Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is this forum dying? because I don't see anyone replying other than this topic.
can I get some help because I'm planning to go with my wife to Europe. She wants to go to Switzerland and Paris. I would love to go to other countries as well but we are bringing our 1year5months baby with us. so can I get advise on what other beautiful city in Europe that we must visit other than Switzerland and Paris? Thank You. We are planning for free and easy, don't wanna go with travel agent due to hectic schedule that they have.

Maybe London? English speaking, less stressful, plenty of things to see, free and easy.

Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Brussels..

I would love to say coastal areas but with a kid can be challenging ~

spangaporean

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I realised you can fly to san Sebestian in an 1hr 15 mins ish from Barcelona. Train quite long man , wonder can see nice things by train.

3 nights Barcelona, 3 nights San Sebestian, 2 nights Bilbao

boleh?
ya lor...train so long no point....better rent a car and do 5h drive :LOL: flight should be ok! but also waste of time going airports :sneaky:

3 nights Barcelona, 3 nights San Sebestian, 2 nights Bilbao should be good and relax pace trip ...anyway those places chiu gonna jiak a lot so later must walk slowly haha

spangaporean

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this forum dying? because I don't see anyone replying other than this topic.
can I get some help because I'm planning to go with my wife to Europe. She wants to go to Switzerland and Paris. I would love to go to other countries as well but we are bringing our 1year5months baby with us. so can I get advise on what other beautiful city in Europe that we must visit other than Switzerland and Paris? Thank You. We are planning for free and easy, don't wanna go with travel agent due to hectic schedule that they have.
women´s cliché :ROFLMAO:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ya lor...train so long no point....better rent a car and do 5h drive :LOL: flight should be ok! but also waste of time going airports :sneaky:

3 nights Barcelona, 3 nights San Sebestian, 2 nights Bilbao should be good and relax pace trip ...anyway those places chiu gonna jiak a lot so later must walk slowly haha
Plan to walk a lot. haha.. I may do the Southern Spain in July. April do the above first. :)

Vineyard worth going bo? haha

spangaporean

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plan to walk a lot. haha.. I may do the Southern Spain in July. April do the above first. :)

Vineyard worth going bo? haha
walk ish good :LOL:

july quite hot ah but ish naise. keep in mind dat july and august are holiday months so expect more peepur, higher prices....

vineyard ah? ok la...if chiu like wine could be interesting to see

timothylry

Reaction score
What do you think of a budget of 3k can do in Europe or travel around. Looking for a budget trip but still be able to explore and eat some good food once in a while. Would want to save some money by having some cheaper accoms or like cook ourselves. Any advice?

spangaporean

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you think of a budget of 3k can do in Europe or travel around. Looking for a budget trip but still be able to explore and eat some good food once in a while. Would want to save some money by having some cheaper accoms or like cook ourselves. Any advice?
haw many days for 3k ah? dat budget ish just for hotels and food issit? ....

lololoony

Reaction score
I budgeted 3k flights, $300/night hotel, $300 expenses a day for 2 pax.
2 weeks trip in mid May-

plane hotel and trains alone already cost 8k 😂

timothylry

Reaction score
I budgeted 3k flights, $300/night hotel, $300 expenses a day for 2 pax.
2 weeks trip in mid May-

plane hotel and trains alone already cost 8k 😂
Wah that's way above budget. But thanks for sharing. Currently, flight tickets cost about 1k to and fro. Traveling around europe should be cheap too because of the EU pass. Maybe if i try Airbnb would be much cheaper than a hotel. $1k for flight, $700 for accommodations, maybe $300/400 for the train passes. Then budget 1k to eat and sight see which works around $70+ to eat and play per day. Anyone thinks this is possible?

lololoony

Reaction score
Wah that's way above budget. But thanks for sharing. Currently, flight tickets cost about 1k to and fro. Traveling around europe should be cheap too because of the EU pass. Maybe if i try Airbnb would be much cheaper than a hotel. $1k for flight, $700 for accommodations, maybe $300/400 for the train passes. Then budget 1k to eat and sight see which works around $70+ to eat and play per day. Anyone thinks this is possible?
Honestly depends on where you wna go. Eastern Europe confirm enough esp if you not scared being “nearer” to war zone.

I caught a public holiday, all prices massively inflated - London to Paris train instead of 79 euro become 144-244
If you go major cities (Lon Paris Amsterdam etc) $700 can probably get you 3-4n airbnb in a private room w shared toilet at best.
Again, europe is huge. A meal in swizzle, a meal in London, a meal in Croatia - all different.
Kiv your sgd $700 accoms is 480 euros at 1.5.

Kiv your expenses 1kSGD is under 700 euros.
Assuming 7 days, 50 euros a pax a day.
Enough for 3 simple meals, public transport. No fancy meals no attractions.
Again, depends on where you go. Number of days etc.

Might as well stretch your $$ in Aussie now at 0.9x

lololoony

Reaction score
Also if you go for a short trip eg 7 days 2-3 countries. Doubt you wna spend 1-2hours return journey from your Airbnb to city centre. And also hence ruling out many cheaper accoms.
3k? Confirm doable. See how you wna travel only

flekzout

Reaction score
Bro you can go Telegram join those VTL travel groups. Its more active there
how to? I mean is there any link that I can click to join?

I already set my travel itinerary for 2 weeks to go to Paris(2d), Barcelona, Interlaken(swiss), and Milan (4 days)
going with my wife and 1yr6mths toddler by then on August.

I have 1 most important questions on how to travel around in all those cities that I'll be staying for 4 days.
I mean should I buy like barcelona pass/card or turbopass?
if in Switzerland should I buy their swiss pass? full/half fare?
and how about in Milan?
appreciate if anyone can briefly explain to me in details. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

rVn_mUfC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's true, sit train from granada to Barcelona sit until butt pain.
But compare to flying I still prefer the train, no need go airport early etc. Just that always need hope the main luggage rack got space. If nt need carry and put on top.

spangaporean

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice to see u r still here! haven't been here much since my cancelled spain/portugal trip. everything swee swee at ur side? thinking abt a trip there in a couple of weeks
naw moi in singapore :LOL:

In may going back home, i stayed 2 months here visiting waifu family

ohhh planning to go spain?? (y)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.