Gold Coast

audrey_

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am planning to go Gold Coast to visit the theme parks. Can anyone spare me some tips to where else we can visit or if there are some places you recommend us to eat!

Thanks in advance!

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you flying in direct or visit from brisbane or other states?

U can visit and chill at the main beaches. That time i did a day trip to gold coast, visited surfers paradise and play in the water plus chill awhile at the beach. Food wise i cant say cause we bought food back to the hotel and cook.

getedmund

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am planning to go Gold Coast to visit the theme parks. Can anyone spare me some tips to where else we can visit or if there are some places you recommend us to eat!

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I'm a Gold Coast local originally from Singapore! Basically the unmissable parts of Gold Coast are the themeparks. Movieworld, Wet and Wild, Sea World and Paradise Country are under one company so their tickets are usually packaged together. Dreamworld, Whitewater World and Skypoint are another company so will be grouped separately.

For zoos, you can visit the adorable Australian animals including kangaroo and Koala patting at either Dreamworld (there is a mini zoo inside Dreamworld so you can see all the Australian animals there). Or if you have more time you can visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Remember to visit the honeyworld opposite as they make very good honey at reasonable prices.

Apart from those places there are other interesting places like Mt Tamborine and O'Reilly's Rainforest to visit. There are wineries along the way you can visit too.

Shopping wise the big labels have their off season stock at Harbourtown Shopping Centre. Definitely worth a day there to shop till you drop. My friends have bought cheap Nikes at $60 a pair.

Other times you can spend them at the beach, kids can learn surfing under a safe environment, eat at seafood restaurants and you can even book a hot air balloon trip or sky diving!

I have some Airbnbs in Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach if you haven't booked your accommodation yet please let me know and I can do some good prices for you.

Hope you enjoy your trip here

bigass

Reaction score
Visiting Brisbane and Goldcoast soon

Hi! I'm a Gold Coast local originally from Singapore! Basically the unmissable parts of Gold Coast are the themeparks. Movieworld, Wet and Wild, Sea World and Paradise Country are under one company so their tickets are usually packaged together. Dreamworld, Whitewater World and Skypoint are another company so will be grouped separately.

For zoos, you can visit the adorable Australian animals including kangaroo and Koala patting at either Dreamworld (there is a mini zoo inside Dreamworld so you can see all the Australian animals there). Or if you have more time you can visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Remember to visit the honeyworld opposite as they make very good honey at reasonable prices.

Apart from those places there are other interesting places like Mt Tamborine and O'Reilly's Rainforest to visit. There are wineries along the way you can visit too.

Shopping wise the big labels have their off season stock at Harbourtown Shopping Centre. Definitely worth a day there to shop till you drop. My friends have bought cheap Nikes at $60 a pair.

Other times you can spend them at the beach, kids can learn surfing under a safe environment, eat at seafood restaurants and you can even book a hot air balloon trip or sky diving!

I have some Airbnbs in Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach if you haven't booked your accommodation yet please let me know and I can do some good prices for you.

Hope you enjoy your trip here

funky05

Reaction score
from brisbane airport to gold coast surfers paradise.. airtrain is the cheapest?

poonyq

Reaction score
Is it better off driving around Brisbane or parking at one spot and pay whole day parking, and train around the city? We group of 4.

limchooc

Reaction score
Is it better off driving around Brisbane or parking at one spot and pay whole day parking, and train around the city? We group of 4.

Just to share my last year's experience. I park my car in the hotel as complimentary parking is provided and then take a free shuttle bus to move around in Brisbane down town. The bus stop is just outside the hotel. I even use the free ferry to cross the river to explore the South Bank.

However, take note that the free bus service stop at 7 pm. It took me 15 minute to walk back to my hotel, not too bad if you don't have young children or elderly in your group.

Last edited:

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is honeyworld better than superbee? I heard superbee also can see other animals.

correct

Reaction score
Gold Coast (7 days)

Does anyone have any recommendations for activities in Gold Coast?
We will be there for 7 days.

Sky Point (?), Beaches, Extreme Jet Boating, DreamWorld Theme Park, Pacific Fair shopping center, Harbour Town outlet shopping Centre, Coolangatta border point between Queensland and NSW, Point Danger, Snapper Rock.

We will be taking a car and also are still looking for 4 bedrooms accommodation with 4 bathrooms if possible.

Should we also go for the other theme parks or visit Brisbane.

liewdes

Reaction score

Sky Point (?), Beaches, Extreme Jet Boating, DreamWorld Theme Park, Pacific Fair shopping center, Harbour Town outlet shopping Centre, Coolangatta border point between Queensland and NSW, Point Danger, Snapper Rock.

We will be taking a car and also are still looking for 4 bedrooms accommodation with 4 bathrooms if possible.

Just back from gold coast 1 Jan.
Can try skydive at byron bay.
Moreton island day tour for snorkeling/kayaking and sand boarding. (Both activities I booked through Klook.)
Opposite pacific fair, there is Dracula's cabaret restaurant. (Klook too)
Can try Betty's Burger at pacific fair shopping mall.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score

https://infinitygc.com.au/

correct

Reaction score
Just back from gold coast 1 Jan.
Can try skydive at byron bay.
Moreton island day tour for snorkeling/kayaking and sand boarding. (Both activities I booked through Klook.)
Opposite pacific fair, there is Dracula's cabaret restaurant. (Klook too)
Can try Betty's Burger at pacific fair shopping mall.

Did not know of these three activities except Dracula's cabaret. How was your reviews on these activities?

We are thinking of staying in Broadbeach Waters instead at Surfer Paradise or Ashmore as we are in a group.

greyice

Reaction score
Any recommendation on restaurants in Gold Coast or Brisbane? Did not find much reco on food.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.