Google Pixel 7 series [Bundle promo]

What upgrade would you most like to see on the Pixel 7 series?

• Total voters

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
U all got use any protector for the camera pop out area? If have what u all recommend ah
I ordered gadgetshieldz camera bar skin, just came yesterday after about a 2 weeks delivery time. Not bad at all, the fit is perfect if u can squeeze/stretch some parts if needed. I ordered 3 and they gave 6. Otherwise I think whitestone dome glass comes with a camera bar protector also, the rest mostly is glass protector that may interfere with cases. Oh and some cases do cover the camera bar also.

mindgamey

Reaction score
I ordered gadgetshieldz camera bar skin, just came yesterday after about a 2 weeks delivery time. Not bad at all, the fit is perfect if u can squeeze/stretch some parts if needed. I ordered 3 and they gave 6. Otherwise I think whitestone dome glass comes with a camera bar protector also, the rest mostly is glass protector that may interfere with cases. Oh and some cases do cover the camera bar also.
I bought the glass that covers the camera bar.

Using it together with Ringke case, doesn't seem to interfere with the case.

Bought it cos I planning to use other case with full exposed camera

smallboi09

Reaction score
btw just curious, what are some of your overnight battery drain? If possible, do share some of ur settings too (e.g. wifi, bluetooth, NFC, 5G, location, Assistant from lock screen on/off, etc).

Mines around 7% for about 8 hours with everything off except for NFC, AOD and Assistant from lock screen on. My 6th day of usage so far, and IMO 7% is quite a high %?

Last edited:

DrAwkward

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw just curious, what are some of your overnight battery drain? If possible, do share some of ur settings too (e.g. wifi, bluetooth, NFC, location, Assistant from lock screen on/off, etc).

Mines around 7% for about 8 hours with everything off except for NFC, AOD and Assistant from lock screen on. My 6th day of usage so far, and IMO 7% is quite a high %?
Mine like 10-15% lol
5G, location, AOD, assistant, adaptive battery on
WiFi, Bluetooth off

Though sometimes I'll use phone on the bed before sleeping so by the time I sleep it's around 90-95%. Wake up it hovers around 80%.

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw just curious, what are some of your overnight battery drain? If possible, do share some of ur settings too (e.g. wifi, bluetooth, NFC, 5G, location, Assistant from lock screen on/off, etc).

My Pixel 4a around 10 hours drain 5% with bedtime mode on, it disabled AOD. If my AOD is turned on throughout, maybe 15%.

WIFI, LTE, Bluetooth were off.

NFC, Location and the rest all on.

But not really an apple to apple comparison.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The overnight drain is either 0% or at most 1% for my case.

Wifi on
Bt off
Location on
NFC on
Do not disturb on
AOD off.

You should check at the battery section. The programs that are running on background when you are asleep. Technically speaking, you should have 0 apps running in the background when you are asleep. If there is, then review the app that it is running. Do you need it or do not need it.

AOD and 5G standby also will greatly reduce your standby time.

teoph04

Reaction score
Finally decide to get the Bellroy. It is nice case.. No frill but the feel is good.
I am thinking of getting that too, but am afraid of the lack of protection on the camera bar. Do you have any protectors on it?

sigh

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting that too, but am afraid of the lack of protection on the camera bar. Do you have any protectors on it?
I bought a camera bar protector. Dont like it. Thinking of removing it.

I'm a barebone kinda guy, Just applied a screen protector after more than a month.

omelet

Reaction score

Personally found AOD to drain battery overnight on all my phones that support it. Usually between 6~10%.
You can try turning it off if you want better standby times.

Last edited:

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Personally found AOD to drain battery overnight on all my phones that support it. Usually between 6~10%.
You can try turning it off if you want better standby times.

Will the AOD turn off if the light sensor is blocked, and come back on once it senses light or touch? e.g. face down the phone on the table or under the pillow?

omelet

Reaction score
Will the AOD turn off if the light sensor is blocked, and come back on once it senses light or touch? e.g. face down the phone on the table or under the pillow?

I don't think AOD is controlled by any sesnor...

Interesting....just tried covering the sensor. All it did was dim the AOD...
This used to work on P4XL.

AOD off is still the best though...only drain 0~1% overnight.

Currently P7P still got this issue whereby when you have AOD on, after you press the power button, there is a delay to disable touch input before it fully switch to AOD mode.
Eg. Press the power button and then try tapping on where your icons are before it fully transition to AOD mode.
Unlock your phone again and you will realise that you had launched the app in the background...:ROFLMAO:

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Pixel 4 series have Soli radar to detect movement nearby phone and only turn on AOD with movement nearby. This helps save battery from AOD when no movement around the phone too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.