Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thru klook?

i have 6 nights for both madrid and barcelona. do you think i should spend more days in barcelona or madrid?

Through expedia.

I spent 4 nights in Madrid and 3 nights in Barcelona. Personally I think is just right for me cos I also took day trips from there.

Segovia and Toledo from Madrid, and Montserrat from Barcelona

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice Galicia photos! I suppose need to rent a car? Dont want to end up like novato pulpo wearing backpack waiting to be picked.

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice Galicia photos! I suppose need to rent a car? Dont want to end up like novato pulpo wearing backpack waiting to be picked.

hahaha

Yeah...renting a car is the best option :s8:

Dat area ish oso good to do many wine tasting tours :s22:

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NQUddNPl.jpg

Oh moi forgot to show this amazing tortilla de patatas. One of the best in Spain. The town is called Betanzos and its famous for spanish omelete

Sent from spanish ahbeng low ses using GAGT

Last edited:

dragonmasterhuat

Reaction score
Hahah well done! :s12: moi checked Etxebarri and ish all year full :(

Pais vasco ish one of the best! no doubt! The product in Spain is fresh and good quality..chiu must enjoy while you are here ;) and of course! pintxos are awesome but quite ex...:s8:
Spanish restos in SG are designed to be atas, moi never like dat FT attitude :s13:

Hi Spangaporean

I will be in Spain from 17 to 30 Nov, Madrid, Barcelona etc. Will I need to bring a down jacket or will a sweater do? Thks

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Spangaporean

I will be in Spain from 17 to 30 Nov, Madrid, Barcelona etc. Will I need to bring a down jacket or will a sweater do? Thks
Jacket!
Anyway..check the weather 4 days before u come so can get a quite accurate forecast :)

lydiaxiez

Reaction score
have u guys tried the free walking tour ? did u feel it was too rushed since they are going quite a few places in 2.5 hrs?

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u guys tried the free walking tour ? did u feel it was too rushed since they are going quite a few places in 2.5 hrs?

I joined one in Seville - from Seville cathedral to Plaza de Espana, with about 5~6 stops with 5~10 minutes brief explanation at each stop and a half-an-hour or so rest stop at a restaurant. Not rushed at all but the route is not too long.

We also ended up tipping the guide as the AMDKs/AMDLs in the group starting doing so one by one. Prepare small change, 5 euros/pax seems to be the going rate.

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wLhpkWSl.jpg

Naise melon brand (with funny name/logo)...not cheap but quality ish great :)

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NQUddNPl.jpg

Oh moi forgot to show this amazing tortilla de patatas. One of the best in Spain. The town is called Betanzos and its famous for spanish omelete

LIES! This is just carrot cake from newton circus! :D

Looks like there's plenty of butter there? Your heart may skip a beat or two.

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LIES! This is just carrot cake from newton circus! :D

Looks like there's plenty of butter there? Your heart may skip a beat or two.
Haha spanish carrot cake ahh

Butter??? Where got butter la...we not bui bui americans anyhow jiak! ...no butter in a spanish omelette..ever..dats death penalty :D

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha spanish carrot cake ahh

Butter??? Where got butter la...we not bui bui americans anyhow jiak! ...no butter in a spanish omelette..ever..dats death penalty :D

Your neighbour le frenchies make very good butter! I thought the culture somehow pass down under a bit mah.

Any cheap & good tapas place to recommend in SG? Had the one at boat quay, my little spanish place, and it was average. Not filling enough, at least not until the bill comes lol

00abkt

Reaction score
Hi.Anyone in Barcelona right now?Thinking of going in mid Nov but saw they having protests now.Is it still ok to go?Thanks

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi.Anyone in Barcelona right now?Thinking of going in mid Nov but saw they having protests now.Is it still ok to go?Thanks

PA080331_zpsutwpmh8x.jpg

I visited Barcelona in 2017 when they were on the streets for the same reason. Generally, it was pretty orderly then as long as you dun do anything except walk quietly along the side towards your destination. But since then, the yellow vests in France and now the riots in HK have shown that it may be more impactful to have some level of violence, so it's not possible to be sure if it's safe this time round. If you can, best to avoid going. Lots of other places in Europe.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your neighbour le frenchies make very good butter! I thought the culture somehow pass down under a bit mah.

Any cheap & good tapas place to recommend in SG? Had the one at boat quay, my little spanish place, and it was average. Not filling enough, at least not until the bill comes lol

I tried FOC and esquina. Esquina is better but exoensive. FOC is not cheap either.

Are there cheap tapas locally?

Joseph99

Reaction score
Hi spangaporean,

I will be going to spain and portugal from 6 Nov to 15 Nov. I underdtand that the weather will be around 14 to 17 degrees. Do you think it will be very cold and do i need to bring winter wear ? And what food will you recommend ? Are the foods very expensive ? Can i budget EUR 20 for one meal ? TIA.

00abkt

Reaction score
PA080331_zpsutwpmh8x.jpg

I visited Barcelona in 2017 when they were on the streets for the same reason. Generally, it was pretty orderly then as long as you dun do anything except walk quietly along the side towards your destination. But since then, the yellow vests in France and now the riots in HK have shown that it may be more impactful to have some level of violence, so it's not possible to be sure if it's safe this time round. If you can, best to avoid going. Lots of other places in Europe.

Thanks Hawkwind.Original plan was to go Spain.Think will hv to look at other options.Any recommendations for other places of Europe.Time allocated is about 1 month.Thanks.

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PA080331_zpsutwpmh8x.jpg

I also went Barcelona in 2017! It was around the time of the referendum and few months after the La Rambla terrorist attacks. Didn’t encounter anything violent during my visit but that’s just me.....

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya lor... frenchies (gabachos) make eggcellent butter (like brexitlanders) and they use tons of it! :s22:

Sadly in SG all spanish restaurant mamahuhu. All designed to attract atas FT or high ses singaporeans... So far couldnt find one dat is naise for the price :s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.