Free Bloobox home recycling boxes for every Singapore household from Mar 19

waiken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, encourage recycling by producing millions of blue plastic boxes which only 1/3 will be redeemed.

Pure geniuses.

Must be related to those genius drink sellers that don’t give straw cos “go green”, but the cup, lid, carrier, all plastic.
Then they force u to zhut the drink from the retarded lid with a straw hole.

:s13::s13::s13:
plastic will disintegrate like their letter/pamphlet box too? :s13:

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
p1044020.jpg

SINGAPORE: Free home recycling boxes can be collected by every household in Singapore from 9am on Sunday (Mar 19), the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday.

Known as Blooboxes, the foldable, washable and reusable boxes can be collected from vending machines at 140 locations, including community clubs and some bus interchanges, until Apr 30.

The Bloobox initiative was announced in November last year with the aim of encouraging every household in Singapore to set up a home recycling corner, NEA said.

The boxes were initially available to residents in the constituencies of Fengshan, Sembawang West, Tampines North, Yio Chu Kang and Yuhua during the initiative's pilot phase.

It was designed in collaboration with a team of students from the Singapore Institute of Technology and can hold up to 5kg of paper, plastic, metal or glass recyclables, as well as e-waste.

When a Bloobox is full, the recyclables inside it can either be placed in a blue recycling bin or a recycling chute. E-waste items should be placed in e-waste bins.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...cling-box-collection-vending-machines-3354051

**... NEA better not be paying more than $5 (which is super duper high imho) for this ****.box.
Just get a plastic rubbish bin ... from taobao ... and put label there can liao loh.
$1 max per bin MAX!..

SmarterThanU

Reaction score
"FREE"..?

Garment thinking they shld charge sinkies for this waste-of-taxpayer-money garbage, but decided against because will backfire?

This garbage a papig minister hand-delivered to my doorstep free, I also won't take. They f@rking need to wake up their idea.

Full_Cream_Milk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They can’t call it Blue Box?

Need to give it a fancy name like Bloo Box???

For what?

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Encourage recycling by producing thousands of such boxes. Simi lower carbon footprint?
Folks that’s into recycling will have their own way of collecting the items.
Those not into recycling, put recycling bins outside their houses also will not recycle. Let alone go redeem this blue box… 🙄

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Encourage recycling by producing thousands of such boxes. Simi lower carbon footprint?
Folks that’s into recycling will have their own way of collecting the items.
Those not into recycling, put recycling bins outside their houses also will not recycle. Let alone go redeem this blue box… 🙄
I have been doing my own recycling for many yrs.
Who need the bloobox?
Three bins in home.
One for recycling.
One for non recycleable.
One for kitchen food waste.

CheeKeong108

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The recycle bins around my neighbourhood are amassing rubbish around them..it’s so unsightly 👎🏼

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been doing my own recycling for many yrs.
Who need the bloobox?
Three bins in home.
One for recycling.
One for non recycleable.
One for kitchen food waste.
Precisely. Same here

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, encourage recycling by producing millions of blue plastic boxes which only 1/3 will be redeemed.

Pure geniuses.

Must be related to those genius drink sellers that don’t give straw cos “go green”, but the cup, lid, carrier, all plastic.
Then they force u to zhut the drink from the retarded lid with a straw hole.

:s13::s13::s13:
You don’t redeem? Can give yours to me?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read until as blood box 🥴
will people go around unit by unit to dig the bin not
I read loo box :crazy:

Not from disgraceful meh
Or from jt small space

If I separate d recyclables alr with this box. Then is it I still HV to go n throw at d big recycle dustbin?

Then Wats d point?
How to separate in such a small space? I stopped separating ever since I saw how they empty those bins > same way as dump trucks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.