Good IMDA PSG grants laptop?

snorex

Reaction score
Hi all, are there any companies you can recommend to go to for the purposes of acquiring good IMDA PSG grant laptops?

I saw some listed on IMDA website:

https://www.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imd...ved-remote-working-solutions-with-laptops.pdf

But was wondering if there are better laptops that other pre-approved vendors can provide. For example, are there suppliers who can provide laptops with good graphics card?

Thanks.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before we answer, what are you trying to achieve through this scheme?

Are you trying to find a coy to be able to sell you a laptop (cheaper) but they sign a imda scheme under their coy?

Or are you a coy that is trying to tap onto this scheme.

snorex

Reaction score
Before we answer, what are you trying to achieve through this scheme?

Are you trying to find a coy to be able to sell you a laptop (cheaper) but they sign a imda scheme under their coy?

Or are you a coy that is trying to tap onto this scheme.

Hey royfrosty, would you mind explaining to me the difference please? They both sound like they would allow someone to acquire laptops.

My uncle's company wants to buy laptop for his staff.

Thanks.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
i just realise got this PSG grant to get a laptop for remote working. I am also looking at the different solution as the laptop that i have gotten previously through the PIC is slowing down and is ready for upgrade. Looking through all, i am thinking the Surface laptop 3 from axiom seem good. Any good recommendation for others?

snorex

Reaction score
i just realise got this PSG grant to get a laptop for remote working. I am also looking at the different solution as the laptop that i have gotten previously through the PIC is slowing down and is ready for upgrade. Looking through all, i am thinking the Surface laptop 3 from axiom seem good. Any good recommendation for others?

Also, intersted to know about good laptops. Hmmm... I reached out to one vendor for quotation and they didn't even specify the model in their quotation and say it is subject to change. Weird procedure... Surprised that yours stated so clearly what the model would be.

Do you know whether it is possible to ask the vendor to upgrade the specs eg. put in dedicated graphics card? I know the gov may not cover it but that's fine. If not, it would not be much use for a graphics editing company.

Chang_Ching

Reaction score
Don't know how long you need to wait. Placed order with SingTel in June...they missed the delivery date which was 26 July and they still cannot confirm the laptop model they will be providing. Totally disappointed.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
Also, intersted to know about good laptops. Hmmm... I reached out to one vendor for quotation and they didn't even specify the model in their quotation and say it is subject to change. Weird procedure... Surprised that yours stated so clearly what the model would be.

Do you know whether it is possible to ask the vendor to upgrade the specs eg. put in dedicated graphics card? I know the gov may not cover it but that's fine. If not, it would not be much use for a graphics editing company.

i reach out to all the different companies found on the techdepot website. Most of the companies providing HP probook 440 or thinkpad e14. I am not sure whether they can upgrade as there is a spec requirement by IMDA.

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score

axxa1988

Reaction score
I got the Axiom surface laptop 3 , totally love the device. It comes with fast charging feature and great processor :) worth the wait

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
I got the Axiom surface laptop 3 , totally love the device. It comes with fast charging feature and great processor :) worth the wait

how long did u wait? i am getting from Axiom too but Axiom told me need to wait for stocks to come. around 2-3 weeks.

Romance-embraced

Reaction score
Hello! Do let me know if you are are looking for pre-approved vendor with stocks available for the 80% PSG laptop. I can link ya'll up :)

Romance-embraced

Reaction score
i reach out to all the different companies found on the techdepot website. Most of the companies providing HP probook 440 or thinkpad e14. I am not sure whether they can upgrade as there is a spec requirement by IMDA.

There's actually a certain specs being approved by IMDA hence, cannot upgrade . Hope it helps! :)

Romance-embraced

Reaction score

Do let me know if you're still looking for getting laptops from PSG! I can link you up with a pre-approved vendor with stocks available. :)

Romance-embraced

Reaction score
Criterias

Basically you have to fulfill the below criteria to be eligible:

For SMEs to be eligible:

1. Be registered and operate in Singapore;
2. Have a minimum of 30 per cent local shareholding; AND
3. Company's Group annual sales turnover should be not more than S$100 million OR
4. Company's Group employment size should be no more than 200 workers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.