GENTING trip Q&A - welcome all Genting kakis - Part 1

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those going Genting via klia2.
You can buy the bus ticket at the airport
each person is 35myr , 2 hours journey ...
bus depart 930am 1130am , almost every 2hours once, etc

if buy online, can get up to 20% rebates ...

Hi Guys, paiseh huh suakoo here, need to go Genting for an event on 26th Nov.
I'm gonna take Msia Airlines to KLIA,
went redbus website to see, they have pick up points at KLIA as well right??

can share more details with me?

And i need to get back to KLIA early in the morning like 7am on Sunday. last time i booked cab directly with those taxi driver near the hotel, now any other suggestions and advice??

Thank you very much!! :)

drianist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, paiseh huh suakoo here, need to go Genting for an event on 26th Nov.
I'm gonna take Msia Airlines to KLIA,
went redbus website to see, they have pick up points at KLIA as well right??

can share more details with me?

And i need to get back to KLIA early in the morning like 7am on Sunday. last time i booked cab directly with those taxi driver near the hotel, now any other suggestions and advice??

Thank you very much!! :)

I used uber to return to KLIA from genting. 150rm +- depending on the time of the day. if morning maybe more ex. else you can consider using app like ryde. didnt try before in malaysia, but useful in INDIA.

gasband

Reaction score
Very long never go Genting...and in fact Malaysia never go long time... I want to get the data sim before I go into Malaysia...possible?

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just decided to go up this weekend but havent been in 2 years. Just want to check some stuff.

Is the silver member carpark still available?
Is there still NN chip package?

ronleech

Reaction score
Hi guys, just decided to go up this weekend but havent been in 2 years. Just want to check some stuff.

Is the silver member carpark still available?
Is there still NN chip package?

You mean at FWH? Yes, the carpark still around but good thing dun need to us card to enter. NN chip yes...300/500/1000...

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be going to Genting during the CNY period with my wife. I am anticipating huge crowds and a lot of Chinese tourists as well. :s22:

The bus fares are quite expensive but it is the best time to go overseas on that week. :s13:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also heard that there will be no tour bus going up to hotel anymore after CNY. Everyone needs to alight at the new shopping mall which is incorporated with the cable car system. You need to pay to be ferried up to the hotel in the cable car. :s22::s13:

This is another way to earn money!!

ronleech

Reaction score
I will be going to Genting during the CNY period with my wife. I am anticipating huge crowds and a lot of Chinese tourists as well. :s22:

The bus fares are quite expensive but it is the best time to go overseas on that week. :s13:

best of luck....my frd told me every year CNY, the jam will start even foot of the mountain.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best of luck....my frd told me every year CNY, the jam will start even foot of the mountain.

Argh...

That will be bad... LOL... Let's hope the shuttle bus service is still available.

I don't want to take the cable car. :D

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean at FWH? Yes, the carpark still around but good thing dun need to us card to enter. NN chip yes...300/500/1000...

the one i always go to is a small multi storey carpark with a security infront. nearer to resorts hotel, just below the cable car station

ronleech

Reaction score
the one i always go to is a small multi storey carpark with a security infront. nearer to resorts hotel, just below the cable car station

that one no need card..it was parking for resort stayer...but that carpark limited lots

vardy909

Reaction score
I also heard that there will be no tour bus going up to hotel anymore after CNY. Everyone needs to alight at the new shopping mall which is incorporated with the cable car system. You need to pay to be ferried up to the hotel in the cable car. :s22::s13:

This is another way to earn money!!

New cable car price is RM8 but you can use 5 GP to redeem the ticket.

vardy909

Reaction score
Argh...

That will be bad... LOL... Let's hope the shuttle bus service is still available.

I don't want to take the cable car. :D

Not sure there will be shuttle bus from cable car station to hill top.

Alternative you can call Uber or Grabcar, cheaper than taxi.

If travel more than 2, 3 person already RM24, 4 person is RM32, might will go for Uber/Grabcar/taxi, unless you want to enjoy the cable car experience.

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 years no go.. quite alot of change. esp with sky avenue. but now damn hard to earn points there. and not much to redeem also.

ever since theres no room promos like the 1 for 1 last time i never go liao

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New cable car price is RM8 but you can use 5 GP to redeem the ticket.

I am going on the 31st of January. So I do not need to take the cable car up to the hotel but I need to take one down to the bus terminal when I am going home.

So troublesome and waste of money. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.