[GPGT] Chiangmai 8 days trip throwback

randyap

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After learning Thailand is scraping away its PCR testing starting May, fast hand fast leg booked air tickets to chiang mai early May. Just tidied up all the pictures i've taken and decided to share it here, in the spirit of contributing to making interesting threads. I've been to chiang mai once and this is the 2nd time.

All i can say this is a damn good time to go chiang mai, it used to be flooded with ATs and we all know "some" of them are not well liked as tourists. Well now, covid has brought wonderful changes to here. Its still not crowded here as tourism has just picked up, food, massages are all very cheap as most of them has slashed prices due to limited tourists. About 70% of the shops are opened. SGD is strong too.

I'm sharing random pictures of food and attraction places for fun, so don't expect a blog or excellent narratives or professional photography. I'll continue sharing when i'm free.

Touch down Chiangmai, love the airport, lovely background scenery. Here we go ~

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is your airfare? last I came here was to do the MHS loop on motorcycle..

randyap

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The beautiful thing about chiangmai is the airport is only 3km away. No jams here unlike Bangkok and i've never heard anybody horning throughout my trip. Chiangmai drivers are very patient, to the extend they will just wait behind for you to finish your walk in a one way street, even if you don't know they are behind u.

This time round, i'm staying at ICON park hotel. My pics are really not well taken and i don't take picture of everything including my hotel room. So expect non ejaculation sometimes when browsing my photos. I've got a free upgrade for my hotel room this time. Booked this hotel for the whole trip as a base, if i need to stay at other places i'll book again.

Hotel Lobby. As you can see opposite of the hotel there is a pub operating till 1am and there are alot of young beautiful girls every night working there. Its a waste that they can't speak english. Paiseh for the NPNT, i don't really like to take pictures of ladies without their permission. Moi promise later will have abit of picture where they took with me.

view from my windows 5th floor

This is meant to be a chill trip for relaxing after 2 years never travel. Chiangmai is a very easy place, the attractions are all around this 1 by 1 mile square. So no stress to plan anything, just eat sleep relax and go with the flow. If you want to go further to popular attractions like Doi Suthep, Doi Inathron, Sticky waterfalls etc . . just book a tour with klook or your hotel. Not recommended to go to popular places by public transport. I'll share why later on . . .

There are 4 gates north south east west to the 1 by 1 mile square grid. This is how they looks like. This is the Southern gate if i remembered correctly. U can buy food to feed the pigeons here... i didn't do it. . .in sg feeding pigeon is illegal :ROFLMAO:

First meal of the day. KFC beside my hotel. :ROFLMAO: Please don't laugh at me, i'm just too hungry . . . however to my pleasant surprise, the KFC standard here is tip top and only half the price of SG, i actually ordered a one piece chicken everyday because it is damn good especially with the exclusive thai sweet sauce.

The pub actually allows you to bring in the KFC and drink their beer and listen to their live band and enjoy the view of many xmm with different costume every night.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.