[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

stranded88

Reaction score
oh ya. obe thing to note is that your cpu is 2 gen ahead of my old 870.

you max out all the effect?

lol 2 gen or not no diff one ur speed is high enuff then it boils down to the gpu already. unless of cos either ur cpu or gpu got prob lo if no 7970 cannot be 20-40fps only. I dunno got max out or not leh lol i just pull the bar to the highest quality one and i presume it max out the setting for me. Actually i just set highest and run around town for a while to see fps only. i see it stays around 30 +/- then i switch back to medium liao lol...

how to go wvw i forgot sia!!! i rmb my friend ask me press one letter in the keyboard one haha... someone plz refresh my memory =X

w3ish3ng

Banned
Reaction score
lol 2 gen or not no diff one ur speed is high enuff then it boils down to the gpu already. unless of cos either ur cpu or gpu got prob lo if no 7970 cannot be 20-40fps only. I dunno got max out or not leh lol i just pull the bar to the highest quality one and i presume it max out the setting for me. Actually i just set highest and run around town for a while to see fps only. i see it stays around 30 +/- then i switch back to medium liao lol...

how to go wvw i forgot sia!!! i rmb my friend ask me press one letter in the keyboard one haha... someone plz refresh my memory =X

actually cpu does make a diff on gaming esp in this case whereby its cpu intensive.

my old combo was able to stay at 40-60dps with full eye candy on aion. 40+ when i turn around, else rest of time its 60+

stranded88

Reaction score
actually cpu does make a diff on gaming esp in this case whereby its cpu intensive.

my old combo was able to stay at 40-60dps with full eye candy on aion. 40+ when i turn around, else rest of time its 60+

lol most impt is must try wvw. can survive that u can survive anything in gw2 liao. good luck in ur test 12 hours later! go wvw see pew pew boom boom

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol most impt is must try wvw. can survive that u can survive anything in gw2 liao. good luck in ur test 12 hours later! go wvw see pew pew boom boom

ya if the person can afford it to getbthe best pc parts why not but i5 and a good gfx will do quite fine. hahaha

w3ish3ng

Banned
Reaction score
ya if the person can afford it to getbthe best pc parts why not but i5 and a good gfx will do quite fine. hahaha

to be frank. if really purely for gaming, save the money hoot i5 and whack a imba gfx is the way to go. most game usually wont utilize more then 4 threads

RIp~Shan

Reaction score
Don't judge base on betas and stress test, not many games are cpu dependent and those games that are they require good graphic cards aswell..
Damn hope this does not give a reason to get an I7 rather then a I5.

w3ish3ng

Banned
Reaction score
Don't judge base on betas and stress test, not many games are cpu dependent and those games that are they require good graphic cards aswell..
Damn hope this does not give a reason to get an I7 rather then a I5.

well, not many games are cpu dependent, that i agree. but the creator of gw2 had said that this game will be cpu intensive, as such, if my current 3930k still does not meet the mark, then there you have it, the game is not optimised yet. but if my new combo is able to get fps of 40+ - 60 stable, then i guess, its really true that this game will be hard on those older cpu.

as to which is true, i guess we just have to wait for the stress test.

p.s GW2 doesnt support xfire and sli yet right?

kill99

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm i am able to play well with the com spec above but not able to set as high setting

took part in wvw in main town and lion.

You shld try the end of stress test event which will have even more ppl taking part in it

w3ish3ng

Banned
Reaction score
hmm i am able to play well with the com spec above but not able to set as high setting

took part in wvw in main town and lion.

You shld try the end of stress test event which will have even more ppl taking part in it

cannot la bro, tml still got school. im thinking of the early part, can try try abit and let you all know the result. not really interested in playing this stress test as my bro is oversea, thus no one to play with

heatzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha i can play as I'm off for today and tomorrow, guess will be testing build, previous bugs and time to start learning a little bit of WvW.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.