[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

r0t1prata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'd definitely create an asura (stuck between guardian/ranger/thief) first to try out the tutorial, unless if youtube have that vid.

main char most prob will be human, i'd want to create a zooey deschanel look-alike :s13: or i'll stick with the asura.

chronorec

Master Member
Reaction score
For those not up to date with all the footage, some of the highlights are here. I especially love yogscast for their interesting commentary.:s12::s12:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
i'd definitely create an asura (stuck between guardian/ranger/thief) first to try out the tutorial, unless if youtube have that vid.

main char most prob will be human, i'd want to create a zooey deschanel look-alike :s13: or i'll stick with the asura.

i can help :)

i recommend you these 2 playlist from youtube, got almost all the info u needed

Yogscast

Gamestar

fumikasu

Reaction score
Mesmer is one of the hardest class in gw1, but is also one of the strongest. Too bad no ritualist lol, that 1 can clear dungeon fast

Yea Mesmer was really hard to master in GW 1 since lots of their skills involves precise timing. And I really do hope Ritualists comes back, I played my Rit the most out of all other characters.

chronorec

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea Mesmer was really hard to master in GW 1 since lots of their skills involves precise timing. And I really do hope Ritualists comes back, I played my Rit the most out of all other characters.

Yea in GW1 Mesmers weren't really useful in PvE, but great in PvP. However in GW2 their roles has changed, the same with rangers. Most of the interrupts, if not all, are gone. The interrupts in GW2 should be limited to daze, knockdowns and knockbacks if I'm not wrong.

So now the playing style of mesmer is quite different, mostly with illusions and clones instead of interrupting and spamming hexes. Loved the backfire skill in GW1 but it's now gone.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score

i always put 2 rit in my party one :s13:

and without the heroes function now, no more teams like necro discord way liao. gw2 is totally different from gw1 anyway :s22:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea in GW1 Mesmers weren't really useful in PvE, but great in PvP. However in GW2 their roles has changed, the same with rangers. Most of the interrupts, if not all, are gone. The interrupts in GW2 should be limited to daze, knockdowns and knockbacks if I'm not wrong.

So now the playing style of mesmer is quite different, mostly with illusions and clones instead of interrupting and spamming hexes. Loved the backfire skill in GW1 but it's now gone.

mesmers skills that slow people movement is really f up, really hate when i got it :s7:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
But when you are a Mesmer screwing everyone up, don't you just feel sooo shiok~ :s13:

I only use the mesmer in my hero(gwen) for some crowd control, never really use mesmer in pvp before. My main is a dervish though :s22:

macbook92

Reaction score
When can i download !!! can't wait to play =/ bought the deluxe version ! hope to see singapore players in game :)

r0t1prata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i can help :)

i recommend you these 2 playlist from youtube, got almost all the info u needed

Yogscast

Gamestar

i already watched those :s13: it's those videos which made me undecided. before watching those i was adamant on choosing asura ranger. now?? nah...:s13:

anyway i subscribe to this guy WoodenPotatoes too for gw videos who talks about gw lore if u guys are interested or have too much time on your hands..

P.S. the footage he uses has nothing to do with what he talks about

4urorax

Reaction score
For people who are wondering if purchasing the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition from GameStop is a "pre-purchase" or "pre-order" - I just received my "pre-purchase" confirmation along with the "pre-purchase" code. So it is a pre-purchase!

More than 1 piece of Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition can be placed in a single order at GameStop to share the shipping fees, but do take note of your country's custom tax. Example: For Singapore, there is tax if the amount exceeds SGD $400.

Also, for those who pre-purchased and wish to play together at the next beta weekend, if you are interested, I am consolidating a list: Click here to join us

For those looking for a Guild Wars 2 Guild, check out: Guild Wars 2 | Einsof Gaming

See you in Guild Wars 2!

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
who want to purchase together ?? only gamestop is selling pre purchase/ pre order of guild wars 2 CE ?

that time i try pre order Diablo 3 CE, they need me to fax credit card details, end up i pre order from Amazon.

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, for those who pre-purchased and wish to play together at the next beta weekend, if you are interested, I am consolidating a list: Click here to join us

For those looking for a Guild Wars 2 Guild, check out: Guild Wars 2 | Einsof Gaming

See you in Guild Wars 2!

I don't think they will 1 shot invite all of us, most likely split into a few groups for different beta ba....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.