Financially - How bad it is to justify increase of 2% GST but yet can declare 1.1x bonus

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cs are also just salaried worker leh
If your wife or friends work in hdb also need bonus ma
this guy doesn't understand one of the perks of working in CS is the stability of getting paid salary and bonus on the dot... LoL

sad guy.

LeSaux

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bonus all budgeted already lah it’s just adjust upwards or downwards depending on economic conditions

you think CS will cut the year end bonus you can wait long long

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cs are also just salaried worker leh
If your wife or friends work in hdb also need bonus ma

I think civil servants should be all volunteers from here. Then no more jlb le, since all free labour. Non civil servants citizens will benefit. Do your part, volunteer yourself for nation building.

Sarcastic remarks aside, I think if the govt sector don't pay more when more people leave service (Google about what cotton mentioned awhile back), how to retain staff? No one left for us all to kpkb lei.
Then ask them, whether they want fixed salary increase or bonus... lol...

I would be interested to know result if a polling on whether is GST increase is justifiable with a 1.1x bonus payout is ever created....

And they should have plans on what is the rate for performance bonus next march... and probably a budgeted number for next year...

Declare all figures (actual and budgeted) and do a poll then...

Eost002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AVC is the June and Dec bonus
NPVP is the 13th month

NPVP, being variable, can also be cut, but of course only at the very last resort, due to the signal it will send that Singapore economy is really in trouble.
Can cut, but got cut? I say he say they say, but in the end neh cut. :s13:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
dont anyhow link lah...
give u gst voucher soon.
offset the 1%

if you calculate, $100 can offset $10,000 spending.
U one month spend how much… you got calculate forever is how long before? Or did u forget gst rise is forever while those vouchers only last until…?

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this guy doesn't understand one of the perks of working in CS is the stability of getting paid salary and bonus on the dot... LoL

sad guy.
Salary yes. Bonus?? Do u even know how much "bonus" for past few years...

Bonus is never stable... unless u think 13th month = bonus and not salary.
13 month every year also have.
the best way to get back from govt is actually work in CS.

that's the only way u can get back the taxes u paid, people paid plus more. :D

Sent from gugu niao!
U will be a JLB or be a hard worker working under the JLB?

Of course got chance that u will be a hard worker working under another hard worker... but how long that will sustain for your superior whose next level is a JLB (management or top management are supposed to rotate every few years or so)... lol...

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
dont anyhow link lah...
give u gst voucher soon.
offset the 1%

if you calculate, $100 can offset $10,000 spending.
You think just because GST increase 1% means things are going to increase by 1%?

GST increase have a huge impact on supply chain

end up your coffee up $0.1 Meepok up $0.5

thats not just a 1% increase

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS triggered edmw civil servants liao.
If they are triggered, means they also understand to a certain degree that the money from bonus is needed and good to have due to rising cost of living...

If they are comfortable why would they be triggered? Past few years also not much bonus at all... still getting by and surviving too... Best no news on rising GST too...
You think just because GST increase 1% means things are going to increase by 1%?

GST increase have a huge impact on supply chain

end up your coffee up $0.1 Meepok up $0.5

thats not just a 1% increase
This year announce going rise GST, everything from big to small also increase in prices....

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm no civil servant but why you think it's bad to pay cs bonuses?

gst increase and cs bonus are totally different matters. siao leh.

the efficiency of the sg system is greatly appreciated and i'm thankful to the cs

tongbuaydiao

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm no civil servant but why you think it's bad to pay cs bonuses?

gst increase and cs bonus are totally different matters. siao leh.

the efficiency of the sg system is greatly appreciated and i'm thankful to the cs
Sadly not much sensible people like you who understands such things

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.