Google pay suddenly stopped functioning when all setting unchanged

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want to use GPay during this time, only 1 choice. Uninstall GPS update, and install the app: Net Blocker.
Block Google play store from accessing internet. Only unblock when you want to download app. Then quickly block again.

Too lazy to do that. I use card for now. Thanks for the suggestion. .:s13:

Tectrica

Reaction score
Mine is K30 Pro China set but EU miui also still not working on 21.15.15.

Poseur

Reaction score
Update on my current work around solution that can use nfc on both transport and shop purchase.

Google play service was updated to ver 21.15.15.

1) Uninstalled gpay singapore apps.
2) installed the older Google pay apps (no paynow feature) version 2.129.364916235 and setup your card.

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
Update on my current work around solution that can use nfc on both transport and shop purchase.

Google play service was updated to ver 21.15.15.

1) Uninstalled gpay singapore apps.
2) installed the older Google pay apps (no paynow feature) version 2.129.364916235 and setup your card.
My setup is exactly like your's but it's still not working though. :(

I am using the old Google pay not G pay and remove and added the card I wanted to use but still could not use it for public transport. There were other cards that I didn't remove, should I be removing those as well? Did I miss out anything?

Poseur

Reaction score
1)Does your setup work for shop payments?
2)Had you also successful add your card to the TransitLink Simply Go applications?
I suspect it is the card you are using. Not all my cards is usable when I register it on the simply go app.
3)please also make sure you grant permission for your goggle pay apps to access nfc in apps settings.

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
1)Does your setup work for shop payments?
2)Had you also successful add your card to the TransitLink Simply Go applications?
I suspect it is the card you are using. Not all my cards is usable when I register it on the simply go app.
3)please also make sure you grant permission for your goggle pay apps to access nfc in apps settings.
Thank you for helping.

1) I have not tried POS terminals yet but the when the transit issued initially surfaced, my POS was not affected, only transit.
2)I have always been using this card for transit, so it shouldn't be a problem?
3)My phone vibrates and the card pops up on screen. The reader does not respond and I see an error on screen.

I am not using a XM or any China based iteration of Android by the way.

Techquestions

Reaction score
Using pixel 5. Faced this issue past few weeks. Updated to 20.21.17 fixed.

Now got new problem, hold power button never show card. But still can work

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
Using pixel 5. Faced this issue past few weeks. Updated to 20.21.17 fixed.

Now got new problem, hold power button never show card. But still can work
You mean downgrading your Google Play Services? How do you prevent it from auto updating though?

Ericng098

Reaction score
Update: on my Poco F3, Gpay has been working with transport for roughly a week. After Poco F3 receive a MIUI update, I uninstall GPS update, the version become 21.02.14.
Somehow, it didnt auto update to newer GPS version. So, Gpay is working fine since then.
Another thing I have done is going to "App Battery Saver" in setting, select Google play store and set "Restrict background activity".

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Realised ytd night that my GPay is working on transport again on couple of trips.
GPS updated to 21.15.15. I didn't do any remedial changes to my hp prior to this. hp is xiaomi 9t pro. :giggle:

David Lai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Realised ytd night that my GPay is working on transport again on couple of trips.
GPS updated to 21.15.15. I didn't do any remedial changes to my hp prior to this. hp is xiaomi 9t pro. :giggle:
are you using the sgp version gpay?

tcyeric

Reaction score
Currently my Pixel 5 and now the missus' Samsung S20FE are unable to use Google pay for transport.

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
working on and off on my mi 9t pro. sometimes it only works on the second try and need to hold the phone for about 3 to 4s but other times it is instantaneous.

AnDr3w82

Reaction score
working on and off on my mi 9t pro. sometimes it only works on the second try and need to hold the phone for about 3 to 4s but other times it is instantaneous.
Using same phone as well.
And I thought is my phone's NFC spoil, nv knew others were having similar issues as well

cctest

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! The issue is FIXED with the latest beta version of Google Play Services. It's currently beta (version 21.18.14). If you would like to try, go to apkmirror and get it, otherwise, it should reach everyone in the next couple weeks.

I updated the app from 21.15.15 without erasing data or doing anything else, and it started working with MRT and buses again.

AnDr3w82

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! The issue is FIXED with the latest beta version of Google Play Services. It's currently beta (version 21.18.14). If you would like to try, go to apkmirror and get it, otherwise, it should reach everyone in the next couple weeks.

I updated the app from 21.15.15 without erasing data or doing anything else, and it started working with MRT and buses again.
Thanks! It totally works.
The reader detected my phone even few cm before I touched it, just like it did before the bug came about.

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It totally works.
The reader detected my phone even few cm before I touched it, just like it did before the bug came about.
Hey can u share which version of the 21.18.14 ?? There's so many version with diff dates and different dpi 480 320 etc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.