Fiat Doblo Garmin GPS Mounted

Coolzs

Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone knows how to unmount the Garmin GPS that is mounted on a Fiat Doblo? I wish to put in SD card to create more space for downloading latest Map. I tired pulling it but to no avail.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone knows how to unmount the Garmin GPS that is mounted on a Fiat Doblo? I wish to put in SD card to create more space for downloading latest Map. I tired pulling it but to no avail.
Got pic?

Coolzs

Reaction score
Try checking the glvoe compartment (center) see if the card insertion is there? Doesn't look like the unit has an external interface on it's own, it must be somewhere. Attrage has a USB service cable in the passenger glove compartment.
There isn't a glove compartment in the centre. Card insertion seems only possible inserting direct to the Garmin itself. There is a USB slot but is mainly for the van itself, not linked to the Garmin. When you shake the Garmin (with its case on), it looks detachable but I am worried that I might destroy the whole set up.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There isn't a glove compartment in the centre. Card insertion seems only possible inserting direct to the Garmin itself. There is a USB slot but is mainly for the van itself, not linked to the Garmin. When you shake the Garmin (with its case on), it looks detachable but I am worried that I might destroy the whole set up.
Then I can't advise already as my old garmin unit is a standalone unit which means it's removable from the clip and can be updated via the SD card.

Maybe you might need to drive in to a workshop, they would know how to 'dismantle' it and you just watch and learn for future sake.

Coolzs

Reaction score
My Garmin memory left with 4.2gb space. Need 4.7gb space to download new map. And now garmin gps cannot unmount to put in new SD card. Not sure how to go about downloading and installing new map.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Garmin memory left with 4.2gb space. Need 4.7gb space to download new map. And now garmin gps cannot unmount to put in new SD card. Not sure how to go about downloading and installing new map.
I think if you load in new map it should overwrite the old, the space should suffice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.