Google Pixel 6a

Which would you rather keep: the camera or the chip?

• 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Tensor GS101 SoC

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I noted for 6a so far. Haha the fingerprint sensor really not good. Dunno why after recent security update seems to get worst. Alot of times ended up using pin.

Gaming wise, played immortal.. suddenly the whole phone went crazy keyboard type all the gibberish.
It has been acknowledged that 6a FPS was never the best when compared to most of it's competitors. That being said, I have no major issues with it on my unit.

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I noticed some shortcomings of the P6a as well but given the overall cost for me ($250) i can forgive them.
Just be realistic with the expectations and it is an awesome phone.

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
Phone has very neat functionalities for its price (i'm not a gamer).

For some reason my display sometimes gets "stuck" when I try to turn on the display by touching the screen with my finger. Have to press multiple times on the screen with my finger before the display comes on (and allows me to scan my finger).

Other shortcoming as others have noted is the relatively short battery life but for me still sufficient to be able to last two full days.

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery life seems okie for me. I’m not the type to be on my phone the entire day and I don’t game on it. I just listen to music, text and watch video while commuting.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have pixel 4a, and there is a VoLTE toggle in the settings.
Specifically for SIMBA, I just checked today.

The Pixel 4a still does not work with SIMBA, latest updates installed.
P4a SIMBA VoLTE.jpeg

VoLTE is still not provisioned because SIMBA (and M1) hasn't approached Google to provision their VoLTE profiles for the devices.

The operators and the phone manufacturers must both provision profiles for VoLTE to work. If the operator does not do their part with the respective phone manufacturers, by default it will not work.

simply.90

Reaction score
Specifically for SIMBA, I just checked today.

The Pixel 4a still does not work with SIMBA, latest updates installed.
View attachment 36974

VoLTE is still not provisioned because SIMBA (and M1) hasn't approached Google to provision their VoLTE profiles for the devices.

The operators and the phone manufacturers must both provision profiles for VoLTE to work. If the operator does not do their part with the respective phone manufacturers, by default it will not work.
Wow, I didnt expect the conflicting reports. Thanks for checking too. This is really disappointing/concerning, I was seriously considering to try out SIMBA in a couple of days once my current bill cycle ends. Will have to look at other options or avail a SIMBA SIM to test myself as well.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didnt expect the conflicting reports. Thanks for checking too. This is really disappointing/concerning, I was seriously considering to try out SIMBA in a couple of days once my current bill cycle ends. Will have to look at other options or avail a SIMBA SIM to test myself as well.
using voice app is not a big deal. set it to autostart and pin the app so it doesnt close

rznktoae

Reaction score
Anyone still haven't received their Black Friday Courts order?

They're now saying it's discontinued and won't be restocking in anymore so they asked to select another model or refund.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it's just like opening your native dialler

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

rznktoae

Reaction score
Huh so long? I think should just go for the refund.
exactly! i think why i'm so suay one. this is what they said in the email:

"With regards to your purchase order, we are sorry to inform you that the product has been recently discontinued. We are sorry to share that there will be no more stock incoming."

find it damn ridiculous. so meaning if i go down to any Courts now, there's not going to be a model available for walk in purchase?

if i go for refund, not gonna get the phone at this price anymore. so frustrating. wait 3 weeks for nothing

anthonygreenisreal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

"With regards to your purchase order, we are sorry to inform you that the product has been recently discontinued. We are sorry to share that there will be no more stock incoming."

find it damn ridiculous. so meaning if i go down to any Courts now, there's not going to be a model available for walk in purchase?

if i go for refund, not gonna get the phone at this price anymore. so frustrating. wait 3 weeks for nothing
Means not meant to be.

Reaction score

if dun go for refund can get phone meh?

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I see the camera bar at the back I thought a Pixel user then close look it was just Samsung S10 Series

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.