Good IMDA PSG grants laptop?

kgfixx

Reaction score
does anyone know the office 365 included with laptop is auto installed and activated or comes with some key? we already have an active subscription.

the quotes i received did not include the ofc setup, it can be requested at extra cost ( not covered by grant).

I think if you have the same version of the business 365 active subscriptions, the new subscription will be added on to your current account. But if the version is different, I think you will have to use the new business 365 as the active one as we need to show some proof of usage for the claim? and it would be such a waste for not using it too if it has more features.

Do not that some vendors provide business 365 basic (about $80) instead of the standard (about $180 to 200+ ), the basic only have email feature and softwares like excel and words etc are all web versions.

I have a MS Office 365 personal subscription and was renew not long ago, I was thinking maybe I can just get the 365 Business Basic and use it concurrently with the 365 personal at the same time as the 365 personal allows me to install the words and excel into the labtop. I have yet to confirm this, if anyone have the same situation, do share how you resolve this.

Cobra!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the quotes i received did not include the ofc setup, it can be requested at extra cost ( not covered by grant).

I think if you have the same version of the business 365 active subscriptions, the new subscription will be added on to your current account. But if the version is different, I think you will have to use the new business 365 as the active one as we need to show some proof of usage for the claim? and it would be such a waste for not using it too if it has more features.

Do not that some vendors provide business 365 basic (about $80) instead of the standard (about $180 to 200+ ), the basic only have email feature and softwares like excel and words etc are all web versions.

I have a MS Office 365 personal subscription and was renew not long ago, I was thinking maybe I can just get the 365 Business Basic and use it concurrently with the 365 personal at the same time as the 365 personal allows me to install the words and excel into the labtop. I have yet to confirm this, if anyone have the same situation, do share how you resolve this.
you can have concurrent subscriptions. there's just a risk you run afoul of microsoft licensing since your personal license is not supposed to be used for business purpose.

floodgate

Reaction score
Can share how to get the quote for Thinkpad T14, or the option to upgrade from the base model?
Maybe they're busy or something, I haven't been able to get them to offer it to me.... TIA

ToughLuck

Master Member
Reaction score
the psg is ending right? i think govt will extend... hence im kind of holding back for changes. maybe they will allow a mac and a windows

Ronkie

Reaction score
Hi anyone knows if payment mode can be by credit card to the vendor ? Thanks

zymphurious

Reaction score
the psg is ending right? i think govt will extend... hence im kind of holding back for changes. maybe they will allow a mac and a windows
You can hope that government will extend. But if government don’t extend, then you missed out lor.
But if the laptops selection is not what you like, then no point even with grant.

Ikuzan

Reaction score
Anyone received the claim from psg yet? And if so, how long did you wait since purchasing the laptop(s)?

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 31 Dec dateline is for submission or to get the acceptance letter?

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F

Romance-embraced

Reaction score
which company are you from? ure asking for private information on the form and yet you are anonymous

I work for a distributor for pre-approved vendors; I saw alot of people saying it's troublesome to go individual vendors to get quotation so i'm just helping out to make it easier for everyone. Of course, if you don't feel comfortable, you can always go to the individual pre-approved vendors to get quote. :)

bloodymiko

Reaction score
anyone knows any vendor that provides hig end laptops with a good graphics card bundled? that can be used for graphic editing and engineering software? so far the laptops seemed to be more for entry level.

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so which laptop available is the best or most getting? not too heavy. Good IPS screen etc.

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yoga Slim 7, with either 4700U or 4800U. If you just want a light and thin laptop plus some light gaming.
Thanks for the reply.

May i know who is offering this yoga slim 7 for the grant?

Its 1.4kg. one of the lightest. else other is ard 1.5-1.6kg

haans

Reaction score
You calculate total amount (laptop + m365 standard at 180) times quantity you getting, then add GST. Is the amount you have to pay vendor upfront first.
You can claim back $4032 from government once claim is done and processed to you.
So remaining amount divide by quantity is the amount you actually paid for the laptop.

Yeah slightly below $900 per laptop for T14 is the amount "actual paid" for the it after you get back your claims.

Hi, so to confirm, if the claim is not approved, then will be like purchasing the goods from the vendor?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.