Going Japan this Oct-Dec?

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most visitors take trains. However for places off the rail network, or for those on tight budget, Nishitetsu and JR Kyushu have extensive bus networks. If you plan a lot of bus travel around Kyushu, take a look at this unlimited bus pass: http://www.sunqpass.jp/english/
thanks! looks good, will see how to fit into my plans.

drove around north kyushu for 2weeks previously. so was just thinking of trying new mode of transport.

initial plan (still undecided, may go for train-drive later lolz) was to use bus for intercity travel, stay for few days before moving to next. but sunqpass consecutive days requirements quite hard to fit into my plans

KyushuWoozy

Reaction score
drove around north kyushu for 2weeks previously. so was just thinking of trying new mode of transport.

It's always fun to try something new however I choose self-drive over public transport every time. For travelling big city to big city public transport is fine .... but for me, the countryside areas and away from the tourist trail are Kyushu's biggest attraction and public transport is too restrictive in rural areas here.

Anyway, still no sign of Japan opening for tourism so you got lots of time to think about it .... :)

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's always fun to try something new however I choose self-drive over public transport every time. For travelling big city to big city public transport is fine .... but for me, the countryside areas and away from the tourist trail are Kyushu's biggest attraction and public transport is too restrictive in rural areas here.

Anyway, still no sign of Japan opening for tourism so you got lots of time to think about it .... :)
for sure. had such a great time driving in Kyushu

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i drove alot of backroads during my last trip to avoid tolls :LOL: in fact i prefer to drive on rurals & touge. but not used to 20~30km/h speed limit:ROFLMAO: and need to plan well becoz these roads usually no street lights.:eek:

anyway still got plenty time to think about my next travel theme

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i drove alot of backroads during my last trip to avoid tolls :LOL: in fact i prefer to drive on rurals & touge. but not used to 20~30km/h speed limit:ROFLMAO: and need to plan well becoz these roads usually no street lights.:eek:

anyway still got plenty time to think about my next travel theme
For 20~30km/h speed limit, usually the local cars drive at 10-15km/h above that, at least for Hokkaido that is, unless you are stuck behind a convoy of military vehicles

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I will still take public transport in kyushu

Put aside my itinerary for osaka, for kyushu already have a rough plan.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we cant make it for May 2022, then the next best time to go is around end of 2022

KyushuWoozy

Reaction score
If we cant make it for May 2022, then the next best time to go is around end of 2022

Yes. We only just released our Sakura Tour (March 2022) last week but now I'm doubtful it can go ahead. Next target I suppose is Autumn Tour (Nov 2022). At this rate, I may need to wait until I'm about 90 until Japan finally reopens <sigh>

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. We only just released our Sakura Tour (March 2022) last week but now I'm doubtful it can go ahead. Next target I suppose is Autumn Tour (Nov 2022). At this rate, I may need to wait until I'm about 90 until Japan finally reopens <sigh>
Looks like a much longer wait than anticipated

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...gent-1st-omicron-case-confirmed-in-japan.html

concreteman

Reaction score
sigh

shake-my-head-snoop-dogg.gif

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at least they made good progress on vaccination rate which should around 77% now

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haizz have to cancel my hotel booking for spring 2022...
Doubt Japan will open up by then

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.