Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Frencken Group Limited
2.49 SGD

Another ATH... huat arh.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Brokers' take: Analysts mixed on Frencken as Q3 earnings miss consensus forecast​

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...encken-as-q3-earnings-miss-consensus-forecast
ANALYSTS are mixed on mainboard-listed Frencken Group after the integrated technology solutions company posted a lower than expected revenue and net profit in its third-quarter business update on Nov 11.

CGS-CIMB on Friday (Nov 12) downgraded Frencken to "hold" from "add", pending further updates from Frencken's management on the company's FY2022-23 outlook.

The research team has also lowered its target price to S$2.44 from S$2.49, representing a 2.5 per cent upside from the counter's trading price of S$2.38 as at 3.03 pm on Monday (Nov 15). Frencken's shares were down 2.5 per cent or S$0.06 at the time.

RHB, meanwhile, has maintained "buy" on the counter with a higher target price of S$2.64 from S$2.55, representing an upside of 10.9 per cent. It justifies its "buy" call based on a price-to-earnings ratio of 16 times, from 15 times previously, according to a report on Monday (Nov 15).

The RHB research team continues to view Frencken as a good proxy for the semiconductor industry and believes fiscal 2021 to be a strong year for the group as both its semiconductor and medical divisions should boost profits.

"We believe there is also further room for Frencken's share price to grow, as its peers are trading at higher valuations," RHB said. It added that it is also positive over Frencken's long-term prospects and its management team.

As a whole, the group's results were slightly below expectations for both research teams. Third-quarter revenue was at 25 per cent of CGS-CIMB's forecast and 26 per cent of Bloomberg's consensus full-year forecast.

Meanwhile, the group's Q3 net profit of S$14.8 million was slightly below at 23 per cent of CGS-CIMB or consensus FY2021 forecasts versus a 3-year average of 26 per cent.

Both CGS-CIMB and RHB have also downgraded their Frencken earnings forecasts. RHB has downgraded its earnings forecast for FY2021 and FY2022 by 6 per cent and 2 per cent respectively.

Meanwhile, CGS-CIMB has cut its projections for FY2021 revenue and net profit by 2.9 per cent and 6.1 per cent respectively. It expects Frencken's net profit for the fourth quarter of 2021 to decline 4 per cent quarter on quarter.

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today do stock take of my penny stock in CDP. Bought Frencken many many years ago at 28 cents. Now it is at $1.75+. This is the rare multi-bagger among my many penny stock. Before anyone cheer me please note the number of other penny stock bleeding monies cannot be recouped even if I sell this stock.

Lesson learnt. Individual stock trading comes with super good profits but also comes with super big losses too.

IIRedsunsII

Master Member
Reaction score
singapore market really cmi. UMS AEM Frencken post good earnings also keep falling. Hopless

IIRedsunsII

Master Member
Reaction score
Bec US n EU also red 😄

when US company post good earning results, the price usually still go up and stay green for the day even though market is red.

but singapore stock is no news red, bad news red, good news also red. Like everyday suffer from PMS. Really hopeless.

angcheek

Reaction score
when US company post good earning results, the price usually still go up and stay green for the day even though market is red.

but singapore stock is no news red, bad news red, good news also red. Like everyday suffer from PMS. Really hopeless.
Ya .. have to agree with you on this. My counter in SG all red . US I still have more green than red. 😅

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Global tech sell down, money shift to other sector. So what news also won't effect current market sentiment.
2022 is different from 2020 and 2021.
If you still interested in Tech, buy during sell down. Pls DYODD

IIRedsunsII

Master Member
Reaction score
I only buy local stocks to utilize my available CPFIS. But singapore market really facepalm.

angcheek

Reaction score
I only buy local stocks to utilize my available CPFIS. But singapore market really facepalm.
Sg stock can only wait for dividends... stock price no worry red , i assume you still cant take out cpf and got the luxury of time to wait . 😉

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.