Finland Winter Holiday

Ekspakk

Reaction score
Wow I did not know the tours chase cross borders and can return to the country u started the tour. Nice
Should be possible if you are going far north of Finland which is already near Norway. One thing I noticed though, it seems like northern lights tour in Finland are more expensive compare to Iceland.

Raging_Cajun

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows the cost differnce between flight from rovaniemi to Helsinki versus over night train from rovaniemi to Helsinki during dec period?
Of cos the train saves 1 accommodation night but I am planning to travel 2 adult and 1 child. Child is below 10 can squeeze for free. But afraid of squeezy...may need to book extra compartment.
Train prices now too early to check....flights can sit Norwegian air cheaper than finnair right?

Ekspakk

Reaction score
Anybody knows the cost differnce between flight from rovaniemi to Helsinki versus over night train from rovaniemi to Helsinki during dec period?
Of cos the train saves 1 accommodation night but I am planning to travel 2 adult and 1 child. Child is below 10 can squeeze for free. But afraid of squeezy...may need to book extra compartment.
Train prices now too early to check....flights can sit Norwegian air cheaper than finnair right?
I read in TripAdvisor that prices shouldn't increase during holiday period, if it's true, then it should be around €108 for a 2 person compartment with en suite bathroom. Just need to book early since Dec is a peak season.

Norwegian air should be cheaper base price, but try to compare after you include the luggage.

Avizoa

Reaction score

how big is your child? I took a sleeper train from kemi till helsinki before i can answer some of your questions if you need help.

Raging_Cajun

Master Member
Reaction score
My child will be 7 years old by the time we travel. I seen online reviews some parents had managed to squeeze 1 adult and 1 child in 1 berth and though the berth looks smaller than a single size bed, they still say quite ok to squeeze.

Cos comparing paying air tix for 2 adult 1 child plus 1 night accommodation versus 1 compartment (2 berths) for sleeping train

Raging_Cajun

Master Member
Reaction score
Bumping up this thread. If anyone has recommended tour operators for northern lights in finland please share. Any1 has those that gurantee the lights ?

Ekspakk

Reaction score
Bumping up this thread. If anyone has recommended tour operators for northern lights in finland please share. Any1 has those that gurantee the lights ?
I don't think anyone can guarantee the lights, but in Iceland, some tour operators will let you join again for free if you didn't see the lights. I cannot find anyone offering this deal in Rovaniemi, let me know if you find one.

kakabowa

Reaction score
Hi , am planning to do a road trip in Finland early december..
Not sure if I can get used to the different driving side but I did have experience in driving in snow last year in hokkaido and in a snow storm..Are the daylight really short in inari / ivalo. My longest drive would be around 3 hours mainly from
inari to kirkenes (For King Crab) - 6 hours to and fro
inari to Rovaniemi
Rovaniemi to Kemi for the ice breaker cruise

Does it mean I have to drive in darkness most of time?
If not driving what other alternatives do I have.

Approx 8 days drive up north. Not driving in Helsinki

Also I can drive straight to kirkenes (Norway)? Any documentation or custom to pass through since it going to the border or its still within finland?

eagletay

Reaction score
Hi...
Plan to go over levi for 2-3 night igloo stay.
Because me, wife and two teenage kids only. So like to book a cabin with one extra bed (3 occupants).

Is the resort management stringent on number of occupants in the cabin? Will be there any issue as we are four people?

Can anyone suggest or advise?

Bad kids

Reaction score
Hi...
Plan to go over levi for 2-3 night igloo stay.
Because me, wife and two teenage kids only. So like to book a cabin with one extra bed (3 occupants).

Is the resort management stringent on number of occupants in the cabin? Will be there any issue as we are four people?

Can anyone suggest or advise?
I thought you can go for the larger glass igloo with a double and 2 twins beds. Also come with bath and toilet.

HelIoo

Reaction score
can i ask which plane flight to take safety from singapore to finland (helsinki) during this russia ukraine war?

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i ask which plane flight to take safety from singapore to finland (helsinki) during this russia ukraine war?
all flights are safe, do not worry.

airline took additional precaution and will not fly over ukr airspace.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Taken aback trying to understand your English, but this interesting question spurred me to check on the flightradar24 site. There is an airspace hole over Ukraine at ths moment. Moreover, my hunch is that the commercial flight path to Helsinki never overflew Ukraine in the first place.

Attachments

• 1652408251904.png
    1652408251904.png
    583.9 KB · Views: 1
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.