Genting FAQ - Part 3

Smarty2

Reaction score
How do you spend $500 on food in an Genting outlet, just to get a 2% discount for your Skyway ride.

Not sure abt yr calculation on % but i think he based on 1GP awarded for every RM100 spent...a 1 way Skyway costs 5GP...

hellohullohi

Reaction score
#1 I have not stay at Resort Hotel for many years but I suppose the self check in machine should be the same as FWH. Technically you can book using his name and bring his passport along (if he trust u that much!) to book in at the machine. We all know its wrong and risk getting caught out. I would say its probably easier to do at FWH becos there are many machines and there are not many staffs around. Not sure about the check-in situation at Resort but I rem significantly fewer machines.

#2 Yes of cos. New cards will not have any GP.

#3 Yes there are some. I know there's a discount booklet and some surprise.

Check the following links for details:
https://www.rwgenting.com/GentingRewards/Promotion/Vouchers_Booklet/
https://www.rwgenting.com/GentingRewards/Promotion/Swipe_a_surprise/

I think it's better to get your own card. Even if you dun travel to Genting regularly. Even if you spend $500 on food. That's enough to offset your Awanna Skyway ride. It's not much but better than nothing.

#4 Food wise I won't recommend becos everyone's taste is different but I would advise you to avoid the following: Morganfield's, Bar.B.Q Plaza, Sushi Zanmai.

thanks bro appreciate it alot!

Arina Hashimoto

Reaction score
Seems like no coach from SG goes directly to Theme Park Hotel.

May I know which hotels are near to Theme Park Hotel?

Within walking distance?

Walking from First World to Theme Park Hotel is about 900m

transtar stops at B5 resort
which is opposite theme park hotel

Arina Hashimoto

Reaction score
Hi guys, we have not went Genting for 10ish years. Last time we used to do it via tour package.

Can we please get some advice on the more recommended way nowadays from SG to Genting?

Something like that?
- Seperately book the room on genting app
- Seperately buy bus tickets from bus websites eg 707,WTS etc?
- or still better to find tour package?

Sincere thanks :)

book room by going to rwgenting.com

so you can self-check in using kiosk.
no need to queue up!

bus , i take transtar bus
book from easybook.com

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure abt yr calculation on % but i think he based on 1GP awarded for every RM100 spent...a 1 way Skyway costs 5GP...

5 GP ? By cash RM8. Oh so not 1 to 1.

Sorry. The price for both cash and GP for the SKyway trip has increased.

It's now RM9 or 8GP one way for the Skyway.

I think it has gone up since Feb-19. Just that I did not notice the increase then. But checking my GP point balance, I realised that back in Feb 2019, it was already 8GP one way.

Still slightly cheaper to pay using GP though. :D

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
book room by going to rwgenting.com

so you can self-check in using kiosk.
no need to queue up!

bus , i take transtar bus
book from easybook.com

I book via agoda cost me 50 dollars excluding 20RM tourist tax for 2 nights FWH standard room. :o

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s cheap. I had to pay $100 per night for FWH mid July.

You book from RWS directly or using Agoda? :o I am using Agoda and using mobile Agoda after comparing the price difference between Agoda desktop and Agoda mobile site. :o The latter is cheaper. :o My date is 24-26 July standard room. :o

OMeGa666

Master Member
Reaction score
Why is not recommended?:o it’s staff canteen?:o
Btw, how to get to the staff canteen now? Interested to take a look.

Does it mean RM15 + RM5 = RM20 if make special request at counter? Is it considered 1 (RM5), 2 (RM10), or 4 transactions (RM20) if I request for 2 items (eg. connecting room with mountain view) applied to 2 rooms?
Question bumped. Could anyone share the experience?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I think we booked deluxe room. I’m also using Agoda. And I’m there during weekends. Maybe that explains the price difference.

You book from RWS directly or using Agoda? :o I am using Agoda and using mobile Agoda after comparing the price difference between Agoda desktop and Agoda mobile site. :o The latter is cheaper. :o My date is 24-26 July standard room. :o

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Genting is cold lah. No AC also will be cold when it’s 15-17 deg C.

Don’t keep asking this kind of questions until people say you are trolling leh. I’m trying to take you seriously :s13:

Standard room in FWH got aircon or hot or not? :o

Justin_T

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, how to get to the staff canteen now? Interested to take a look.

Go to Resort Hotel lobby, turn left and you will see a 'lift to carpark' lift lobby. Take the lift to B5 and turn right.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.