Going Japan this Oct-Dec?

KyushuWoozy

Reaction score
Thailand was doing quite well until they opened their door slightly.

Yes, that's the problem, it's a difficult balancing act. You can't keep the borders closed for ever but opening them brings the danger of imported infection. Hopefully as the testing technology improves and the vaccine rollout continues worldwide things will start to open up.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the problem, it's a difficult balancing act. You can't keep the borders closed for ever but opening them brings the danger of imported infection. Hopefully as the testing technology improves and the vaccine rollout continues worldwide things will start to open up.
Any local reports on where most covid cases originate from? By now there are some places that can be classified as hotpots like gyms, small izakayas, karaoke bars, etc?

KyushuWoozy

Reaction score
My father-in-law (who watches the news here endlessly) claims you'll be fine as long as you stay away from hospitals, care homes and don't drink or dine out with people outside your household ... and wear a mask and sanitize hands which EVERYONE in Japan seems to do anyway

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My father-in-law (who watches the news here endlessly) claims you'll be fine as long as you stay away from hospitals, care homes and don't drink or dine out with people outside your household ... and wear a mask and sanitize hands which EVERYONE in Japan seems to do anyway
Which to be fair is working i guess.. Japan more population than france and UKcombined yet has many times less cases than those two.

luishoon

Reaction score
Any local reports on where most covid cases originate from? By now there are some places that can be classified as hotpots like gyms, small izakayas, karaoke bars, etc?
its actally quite hard to track. like yesterday in Kyoto where I am living, 50percent of the 140 cases are untrackable...and osaka is having 1.2k plus everyday so..

plus its the golden week this week. from the news, it seems that the reservation tickets for shinkansen has not dropped at all

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, wise words. I have been watching those walk-around videos and the situation is still very relaxed. Ueno appears like its not affected by the pandemic. Small restaurants and cafes are all full with no social distancing.

its actally quite hard to track. like yesterday in Kyoto where I am living, 50percent of the 140 cases are untrackable...and osaka is having 1.2k plus everyday so..

plus its the golden week this week. from the news, it seems that the reservation tickets for shinkansen has not dropped at all
Golden week might trigger a spike if they carry around viruses to their hometowns.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vaccine rollout also slow, family calling to schedule but line always busy. One relative got through and her first shot is scheduled in mid sept

luishoon

Reaction score
Yes, wise words. I have been watching those walk-around videos and the situation is still very relaxed. Ueno appears like its not affected by the pandemic. Small restaurants and cafes are all full with no social distancing.

Golden week might trigger a spike if they carry around viruses to their hometowns.
yeah. spiked like no tomorrow.
Its 7k plus new cases here today....

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
omg! India-Japan travel bubble still not halted? what are they thinking? o_O

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah. spiked like no tomorrow.
Its 7k plus new cases here today....
Next day it went down, what’s the hospitalization rate or death rate? Young ppl felt this doesn’t concern them even they caught it. Going to work train is still pack with ppl.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only citizens and ppl with certain VISA get to travel in and out.
given the current india covid situation, shouldn't they at least temporary stop this passage to migitate risks?
human rights country they wouldn’t stop jap citizens from India coming in.
is australia human rights country too? they stopping Australian from coming back from india lolz
Look at the recent golden week holiday. Many ppl traveling, is spread due to Indian variation or some other issue?
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/05/e77a6faf4623-coronavirus-outbreak-latest-may-9-2021.html
imho all variants spread & multiply quickly if infected people aren't quickly detected & isolated. i think current Japan contact tracing isn't efficient or even working?

slow vaccine rollout also add on to their woes. i read they haven't completed vaccination of all their medical workers?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
given the current india covid situation, shouldn't they at least temporary stop this passage to migitate risks?

good question for the Jap gov.

is australia human rights country too? they stopping Australian from coming back from india lolz
That's is heavily debated item on human rights. diff country can practice varying degree of human rights.

At min they doing this now
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...-of-foreigners-from-india-pakistan-nepal.html
imho all variants spread & multiply quickly if infected people aren't quickly detected & isolated. i think current Japan contact tracing isn't efficient or even working?

slow vaccine rollout also add on to their woes. i read they haven't completed vaccination of all their medical workers?

its a known fact their contact tracing isnt working. citizen also qns their own gov and foreigners also qns them. U have seen it in the political world even in Singapore, whats the results?

Last edited:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better late than never. but it's just 6 days (normal 3 days) designated facilities & 14 days self quarantine. i read many don't follow rules during self quarantine. Compared to Australia, Taiwan which have 14 days quarantine in designated facilities, their rules seems too lax.

its a known fact their contact tracing isnt working. citizen also qns their own gov and foreigners also qns them. U have seen it in the political world even in Singapore, whats the results?
imho contact tracing a important tool for crisis management team to have overview of situation. without these data, it will be difficult make decisions on where to focus or needing more stringent controls. so contact tracing alone doesn't do much if there are no followup action.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better late than never. but it's just 6 days (normal 3 days) designated facilities & 14 days self quarantine. i read many don't follow rules during self quarantine. Compared to Australia, Taiwan which have 14 days quarantine in designated facilities, their rules seems too lax.

imho contact tracing a important tool for crisis management team to have overview of situation. without these data, it will be difficult make decisions on where to focus or needing more stringent controls. so contact tracing alone doesn't do much if there are no followup action.

They heard you: "Japan to ban foreign residents who traveled to India, Nepal and Pakistan"

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/05/12/national/india-pakistan-nepal-japan-ban/
At least they do one very right thing now. Meanwhile in Changi Airport.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They heard you: "Japan to ban foreign residents who traveled to India, Nepal and Pakistan"

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/05/12/national/india-pakistan-nepal-japan-ban/

Lol, did not fully address the issue right?
“Japanese nationals returning from those countries will still be allowed to re-enter Japan, the government announced Wednesday night.”

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

trust like USA!

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, did not fully address the issue right?
“Japanese nationals returning from those countries will still be allowed to re-enter Japan, the government announced Wednesday night.”
if you as a citizen of country Z cannot return to your own country when stuck elsewhere, how would u feel?

The passport you hold should allow you to return to your own country in any circumstance.

Correct me if i am wrong, but so far, all restrictions dont apply to own citizens/PR.

Even australia is allowing their own people back in limited numbers. (while closing borders fully to the rest of the world)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.