[gpgt] my cushion inner lining tear open :(

articland05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kivik ikea...
taking the covers out to wash then realise the inner lining tear open and the cushion is spilling out.

I'm using those kind of clear duct tape to tape up the tearing for now hope it doesnt become bigger but i dun think the duct tape stick well to the lining...

uGRv2Pg.jpeg

Sent from EDMWER app!

danny8x8

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy another..... cushion cover. Old one to keep foam in place. New cover over the old one.

articland05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy another..... cushion cover. Old one to keep foam in place. New cover over the old one.

that translucent lining ikea not selling. and i dun think it is removable (no zipper). this is consider the inner lining of the cushion...not exactly a cushion cover. there is another actual exterior cover which i alrdy removed

Sent from EDMWER app!

danny8x8

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that translucent lining ikea not selling. and i dun think it is removable. this is consider the inner lining of the cushion...not exactly a cushion cover. there is another actual exterior cover which i alrdy removed
Sent from EDMWER app!

I know. Wash your cover. Put cushion in cover. Put new cover over old cover. Old cover is now new lining which will not be removed anymore. Confusing?

articland05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know. Wash your cover. Put cushion in cover. Put new cover over old cover. Old cover is now new lining which will not be removed anymore. Confusing?

the cover itself cost $290. quite expensive to buy another set of cover. unless i opt for those generic taobao sofa cover which doesnt exactly fits well

Sent from EDMWER app!

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about those iron on patches

you can also try to just get replacement cushions from those reupholstery shops
they can custom make for ur sofa

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kivik ikea...
taking the covers out to wash then realise the inner lining tear open and the cushion is spilling out.

I'm using those kind of clear duct tape to tape up the tearing for now hope it doesnt become bigger but i dun think the duct tape stick well to the lining...

uGRv2Pg.jpeg

Sent from EDMWER app!
Diy another cushion cover

3sth3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I got same problem with my castlery sofa. Heng I got those unwanted quilt cover. I just throw the cushion in, wrap it and stuff it back into the casing after wash. After that the cushion also look much better. Less saggy

savoirex

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bring your torn cushion to neighbourhood tailor shop and ask them to make a new inner cover...

careermind

Reaction score
kivik ikea...

uGRv2Pg.jpeg

Sent from EDMWER app!
Welcome to IKEA furniture club.

Must be careful later give backside 开花 😂

fapperoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't bear to throw the years of accumulation of bui bui fats, sweat and siow ?

elmohootbigbird

Master Member
Reaction score
cannot save liao bro. the tears will become more and bigger. my sofa inner lining all like that. all cui. now i dont even date to wash the outing casing anymore. take out is all cui.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
better buy new one... dunno what kind of disease microbes hiding in there... :frown:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.