Forza 5 PC

Haman

Reaction score
Here are my settings for my G29.

I also uploaded a tune for the starting Toyota GR Supra car for anyone interested to use to practice simulation driving without assists. RWD cars can improve driving more than AWD.

Usually most of the tunes cheat by convert RWD to AWD, has a lot of power and acceleration but no grip. Those are suitable for gamepad with assists.

Thanks for the tuning done on Supra. I downloaded it and used it and was able to complete Goliath on Average difficulty. I then upgraded to Above Average and was able to win a few other races. Before applying the tuning setup, I was having poor control of this car, swerving left right when approaching bends. Now, it is much better and lesser crashing. Do you plan to have further tuning setups for other cars? I'm playing this game with Xbox controller on both PC and Xbox. Was thinking of getting a Logitech G923 but the cost is high (around 500), plus a stand to fix the wheel..hmm..with the tune, gamepad is now better for me at least and much enjoyable.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got 5.3 GB update today now version 3.410.860.0

Vroom vroom vroom let's go

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had some time to play again last night. This is my first Dirt race after having done 2 Road races only...

I think 'sliding bumper cars' is an appropriate name for this mode..

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tuning done on Supra. I downloaded it and used it and was able to complete Goliath on Average difficulty. I then upgraded to Above Average and was able to win a few other races. Before applying the tuning setup, I was having poor control of this car, swerving left right when approaching bends. Now, it is much better and lesser crashing. Do you plan to have further tuning setups for other cars? I'm playing this game with Xbox controller on both PC and Xbox. Was thinking of getting a Logitech G923 but the cost is high (around 500), plus a stand to fix the wheel..hmm..with the tune, gamepad is now better for me at least and much enjoyable.
Glad it helped you. As for tunes, I don't have the time to play as often as I like and have only so far raced 2 cars...

My tunes are mainly for using wheel set to simulation mode with the necessary handling upgrades for more control. They rely heavily on driving skill, eg. on a gamepad my time on the dirt race above is 4:02 but on the wheel it's 3:53. They will not perform as well on gamepad since they cannot squeeze in more power. You can still feel the difference in control with my tunes, but they cannot compete on higher difficulty beyond Highly Skilled because the AI will be faster than my car can achieve.

For gamepad players, the best tunes will always be AWD swap with high power and acceleration since you don't need to build the control into the car on standard mode. The high power and acceleration makes races more forgiving to recover easier from mistakes.

A tip for gamepad, turn off stability control. Stability control practically stops you on turns slowing you down. Once you get better, turn off Traction control. Traction control reduces your effectiveness at sliding round corners which gamepad tunes are good for.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Forza5-Hotel Castillo+1962 FERRARI 250 GTO.jpg

This Hotel cost me 5Mil CR (all CR almost gone)and this 1962 FERRARI 250 GTO take 6 days to fully recovered from Barn find (finally complete Barn find mission) :LOL:

Last edited:

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very informative! Thanks!
Previously in FH4/FH3, the AI only got faster on higher difficulty but behaves the same, slowing down considerably during corners, making them relatively easy to beat.

Here on Expert and above, they become very consistent providing more challenging and realistic racing. Highly Skilled and below, they regulate going fast and slow (rubber banding) for more arcade racing.

The AI feels generally harder overall, but now caters to a wider spectrum of players which I feel is an improvement.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Forza5-Hall Of Fame.jpg

Wow possible for level 5 got so many accolades and rank 6 in Hall of Fame?

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hackers? Seems like there were plenty of online cheaters on game launch...
very likely i think so too many bugs exploit in the beginning before patches.

the server still got some issue it will disconnect me sometimes and I do not see many player online during my game sessions too.

Nicetaobao

Reaction score
Hi morning anytime on Forza 5 yet? How do u find the graphics and sound? I felt they r lacking compared to 4

Graphics somehow the textures loads slower, looks over vibrancy, something stutters, didn't feel as smooth and nice as 4

Audio, very airy and noisy, very tiring listening to the music, speech and car sounds. But car sounds are better though.

But steering using wheel is very much better!

Any Inputs?
FH5 uses a lot of VRAM for some reason. Turn textures up to High and MSAA to 4x and my 980ti was running out of VRAM sometimes, causing FPS to tank to 30 and textures not loading. Otherwise game is pretty well optimized

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition from wheel spin, and shared a tune for it.

This was actually a bad car since FE are maxed out with overkill upgrades that you can't change at max S1 900 PI. I looked through the list of recommended tunes at S1 and nobody managed to make it competitive, all unchanged upgrades because its already maxed and bad tunes.

Most upgrades cannot be removed, but this car had overkill handling and traction for S1, so I swapped out race tires for offroad, freed some PI for power upgrades and tuned it for road use.

Tested it on both wheel and gamepad, I actually tried unbeatable on gamepad, managed to match AI's best lap of 58s on the same circuit as the gamepad test on Pro in the video, but couldn't overtake.

This tune besides being competitive is great for a default freeroam car, fast with good handling, responsive turning, can go offroad for shortcuts and barn finds, can drift endlessly on offroad during skill songs.

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very likely i think so too many bugs exploit in the beginning before patches.

the server still got some issue it will disconnect me sometimes and I do not see many player online during my game sessions too.
I get the server disconnect all the time... like when I'm in the menu for too long eg. tuning car, think the game registers menu pause as idle...

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
I got a 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition from wheel spin, and shared a tune for it.

This was actually a bad car since FE are maxed out with overkill upgrades that you can't change at max S1 900 PI. I looked through the list of recommended tunes at S1 and nobody managed to make it competitive, all unchanged upgrades because its already maxed and bad tunes.

Most upgrades cannot be removed, but this car had overkill handling and traction for S1, so I swapped out race tires for offroad, freed some PI for power upgrades and tuned it for road use.

Tested it on both wheel and gamepad, I actually tried unbeatable on gamepad, managed to match AI's best lap of 58s on the same circuit as the gamepad test on Pro in the video, but couldn't overtake.

This tune besides being competitive is great for a default freeroam car, fast with good handling, responsive turning, can go offroad for shortcuts and barn finds, can drift endlessly on offroad during skill songs.

Wow u r quite pro leh

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
FH5 uses a lot of VRAM for some reason. Turn textures up to High and MSAA to 4x and my 980ti was running out of VRAM sometimes, causing FPS to tank to 30 and textures not loading. Otherwise game is pretty well optimized
Yeah maybe all those pretty textures. But I realize the red smoke always quite pixelated.

Last edited:

Haman

Reaction score

Sorry, I had to ask, but are those competitors in the race real online ppl or just AI? How do know who is real or AI? Thanks.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeah maybe all those pretty textures. But I realize the red smoke always quite pixelated.
I max out all setting my vram was 77% all time of 7.5/9.8GB (through the gamepad controller performance widget)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.