Fraudulent transaction paid to CHATGPT Subscription

worldvoucher

Reaction score
Saw a Tiktok post today that some people are getting fraudulent transactions on their DBS/UOB accounts being charged with a CHATGPT SUBSCRIPTION debit of about $26-$27, some even multiple times despite never having signed up or used CHATGPT before. It seemed pretty viral, so I went to check my DBS account and to my shock, I found a pending transaction to CHATGPT that deducted $26.61 from my debit account that I have NEVER used online for ANY transactions (only for savings). I have also NEVER downloaded any ChatGPT related apps or plugins, so I am extremely puzzled how my card information got leaked. I immediately blocked the affected card and called in DBS to report it.

I went to search a bit and it seems that it's a global issue - https://community.openai.com/t/my-card-was-used-for-chatgpt-subscription-payment-fraud/172663/22. It is likely that the charge is NOT from CHATGPT (but another fraud account masquerading as such), but it was weird why I didn't receive any 2FA message from the bank to authorize this transaction.

Anyway, just a PSA to check your bank account statements if you have any pending/settled suspicious transactions. Seems to be a recent thing that has been happening to users around the world for the past 2 weeks.

Update: Fraudulent transactions seems to be happening for Visa debit card holders. If you are holding one, please check your account closely for any suspicious transactions

Last edited:

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Saw a Tiktok post today that some people are getting fraudulent transactions on their DBS/UOB accounts being charged with a CHATGPT SUBSCRIPTION debit of about $26-$27, some even multiple times despite never having signed up or used CHATGPT before. It seemed pretty viral, so I went to check my DBS account and to my shock, I found a pending transaction to CHATGPT that deducted $26.61 from my debit account that I have NEVER used online for ANY transactions (only for savings). I have also NEVER downloaded any ChatGPT related apps or plugins, so I am extremely puzzled how my card information got leaked. I immediately blocked the affected card and called in DBS to report it.

I went to search a bit and it seems that it's a global issue - https://community.openai.com/t/my-card-was-used-for-chatgpt-subscription-payment-fraud/172663/22. It is likely that the charge is NOT from CHATGPT (but another fraud account masquerading as such), but it was weird why I didn't receive any 2FA message from the bank to authorize this transaction.

Anyway, just a PSA to check your bank account statements if you have any pending/settled suspicious transactions. Seems to be a recent thing that has been happening to users around the world for the past 2 weeks.
wtf... piyush pls fix

eggie011

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah like that also can. Just checked mine, I'm safe for now.

[88th]

Reaction score

I got that charge, had to call bank and cancel card

junjie433

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wah very easy to kena?

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lately Facebook has alot of fake ads from pretending to be from ChatGPT and Google Bard. I clicked on one of them, then they ask for personal info, I knew something not right,

mechagnome

Master Member
Reaction score
Lately Facebook has alot of fake ads from pretending to be from ChatGPT and Google Bard. I clicked on one of them, then they ask for personal info, I knew something not right,

too many malicious ads
and many are riding on FB
alot of ppl think from FB means FB got check and is safe

worldvoucher

Reaction score

I'm glad that I managed to stop a fraudulent transaction from happening! It seems more widespread than I originally thought.

This is incredibly weird because I have never keyed in the details for this card in any of my transactions, so it cannot be a case of a phishing site or malware.

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Only POSB and DBS cards affected?

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what era liao, still use debit card

$ gone means gone lei

i cancel or set limit to $0 for all debit card transaction

worldvoucher

Reaction score
Yes, can confirm that it is a global issue - can read more at here where people are getting charged multiple times by this ChatGPT subscription despite never signing up or using any of their services. I believe that there is some very sophisticated attack going on here, so please check your bank accounts in the coming days!

For the record, it is very unlikely to be a case of falling for a phishing site because the outreach of this attack is on a global scale

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.