Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The good news is Starhub have streamline both Fibre TV and TV+ channels and promotion. Now we can recontract homehub+ with 2 TV passes and get the new TV+ channels and promotion at $79.90/mth but we can use back the Fibre TV set top box instead of using Android TV box. The new TV+ English entertainment came with Cinemaworld Channel so user get one more channel for English movies. In addition of Netflix and Disney+. Not too bad.

dwong78

Reaction score
Yup, I received a call from the CSO regarding this.

You can retain your fibre box, with 2 passes at $79.90, with Netflix 2 screens, and 1Gpbs internet. No rental fee required for the fibre box so it is quite a neat, all-in price.

However, there is no Disney+ provided, so there is the other ongoing HomeHub deal with the TV+ box at the same price $79.90 with Netflix 2 screens, 1Gbps internet AND Disney+.

The choice at $79.90 seems to be either take the TV+ box and get free Disney+, or retain the fibre box and forego the Disney+.

I wonder for the sake of streamlining their offerings why Starhub would not just offer the same package, and leave the choice of fibre or tv+ box up to the subscriber, it would make things much simpler.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, I received a call from the CSO regarding this.

You can retain your fibre box, with 2 passes at $79.90, with Netflix 2 screens, and 1Gpbs internet. No rental fee required for the fibre box so it is quite a neat, all-in price.

However, there is no Disney+ provided, so there is the other ongoing HomeHub deal with the TV+ box at the same price $79.90 with Netflix 2 screens, 1Gbps internet AND Disney+.

The choice at $79.90 seems to be either take the TV+ box and get free Disney+, or retain the fibre box and forego the Disney+.

I wonder for the sake of streamlining their offerings why Starhub would not just offer the same package, and leave the choice of fibre or tv+ box up to the subscriber, it would make things much simpler.
Earlier i called the CSO to check and i was told that the same promotion apply to both the android tv box and fibre TV box.

ysyj48

Reaction score
Just called the CSO and he told me what Dwong78 said . CSO said the fibre box doesnt support Disney+. So if u want disney+, hv to use the white tv+ box

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just called the CSO and he told me what Dwong78 said . CSO said the fibre box doesnt support Disney+. So if u want disney+, hv to use the white tv+ box
Like that not fair for the user as they are also paying the same amount of money.

lazy999

Reaction score
Hi All starhub TV users,
Can i check does starhub tv have 时尚玩家 this variety taiwan show? I subscrible to Mio Tv then realized they dont have it.

ysyj48

Reaction score
hmm i guess that's true but i rather hv the stability of the black fibre box lol. anyway i'm alr sharing disney+ account with my friends hahahaha

i was one of those ppl who had free internet for 2 yrs coz they forced me to take up fibre tv n gv me free internet 2 yrs ago. so i was offered tis my new contract:

1 gbps internet $39.90/mth. first 6 mths free
2 tv passes (ent and asian ) $29.90/mth
no netflix, no disney+. but using the same black fibre box. no need to pay for box rental also. is this a gd deal?

bump&bump

Reaction score
Hi All starhub TV users,
Can i check does starhub tv have 时尚玩家 this variety taiwan show? I subscrible to Mio Tv then realized they dont have it.

I think the name is 食尚玩家 ? Ch 828 TVBS Asia.

You can find many episodes on Youtube.

Hidit69

Reaction score
Is Starhub TV slow for anyone tonight? Haish... don't really like this white set top box

Chersiang96

Reaction score
hmm i guess that's true but i rather hv the stability of the black fibre box lol. anyway i'm alr sharing disney+ account with my friends hahahaha

i was one of those ppl who had free internet for 2 yrs coz they forced me to take up fibre tv n gv me free internet 2 yrs ago. so i was offered tis my new contract:

no netflix, no disney+. but using the same black fibre box. no need to pay for box rental also. is this a gd deal?
hi,i'm also in this same situation .The offer you get was it though calling cso or physical shop that you went?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Looks like a pretty decent deal.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It makes sense. The older Fibre TV box may have weaker HW spec to support streaming services like 4K Netflix and Disney+.

The direction to ditch the old Fibre TV box and go for a Android TV OS based 4K streaming box is correct. The problem is the execution. The Starhub TV+ Box looks like a badly executed development project.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It makes sense. The older Fibre TV box may have weaker HW spec to support streaming services like 4K Netflix and Disney+.

The direction to ditch the old Fibre TV box and go for a Android TV OS based 4K streaming box is correct. The problem is the execution. The Starhub TV+ Box looks like a badly executed development project.
Not right as Starhub can always allow user to link their Netflix account and Disney+ account with Starhub account. User can watch Netflix and Disney+ via their Smart TV app.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes correct. Its 食尚玩家. Btw just to check, if i use m1 for internet. Can i subscribe to starhub TV?

Yes you can, especially now they offer Starhub TV+ app on mobile and the Starhub TV+ box.

Problem is that Starhub TV+ box sucks (laggy and unstable, often need to restart) based on the reports here. And you will not be able to watch MediaCorp Free To Air channels if you are using M1 for Internet.

ysyj48

Reaction score
hi,i'm also in this same situation .The offer you get was it though calling cso or physical shop that you went?
i called the sales hotline n the guy offered me this. back in Mar/Apr when they offered me, they only offered me the white TV+ box. Luckily back then i did not commit and decided to wait. Now i can keep my black box and there's no box rental fee too

The CSO said its only recently that they let customers retain the black fibre box coz alot of their customers are elderly, its hard for them to learn hw to use the white box. lol and i secretly think its also becoz many ppl complain abt the white box

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.