GlobalFoundries announces new manufacturing plant in S'pore, more than $4 billion will be invested

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Video lai liao.... Seems like Iswaran snake oil stronger then Ah-Chan tiger balm @MTI.... lol!
Either way win-win for all... cheers!

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They should invite tsmc to set up shop in Tampines

derisk politically from their anytime can eat few hundred ccp ballistic missiles situation
That would be a shield for ROC isn't it, since even their cross straits brethren wouldn't usually be crazy/desperate enough to turn off the world's main supply of chips since they need it themselves as well. As well, from the ROC's POV, it means they have a bargaining chip for foreign assistance, no?

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should invite tsmc to set up shop in Tampines

derisk politically from their anytime can eat few hundred ccp ballistic missiles situation

I think sure invited many times before, some more GIC/Temasek hold a significant amount of their shares...
Their ex-CEO cited lack of PhDs in reddot... the talent pool here is small compared to US and Japan...

It will take a 8.1 scale earthquake to shake them out....

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
link is rubbish lah...

the link just says GF joins IMEC for R&D. compound semicon is a totally different ball game from silicon-based semicon bro, don't know don't anyhow
The link is to show GFS is going into GaN power chips too. What talking u? :s13:

CI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already designated for firm projects.
Of course, our rulers can change ... anything if needed [like the way we elect our president].
Not life or death though.

Care to share what projects? I think the land has been empty for a long time. Previously noticed some major construction going on nearby. At first thought is a new major fab then turns out to be construction and recycling facilities. 😕

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Care to share what projects? I think the land has been empty for a long time. Previously noticed some major construction going on nearby. At first thought is a new major fab then turns out to be construction and recycling facilities. 😕
I think the construction work you saw at the Chartered Semicon corner of the Wafer Park is actually the new Global Foundries Plant Complexes.
That's all I can share.

CI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the construction work you saw at the Chartered Semicon corner of the Wafer Park is actually the new Global Foundries Plant Complexes.
That's all I can share.

Hmm... The construction not recent, been there for some years. It's quite some distance away tho. :unsure:
Maybe got chance I take a picture and put here.

iammole

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The link is to show GFS is going into GaN power chips too. What talking u? :s13:
Don't shift goalpost leh.

Collaboration for R&D and "going into" is different story ok. Btw that news is 2011, so your "going into" has any outcome, ans is an obvious no.

Ubi-Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno if Yahoo news talking nonsense , but it say new fab create up to 1,000 new jobs!

For how many Bn invest by EDB?

Wow!!

singkeeduakee

Banned
Reaction score
I think sure invited many times before, some more GIC/Temasek hold a significant amount of their shares...
Their ex-CEO cited lack of PhDs in reddot... the talent pool here is small compared to US and Japan...

It will take a 8.1 scale earthquake to shake them out....

Nooooo...TSMC don't trust ceca talents, thats the real reason

MyWill

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Laugh die me. Last time govt gave up on manufacturing and semi conductor industries. Sell stakes in several coys. Now u-turn to invite them back? Can tell govt policies really rubbish.

This guy is spot on.

iammole

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the air near GF Fab 7 smell toxic every morning. did they secretly turn off scubber at night?

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In woodlands ah
I think I see their factory in Tampines area before..... not sure producing what though...

Haiz.. now world wide shortage of graphic cards really jialat.. really bad time if you want to upgrade to AMD and cannot get graphic card.. all the ******* scalper and crypto miner especially the Etherium...

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Laugh die me. Last time govt gave up on manufacturing and semi conductor industries. Sell stakes in several coys. Now u-turn to invite them back? Can tell govt policies really rubbish.

This guy is spot on.

Now new Electric Vehicle the parts requirement a lot different from normal car... I guessing less complex.. but uses a lot more computer chip... since all the sensor basically need it.. and the control system also...

haichijia

Reaction score
Not to dash everyone hope but then this kind of news came at such timing is normally govt ploy to reassert and justify their actions with border opening up for ceca and more ft. Ignore the news about what 1000 jobs. lol only fews went to Singaporeans. Majority will be for china india and malaysian. Micron woodlands every morning few buses of china malaysian fetching. So yea

BenQ_Luver89

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.