Fellow photographers (amateurs to expert) sic your instagram!

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since its covid ** period, I decided to setup a separate instagram account to separate and showcase my shots instead. Been shooting since 2009.

请多多指教! Critics welcome!

http://www.dennislee.co/ or https://www.instagram.com/dennislee.co

My current gears:
Fujifilm X-T2 (previously Fujifilm X-T10) , Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver (traded in for this using my Fujifilm X-T10, brand new set, pm me if keen)
Fujifilm 14mm f2.8
Fujifilm 18mm f2
Fujifilm 23mm f2 (Most favourite n used lens)
Fujifilm 35mm f1.4
SLR Magic 23mm f1.7 (underused since bought Fujifilm 23mm f2... anyone keen in this lens pm me)
7artisan 35mm f1.2
Kamlan 50mm f1.1
Contax G 90mm f2.8 (letting go this lens, anyone keen pm me)

Based on my gears I am a prime lens shooter... dislike zoom lens as it restricts my creativity and prevent me from going close to my subjects. Absolutely no issues with changing lens on the go while shooting.

AMA if you got any questions regarding photography. Will be glad to help if I know.

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually switched from 5DMKII to Olympus OMD EM-5 then to Fujifilm X series.

Reasons being:
1. Getting old... cannot use too heavy gears
2. The film simulation, these days i rarely shoot raw... mostly are sooc shots which requires minimal editing. Saves lots of time!

Hi Dennis!

Very nice photos!

May I know why you decided on Fujifilm and not other Brands?

Cheers

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice work !

I used to use 5d2 with multiple primes too. but old liao neck ache, just mirrorless with a light weight zoom lens.

32_H2O

Reaction score
You don't do birding and Macro?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These days, iPhone 11 Pro Max. I believe in The Best Camera Is The One That's With You

I appreciate good IQ, but I value Composition more.

YEw1ZDq.jpg

UmYtOQ9.jpg

Ws9bxkN.jpg

qibGT3g.jpg

e8V3BKv.jpg

non1xqL.jpg

W8PDSxA.jpg

WiPuORS.jpg

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice! I use my iphone 11 for food shots too lol dunno why i cannot shoot food using my mirrorless.

Anyway as much as i like iphones... i still prefer the old iphone 5 and iphone 6 colours. Find iphone 11 generation colors too rich for my liking.

And also... hp cameras still very limited to certain genres which requires long exposures.
These days, iPhone 11 Pro Max. I believe in The Best Camera Is The One That's With You

I appreciate good IQ, but I value Composition more.

YEw1ZDq.jpg

UmYtOQ9.jpg

Ws9bxkN.jpg

qibGT3g.jpg

e8V3BKv.jpg

non1xqL.jpg

W8PDSxA.jpg

WiPuORS.jpg

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice! I use my iphone 11 for food shots too lol dunno why i cannot shoot food using my mirrorless.

Anyway as much as i like iphones... i still prefer the old iphone 5 and iphone 6 colours. Find iphone 11 generation colors too rich for my liking.

And also... hp cameras still very limited to certain genres which requires long exposures.

No doubt smartphone cameras are not designed with long exposure in mind, and also it has plentiful of shortcomings compared to a DSLR + decent lens. Yet all these being said, I don’t walk around with a DSLR, and whenever I see a good scene, I make use of what is available to do what is capable. Limitations are real in the real world, so why be so uptight about it. Colours can always be post processed, and post process is just as important in the entire photography workflow. :)

If a 35mm nearly 100 years ago can make good photos that tells good story, so can a smartphone camera :)

Long exposure while not exactly real nor the same as what you find in DSLR, can be achieve with some good hacks https://blog.halide.cam/introducing-spectre-6f83b0981304

IMHO at the end of the day, it is nonetheless a story you want to tell, not how it is done. At least that works for me.

DSLR is no stranger to me, I have a Nikon DS3 with 2 gold ring lens and some other lens too, carbon fibre tripods, 2 strobes, reflectors and stuffs in the dry cabinet. But unless they are out with me, they wouldn’t be more useful than my iphone always in my pocket, wouldn’t it? :)

Only one think that a smartphone camera still cant quite cut it for me. Bokeh. The deep of field is just not thin enough for some creamy portraiture, but that being said, I am hopeful technologies will provide some good simulation in time to come. Still waiting for better quality deep sensors to arrive.

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha cos these days i lazy to do post process i shoot mostly sooc and fujifilm film suits me fine cos of their film simulation 😅

No doubt smartphone cameras are not designed with long exposure in mind, and also it has plentiful of shortcomings compared to a DSLR + decent lens. Yet all these being said, I don’t walk around with a DSLR, and whenever I see a good scene, I make use of what is available to do what is capable. Limitations are real in the real world, so why be so uptight about it. Colours can always be post processed, and post process is just as important in the entire photography workflow. :)

If a 35mm nearly 100 years ago can make good photos that tells good story, so can a smartphone camera :)

Long exposure while not exactly real nor the same as what you find in DSLR, can be achieve with some good hacks https://blog.halide.cam/introducing-spectre-6f83b0981304

IMHO at the end of the day, it is nonetheless a story you want to tell, not how it is done. At least that works for me.

DSLR is no stranger to me, I have a Nikon DS3 with 2 gold ring lens and some other lens too, carbon fibre tripods, 2 strobes, reflectors and stuffs in the dry cabinet. But unless they are out with me, they wouldn’t be more useful than my iphone always in my pocket, wouldn’t it? :)

Only one think that a smartphone camera still cant quite cut it for me. Bokeh. The deep of field is just not thin enough for some creamy portraiture, but that being said, I am hopeful technologies will provide some good simulation in time to come. Still waiting for better quality deep sensors to arrive.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
experimented abit with PC lenses and TSE lenses, fixing MF lenses via t/s adapters onto 35mm bodies

5017618098_b718ec5e4c_h_d.jpg

50004461237_89e402e705_b.jpg

5153742006_f4b55879c4_h_d.jpg

5096298761_4e0b7fccb8_b_d.jpg

5086925160_c2570f7835_b_d.jpg

50004200586_2edfdbbed2_h_d.jpg

nowadays relegated to taking pics of food and my kids

Last edited:

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No lah happens to be in my instagram feed... recently following alot of jap photographers cos planning a japan trip with wife.

We may plan to go either japan or new zealans after covid finally ends

U fly alot. Ur work requires you to travel ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.