Got a new TV, what to do with old TV now?

MrBungle

Reaction score
Just bought a new TV set because the old LG 65 inch is having Horizontal Lines problems. It's still viewable but blurry, probably need to open up the back and stick a new clear tape on the connector which I had did once before.

But question is what do most people do with their old TV that have some defects?

Thanks.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am wondering too.

If it is likely to be beyond repair, probably just dispose as a bulky item if you are staying in HDB. If condo, then you need to check with MA on the procedures.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just bought a new TV set because the old LG 65 inch is having Horizontal Lines problems. It's still viewable but blurry, probably need to open up the back and stick a new clear tape on the connector which I had did once before.

But question is what do most people do with their old TV that have some defects?

Thanks.

Karang Guni would love to take these kinds of sets.
Any that come by in your area?

If not, I've seen a handful of shops in the back alleys of Little India that operate shops that try to repair, re-use or dismantle parts from large home electronics like TVs, fridges, washers, etc. Let me see if I can get their contact or something when I swing around next.

MrBungle

Reaction score
managed to sell at $100 to a needy family on carousell, cincai la, if they can fix the faulty issue its good for them. lucky they come and collect themselves.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
managed to sell at $100 to a needy family on carousell, cincai la, if they can fix the faulty issue its good for them. lucky they come and collect themselves.
Oh? How do you know they're needy? Karang guni love this type of TV sets, easy to repair themselves and then sell off for a meat profit... can export some more for better profits...

daisuki

Reaction score
They want use your tv panel make more Prism+ tvs ba.... those dead on arrival ones. :s21:

Last edited:

MrBungle

Reaction score
actually true, but cincai la, take away, display flickering and got long scratch on the screen.. i sian already, sell off better.

MrBungle

Reaction score
Karang Guni would love to take these kinds of sets.
Any that come by in your area?

If not, I've seen a handful of shops in the back alleys of Little India that operate shops that try to repair, re-use or dismantle parts from large home electronics like TVs, fridges, washers, etc. Let me see if I can get their contact or something when I swing around next.
thanks Dr Vijay

yuh apparently alot of ppl msged me, maybe should have asked for better price?

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
thanks Dr Vijay

yuh apparently alot of ppl msged me, maybe should have asked for better price?
Welcome :)

I guess more importantly, you got rid of something that someone can benefit from :)

Dadede

Reaction score
I also have a 5 month old OLed LG Tv 55 inch cost about 1.9k but the screen was crack accidentally. Warrenty doesn't cover and it is too costly to repair. Place it on carousell for a week and no response was there. Should I just throw away?

The Legionnaire

Master Member
Reaction score
Recycling process for older models..there are diodes, transformers, resistors, capacitors etc..quite costly little electronic spares which are interchangeable!

weeza77

Reaction score
I also have a 5 month old OLed LG Tv 55 inch cost about 1.9k but the screen was crack accidentally. Warrenty doesn't cover and it is too costly to repair. Place it on carousell for a week and no response was there. Should I just throw away?
Sell for spare parts, eg. Power Board, Main Board etc..

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should have just bless them

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bless them

Aladdin Beast

Reaction score
Can show picture how bad the crack? Means still can use?

3XTR3M1ST

Master Member
Reaction score
Can share the model number?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.