Getgo car sharing accident

myviowner

Hi, I have also got into an accident with a Getgo car, damaging the front bumper based on the photos I took. Is it possible for me to pm you on how you went through the whole process with the enforcement team? I’m still a student and am confused on what to do because I do not want to get sued

You won't get sued. to begin with.

Dun be confused and stressed. Your case reminds me yrs back when the small little noise blue car rear ended me. This driver also a student .
He straight get out of the car and run towards me ask me on or not now how huh....

Follow the protocal, do what you need to do, pay what you had sign on for. Treat this as a lesson.

gohryangoh

You won't get sued. to begin with.

Dun be confused and stressed. Your case reminds me yrs back when the small little noise blue car rear ended me. This driver also a student .
He straight get out of the car and run towards me ask me on or not now how huh....

Follow the protocal, do what you need to do, pay what you had sign on for. Treat this as a lesson.
Thanks for the replies. I don’t want to and am not trying to avoid/escape payment because I know it’s my fault and I won’t deny it. However, I just want to pay a reasonable amount because the email they sent me asked me for the max excess for everything and when I asked them for a breakdown they did not answer to that.

They had only gave me 7 days to make the payment of more than 10k, and it’s hard for me to find such an amount now. They mentioned that was third party damages but the police on site said there was no such thing and none of the relevant authorities contacted me as well. They said if I don’t pay up they would likely take legal actions. Hence I am stressed out and worried.

I just hope that someone can help me.

EJB

Thanks for the replies. I don’t want to and am not trying to avoid/escape payment because I know it’s my fault and I won’t deny it. However, I just want to pay a reasonable amount because the email they sent me asked me for the max excess for everything and when I asked them for a breakdown they did not answer to that.

They had only gave me 7 days to make the payment of more than 10k, and it’s hard for me to find such an amount now. They mentioned that was third party damages but the police on site said there was no such thing and none of the relevant authorities contacted me as well. They said if I don’t pay up they would likely take legal actions. Hence I am stressed out and worried.

You signed on the line when you rented the car to agree to the payment of 10K excess. Why are you complaining now when they demand payment? Do you know what the police said on site might not be what the intended authorities actions? What if they don't take the excess from you first, then the authorities go after GetGo for 3rd party damages, how are they going to claw the excess from you?

Now already difficult to get the 10K what's less later they need you to pay additional? Since this is a monetary issue, there's nothing to worry if you just take out the 10K. If everybody like you, rent a car, agree to TnCs, then accident, want to avoid payment, then rental companies eat what?

Put yourself in their shoes. Everybody comes to you, ask you for breakdown of charges, explain everything clearly and black and white to them. They cause accident, you spend time clearing up their sh1t and chase for payment, you shiok boh?

Rent that time very shiok, accident liao cry. How to help you? Loan you $? Later you say $10K very hard to repay, then how?

qrcode

did you select that 5% extra CDW (collision damage waiver) when made the booking? It could save you some $$

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

gohryangoh

Hi, no I didn’t. as i mentioned, I am not trying to avoid payment just want to know the specifics consisting about what they changed etc. I only emailed them about the breakdown on the specific things they changed and what was the 3rd party damages. Will the relevant authorities contact me if there was indeed 3rd party damages or are GetGo just collecting the amount now in case there are? Worse come to worse I will find a way to pay it but hopefully they can do a monthly payment plan or something.

gohryangoh

I thought accident report center is for "Accident". the one you mentioned also need to go Insurance? Someone can advice (e.g. scratch on the wall during turning in carpark)? Thx

@zhonghuatu How did you report last time? via the app "report incident" button and upload photo?
Hi when u scratched the wall in the carpark did you have to pay for it?

reddevil0728

Hi, no I didn’t. as i mentioned, I am not trying to avoid payment just want to know the specifics consisting about what they changed etc. I only emailed them about the breakdown on the specific things they changed and what was the 3rd party damages. Will the relevant authorities contact me if there was indeed 3rd party damages or are GetGo just collecting the amount now in case there are? Worse come to worse I will find a way to pay it but hopefully they can do a monthly payment plan or something.
What you need to do now is to settle with the company. no need to justify anything here because nobody can do anything other than just telling you need to settle with the company

EJB

There, the problem is solved. You are able to find a way to pay it when it comes to 'worse to worse'. Issue resolved! Congrats!

Comage

did you select that 5% extra CDW (collision damage waiver) when made the booking? It could save you some $$

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
If he did, then he wouldn't be making a post here asking for help.

To all would-be kids wanting to rent a car - don't try to save a buck on the rental plan. Top up to the max $ plan when you sign up to rent the car.

That way you can even drive the whole car into the Kallang River and then just pay a few K max and walk off like a boss...

natas

Again to all who is thinking of renting cheap car.... read the insurance policy and especially EXCESS. When u forget to wear your red underwear and get into accident... This EXCESS will come n haunt u. :D

EJB

Again to all who is thinking of renting cheap car.... read the insurance policy and especially EXCESS. When u forget to wear your red underwear and get into accident... This EXCESS will come n haunt u. :D
Nobody read TnCs one la... the only TnCs and contract I read 100% are employment contracts.

myviowner

If remember correctly. The meaning of excess is pay that amount and they do the rest. Remaining $$ (Most cases won't) if you lucky, will refund to you or not i am not sure.

We had seen many such incidents and came here write about the high excess and cannot stomach it. Well you had signed happily on the papers. Pay it and or try to nego a way out. (Sorry to rub salt on the wounds)

Good luck!

My case, I think that punk also paid up the excess. LL

EJB

If remember correctly. The meaning of excess is pay that amount and they do the rest. Remaining $$ (Most cases won't) if you lucky, will refund to you or not i am not sure.

We had seen many such incidents and came here write about the high excess and cannot stomach it. Well you had signed happily on the papers. Pay it and or try to nego a way out. (Sorry to rub salt on the wounds)

Good luck!

My case, I think that punk also paid up the excess. LL
There's no way out once signed.

I remember black Mitsubishi that totalled outside J8 also, 10K excess. Came here to seek help.

fake_oranges

If he did, then he wouldn't be making a post here asking for help.

To all would-be kids wanting to rent a car - don't try to save a buck on the rental plan. Top up to the max $ plan when you sign up to rent the car.

That way you can even drive the whole car into the Kallang River and then just pay a few K max and walk off like a boss...

No need la!
Wont so suay kenna accident one!

myviowner

There's no way out once signed.

I remember black Mitsubishi that totalled outside J8 also, 10K excess. Came here to seek help.
Mine repair expenses alone 15k liao. Inflated for sure. For his case, 10k excess is inevitable.

cuteboy92

You signed on the line when you rented the car to agree to the payment of 10K excess. Why are you complaining now when they demand payment? Do you know what the police said on site might not be what the intended authorities actions? What if they don't take the excess from you first, then the authorities go after GetGo for 3rd party damages, how are they going to claw the excess from you?

Now already difficult to get the 10K what's less later they need you to pay additional? Since this is a monetary issue, there's nothing to worry if you just take out the 10K. If everybody like you, rent a car, agree to TnCs, then accident, want to avoid payment, then rental companies eat what?

Put yourself in their shoes. Everybody comes to you, ask you for breakdown of charges, explain everything clearly and black and white to them. They cause accident, you spend time clearing up their sh1t and chase for payment, you shiok boh?

Rent that time very shiok, accident liao cry. How to help you? Loan you $? Later you say $10K very hard to repay, then how?

Totally sound like the fat dude who is full of himself. Please, people are trying to get advice facing the demand to pay a substantial amount. If you have nothing constructive to say, I would suggest you to shut it.

EJB

Totally sound like the fat dude who is full of himself. Please, people are trying to get advice facing the demand to pay a substantial amount. If you have nothing constructive to say, I would suggest you to shut it.
Is your reply constructive by calling others names? If you have nothing MORE constructive to say, stop being a SJW and shut yourself. It's not like yours has any more value than +1.

Telling the person to man up and pay the excess is not constructive, then by your standards I'm pretty sure you have no constructive replies either.

myviowner

Perhaps you have more constructive comments... Lai Lai, prove it ...

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.