[GPGT] I lost $130k on crypto.

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
alway remember tis xiao di di...

... when everybody is talking about it, or when u read it in the news, or even just forums...

means u are alredi late to the party and big sharks are prepping small fish to die for them.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something that has been on my mind as of late, but something I have been reluctant to share due to embarrassment is the fact that I lost close to 130k on cryptocurrencies.

It all began late in 2017 when I had been hearing all this hype around cryptocurrencies. At the time I just ignored it, but eventually after ethereum broke $1k I started experiencing fomo and bought it at around 1.3-1.4k USD per eth. Put in my life savings close to 50k SGD and bought 26+ Eth.

Eventually price drop to around $100 and I thought it was over, sold when it rebounded to $170 cause I thought it would never recover. End up can only recoup a few thousand dollars lost close to 90% of my money.

Now when I think about the current crypto boom I always feel very depressed because if I had not sold that 26 ether could be worth close to 150k. I feel like an idiot.

Here is the picture for when I sold out at the bottom. Sold in April 2019 1 month after ETH hit a low of $100 USD.
b0be5428e4591df2db7cdf5cedfbeef2.png

Even though I am soon approaching 30, I am embarrassed to say I have less than 30k to my name. Till this day the 1 girlfriend I had left me after I shared with her this story earlier this year after a relationship close to 3 years.

it's ok. doing trading and investment... this type of miss is part and parcel of it. Luck plays a big part in life too.

I bought usd$50k of AMC stock at around $5..

1-2 weeks after I disposed it, it shot up to $60-70 dollars.

That is usd$600,000 to 700,000 of profits.

Staid4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok la TS to me i find this is one of the passage to adulthood.

One of the things we have to go through if you want to succeed.

Money always can earn back. Is if you learn the lesson.

I just got into crypto 1 month ago... lost 40% due to fugging MATIC... but i've learn some experience... but i play 4 digit only la

luifd168

Reaction score
Something that has been on my mind as of late, but something I have been reluctant to share due to embarrassment is the fact that I lost close to 130k on cryptocurrencies.

It all began late in 2017 when I had been hearing all this hype around cryptocurrencies. At the time I just ignored it, but eventually after ethereum broke $1k I started experiencing fomo and bought it at around 1.3-1.4k USD per eth. Put in my life savings close to 50k SGD and bought 26+ Eth.

Eventually price drop to around $100 and I thought it was over, sold when it rebounded to $170 cause I thought it would never recover. End up can only recoup a few thousand dollars lost close to 90% of my money.

Now when I think about the current crypto boom I always feel very depressed because if I had not sold that 26 ether could be worth close to 150k. I feel like an idiot.

Here is the picture for when I sold out at the bottom. Sold in April 2019 1 month after ETH hit a low of $100 USD.
b0be5428e4591df2db7cdf5cedfbeef2.png

Even though I am soon approaching 30, I am embarrassed to say I have less than 30k to my name. Till this day the 1 girlfriend I had left me after I shared with her this story earlier this year after a relationship close to 3 years.
Sorry to hear that. I hope yours is a fake story.

Strained

Reaction score
You didn’t lose 130k, you lost 45k. You can’t count the amount you could have gained if you didn’t sell. It doesn’t work this way.
Well, that how I feel about it but i guess yes I "only" lost 45k. But in reality it feels like I lost out on 130k

Staid4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
She really wanted to get married and have a nice wedding for awhile, but I lacked the funds and she asked me why I lacked the money and I explained. I feel a bit sad but I hope god has another plan for me.
Wah..that is so practical man.

Seriously she left you just because of the money?

If so i'm glad you saw through her before you committed. Just imagine if you're married and one day you're down... she'd probably divorce or kick you out of your own house.

At least you know she didn't stood by you when you needed her.

luifd168

Reaction score
I hear many show-off stories about crypto. TS story is more refreshing. I hope it's fake. If it's real, I hope TS recovers. I think better just work hard at your job and ignore these crypto noise. It's socially useless speculation and creates no value to society. At least stocks serve more useful purpose by supporting useful companies.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.