessful attempt in making bacon drippings infused mayonnaise.

And what do you know, the culprit is the bacon drippings:eek::(

I only discovered this on the third attempt(imagine not using a food processor for the process) :s8: Roughly one cup of EVOO from iherb was wasted :(

It is still possible to make it but you need to whip the mayonnaise using pure oil first(only discovered this after the 2nd attempt as I was using oil + bacon drippings mixture for the first 2 batch). On the 3rd attempt, after exceeding the amount of bacon drippings the mayo could hold, the mixture immediately fell apart. Apparently bacon drippings don't emulsify well.

Good luck to those trying to attempt this feat. I would recommend using bacons bits instead of the drippings(as suggested by others online):o

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
any thoughts for campbells soup???

i like borsch and wild mushroom, but izzit good???

maggoth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any thoughts for campbells soup???

i like borsch and wild mushroom, but izzit good???

Nutrition Label

INGREDIENTS: Cream of Mushroom Soup (Homogenized Milk, Water, Sliced Mushrooms, Roux with Oil (All Purpose Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Canola Oil), Water, Corn Starch (Derived from Waxy Maize), Roasted Mirapoix (Roasted Vegetables (Carrots, Onions, Celery, Garlic), Water, Dextrose, Salt, Onion Powder, Canola Oil, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Inosinate/Disodium Guanylate, Potassium Sorbate, Soy Lecithin, Caramel Color, Ascorbic Acid, Smoke Flavor.), Diced Onions, Canola Oil, Roasted Garlic Flavoring (Roasted Garlic, Water, Vegetables (Onions, Carrots, and Celery), Dextrose, Salt, Garlic Powder, Canola Oil, Onion Powder, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Flavoring, Corn Syrup, and Caramel Color. ), Vegetable Base (Sea Salt, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Parsnip, Carrots, Pumpkin), Dehydrated Parsley, Olive Oil, Spices (Pepper,Thyme, Coriander, Mace)), Kosher Salt (Salt, Yellow Prussiate of Soda.), Ground White Pepper)

damn satki, one soup got so many liao.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nutrition Label

INGREDIENTS: Cream of Mushroom Soup (Homogenized Milk, Water, Sliced Mushrooms, Roux with Oil (All Purpose Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Canola Oil), Water, Corn Starch (Derived from Waxy Maize), Roasted Mirapoix (Roasted Vegetables (Carrots, Onions, Celery, Garlic), Water, Dextrose, Salt, Onion Powder, Canola Oil, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Inosinate/Disodium Guanylate, Potassium Sorbate, Soy Lecithin, Caramel Color, Ascorbic Acid, Smoke Flavor.), Diced Onions, Canola Oil, Roasted Garlic Flavoring (Roasted Garlic, Water, Vegetables (Onions, Carrots, and Celery), Dextrose, Salt, Garlic Powder, Canola Oil, Onion Powder, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Flavoring, Corn Syrup, and Caramel Color. ), Vegetable Base (Sea Salt, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Parsnip, Carrots, Pumpkin), Dehydrated Parsley, Olive Oil, Spices (Pepper,Thyme, Coriander, Mace)), Kosher Salt (Salt, Yellow Prussiate of Soda.), Ground White Pepper)

damn satki, one soup got so many liao.

Yar lor - how is this even considered as "food"? :s13::s13::s13:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks GOOD!!! :lick:
SIC recipe...

hehe thanks. :D

I marinate mince pork with cheese, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, dill, basil and parsley.
then flatten and put inside the round pan and bake for around 10 mins
take out and drain off the water and grease
layer tomato on top of the pork base (i used kimchi. since got leftover haha.)
den layer cheese
den add chilli padi
den add mushrooms
den add another layer of cheese again. bake for 20 mins.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.