[GPGT] Actually Singaporeans very united against FT complaining about citizen vaccine prioritisation

May Day

Reaction score
It is only right for a country, any country, to take care of her own people first. To do otherwise would be treacherous.
All residents in Singapore need to be vaccinated for everyone to be protected.

The COVID virus do not differentiate between citizens or foreigners.

But there is a very big IF those foreigners who got vaccinated in Singapore are staying put in Singapore to ride out the crisis with us.

I have know of not one but a few PRs who deliberately flew into Singapore in the last few months to get vaccinated in Singapore because their own home country do not have the supply yet.

One was a middle-age couple and another guy in his 50s. And they flew back promptly to their home countries within a few days after receiving the second dose.

There is even three different people I know who flew back Singapore, served the 14 days SHN just to get the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine because the vaccine provided by their government is neither of these two western mRNA vaccine.

Orgorgrog

Reaction score
Saw on MOH facebook today also. Someone tried to explain the logic behind the priority to them but literally every response from them was basically "me first! me first! me first!" Said in different ways :rolleyes:

ubtokendotnet

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw on MOH facebook today also. Someone tried to explain the logic behind the priority to them but literally every response from them was basically "me first! me first! me first!" Said in different ways :rolleyes:

lol apparently singapore is unethical and unfair leh, overseas wont discriminate even if u are illegal immigrant :s22:

Messidonna

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These bloody fake talents asking for more and more, they can go back to their rotten hellhole of a country for all i care

MiG123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anw basic misconception being perpetuated/acknowledged even by those defending sinkies is that sinkies somehow have priority for vaccination

can’t be more wrong, know so many true blue Ns served sinkies still haven’t got their invite while almost all the FT I know alr got theirs

Phoooey

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, of the 2 million fully vaccinated in Singapore, I dare say the majority are foreigners.

Even all foreign maids regardless of age were invited to be vaccinated before registration was opened for citizens under 40 years old in April/May.

If not, this Pinky government will be eager to show and publish the Singaporean vaccination statistics to show that they put Singaporeans first.

Think about it, why did they suddenly come up with a rule that the below 40 year old citizens have got a 2 week priority registration now?

Last edited:

ColdPalace321

Reaction score
Agree. Ytd that reddit thread was the first time i upvoted the IB simply cos he was defending this policy so vigorously. :s13:

Surprised to see the IB not being blindly pro-foreigner for once.
Because even PAP IB see this blatant "foreigners-first" thing will also DulanMax.

PAP IBs can only pretend for so much.

May Day

Reaction score
Just found out some of my FT colleagues, all working from home are getting vaccination slots before my siblings and I despite registering g our interest at the first opportunities.

MegatonNev

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, govt has been quite fair... They gave it to frontline first regardless of citizenship... That's impt... I'm not complaining that dormitory workers are getting it earlier than me cause they need it more than me...

As for the thread starter in Reddit... Just angry over not being able to get it asap... Why not try moving back to own country to see if he/she get prioritized...

May Day

Reaction score
Actually, govt has been quite fair... They gave it to frontline first regardless of citizenship... That's impt... I'm not complaining that dormitory workers are getting it earlier than me cause they need it more than me...

As for the thread starter in Reddit... Just angry over not being able to get it asap... Why not try moving back to own country to see if he/she get prioritized...
Yes, I agree. Don't know why the so called FTs like to play the victim card and sullied Singapore's fairness and vaccine meritocracy internationally.

Frontline workers from foreign nurses to Malaysian bus drivers were vaccinated first in Jan, Feb and March followed by old folks in Singapore above 60 regardless of nationalities.

Even my foreign maid younger than my siblings and me are invited for vaccination in May two months before we as Singaporeans get our first jabs in July/August.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.