Google Pixel 6a

Which would you rather keep: the camera or the chip?

• 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Tensor GS101 SoC

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters

eno_lc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the pixel 6a works with M1 5G? Didn’t see it on the list of 5G devices on M1 website

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
23CkCWt.png

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

24thchromosome

Reaction score
rmb to factor in gst+service charge, delivery fee etc...

Thanks. Yep, not forgotten. That is why only tempted and not compelled. :s13:

After factoring in shipping, insurance, gst and slight currency conversion losses, still worked out to be sgd50 cheaper than Court's (long time, on-going, seemed to be recurring monthly) $499 promo. In that case, I'll rather pay 50 bucks more for that 1 year local warranty.

But then, since this is not gonna be my main driver nor secondary phone but just as a backup phone to purely house all my banking apps and brokerage apps to be kept at home, make sense to wait a few more months for 7A to be announce and by then Courts might just start to clear stock with that 399 promo again :sneaky:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yep, not forgotten. That is why only tempted and not compelled. :s13:

After factoring in shipping, insurance, gst and slight currency conversion losses, still worked out to be sgd50 cheaper than Court's (long time, on-going, seemed to be recurring monthly) $499 promo. In that case, I'll rather pay 50 bucks more for that 1 year local warranty.

But then, since this is not gonna be my main driver nor secondary phone but just as a backup phone to purely house all my banking apps and brokerage apps to be kept at home, make sense to wait a few more months for 7A to be announce and by then Courts might just start to clear stock with that 399 promo again :sneaky:
FYI, Google themselves has never played the clear stock game. They will EOL the product way before new model launch and just let the stock slowly run out. Any promo will be done by those shops/retailers who have existing stock on hand.

Last edited:

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These are the 'hidden' costs often forget about
Delivery from US cost is freaking expensive sia, especially if you use DHL or some nicer couriers and then still have handling fees, GST. Might as well buy locally.

oh and risk of no local warranty. Anything have to send it back to claim warranty which is another big time cost.

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Delivery from US cost is freaking expensive sia, especially if you use DHL or some nicer couriers and then still have handling fees, GST. Might as well buy locally.

oh and risk of no local warranty. Anything have to send it back to claim warranty which is another big time cost.
Esp when pixel 4a (5G), pixel 5, pixel 5a with 5G, pixel 6 series (not available until feb 2022). importing is 💸

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yep, not forgotten. That is why only tempted and not compelled.
laugh.gif

But then, since this is not gonna be my main driver nor secondary phone but just as a backup phone to purely house all my banking apps and brokerage apps to be kept at home, make sense to wait a few more months for 7A to be announce and by then Courts might just start to clear stock with that 399 promo again
:sneaky:

your main phone no banking apps and brokerage apps? not sure about brokerage app but I think a number of banking apps only allowed on one phone?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.