Getgo car sharing accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitik.ar

Reaction score
1 month. But if third party involved might be longer. I cannot recommend how they work for 3rd party damage. For own veh damage, I would say Getgo wont charge too much, but still higher than if you repaired yourself. Just prepare full excess first then nothing to worry.

Also rmb to monitor when the car you damaged returned to the slot and record with them via Livechat to avoid being charged unreasonable downtime loss.
For my case only third party car damage, GetGo car, no damages.

Gazever

Reaction score
Thanks for your sharing! Was shocked when i see the broken light then immd tell them without consider:(

Should have extended a day to fix, i think sometimes possible, as previously when i extend for hours always available:ROFLMAO:

Anyways now too late le, should prepare full excess alrd..
Okay so my friend got into an accident with getgo… was driving a sienta and she hit onto something and the whole rear windscreen shattered. 4 years driving experience and understand that the excess is like 3210. Did u pay the 3210 dollars with the repair damage? And any idea of the cost ahha. Cos shes not really free with the COVID situation as a nurse to go down to make the report… but getgo informed. Any chance she can settle it without coming down?

Gazever

Reaction score
Okay so my friend got into an accident with getgo… was driving a sienta and she hit onto something and the whole rear windscreen shattered. 4 years driving experience and understand that the excess is like 3210. Did u pay the 3210 dollars with the repair damage? And any idea of the cost ahha. Cos shes not really free with the COVID situation as a nurse to go down to make the report… but getgo informed. Any chance she can settle it without coming down? For urs , might need to pay for S1 which is the Own damage and S2 for 3rd party damage

Gazever

Reaction score
Thanks for your sharing! Was shocked when i see the broken light then immd tell them without consider:(

Should have extended a day to fix, i think sometimes possible, as previously when i extend for hours always available:ROFLMAO:

Anyways now too late le, should prepare full excess alrd..
Hahaa but honestly at the point of panick… anyways not sure u would want to use again aftr the cost of accident

Gazever

Reaction score
Normal la, we too follow by the book. That time I scratch rental car, I also quietly go paint and return without telling the rental co. (it was a new car too).

You'll learn.
Yea lor … will remember by heart forever haha

zhonghuatu

Reaction score
Okay so my friend got into an accident with getgo… was driving a sienta and she hit onto something and the whole rear windscreen shattered. 4 years driving experience and understand that the excess is like 3210. Did u pay the 3210 dollars with the repair damage? And any idea of the cost ahha. Cos shes not really free with the COVID situation as a nurse to go down to make the report… but getgo informed. Any chance she can settle it without coming down? For urs , might need to pay for S1 which is the Own damage and S2 for 3rd party damage
Hope yr fri has settled it w/o forking out too much.

Just ask for the amount and pay with Paynow. No need come down.

Needmysleep

Reaction score

for common cars like this it might be cheaper to just change windscreen without reporting :unsure:

drnkyf

Reaction score
1 month. But if third party involved might be longer. I cannot recommend how they work for 3rd party damage. For own veh damage, I would say Getgo wont charge too much, but still higher than if you repaired yourself. Just prepare full excess first then nothing to worry.

Also rmb to monitor when the car you damaged returned to the slot and record with them via Livechat to avoid being charged unreasonable downtime loss.
could I check, upon damaging the vehicle did you have to report in person at the accident report center? I just backed into a mscp railing on getgos ssangyong vehicle. Contacted support and they informed me to visit their accident report center in person within 24 hours of the accident.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for common cars like this it might be cheaper to just change windscreen without reporting :unsure:
Question is you need drive the car to workshop. Unless you had block the next 12 hours, then maybe have time to go to workshop repair and kept silent. Keep fingers crossed and hoping they do not find out. If they did find out, they may charge you another sum based n the contract signed.

zhonghuatu

Reaction score
could I check, upon damaging the vehicle did you have to report in person at the accident report center? I just backed into a mscp railing on getgos ssangyong vehicle. Contacted support and they informed me to visit their accident report center in person within 24 hours of the accident.
For me not, they told me just to wait for their email. But since @Gazever above also mentioned to visit them physically, maybe now the process changed. Seems they are generally more strict on executing their rules nowadays.

qrcode

Reaction score

I thought accident report center is for "Accident". the one you mentioned also need to go Insurance? Someone can advice (e.g. scratch on the wall during turning in carpark)? Thx

@zhonghuatu How did you report last time? via the app "report incident" button and upload photo?

Last edited:

zhonghuatu

Reaction score
I thought accident report center is for "Accident". the one you mentioned also need to go Insurance? Someone can advice (e.g. scratch on the wall during turning in carpark)? Thx

@zhonghuatu How did you report last time? via the app "report incident" button and upload photo?
Hi, for single car damage, if repair amount below excess, then no need go insurance. But it is still an "accident", so just follow their instructions after reporting online to them.

For me I just report via Live Chat and send them the photos. Reporting either way I dont think is much different.

mewmart

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Getgo called me several days ago for paying repair cost, which is ~$510. They said will send me email for breakdown, so I still waiting, but i think the charge is determined alrd at around $510. For me is lucky enough to get this amount, will learn a lesson from this and go on:)

Sorry for reading this a bit late, but yes. When i rented from Smove and scratched the entire bonnet on the parking barrier (I was a bit sleepy and forgot to brake when entering the carpark, lucky the barrier wasn’t broken), it was about 600 dollars. They will find out from you the images of the damage incurred and then they will send the receipt for a breakdown.

Most car sharing companies so as long you report on time, they will not play stunt, and charge you exorbitant fees. At least for Smove and Shariot they don’t do such things. 510 for your kind of damage seems ok.

Practice more and you will be fine! Good luck!

gohryangoh

Reaction score
Hi, I have also got into an accident with a Getgo car, damaging the front bumper based on the photos I took. Is it possible for me to pm you on how you went through the whole process with the enforcement team? I’m still a student and am confused on what to do because I do not want to get sued

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have also got into an accident with a Getgo car, damaging the front bumper based on the photos I took. Is it possible for me to pm you on how you went through the whole process with the enforcement team? I’m still a student and am confused on what to do because I do not want to get sued
You won't get sued. You just need to be prepared to pay up to the excess as stated in the TnCs. Insurance coverage is there for a reason.

Your photos only show the front bumper damages. The assessors will come down and inspect all the way to the internals, including radiator, engine bay etc. I don't know why half the renters in the SG assumes that exterior damage only in an accident. There is nothing behind the bumper, doors, fenders??

natas

Reaction score

No confusion, it is all about $$$... dun worry too much. Discuss with your parents and prepare for the max amount. BTW as a student, why will u need a car? This is a good lesson for u... school dun teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.